2020 Member Sponsored Geek Critique Calendar

Started by Brlesq, 10/04/2019 04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brlesq

We're kicking off another year of the Member Sponsored Geek Critiques for 2020. This is Geek Critique where the sponsor (CG  member) generously provides a cigar that they would like to see reviewed, and sends it to 5 other active members of our site.  The results are posted on the front page for an entire month. The sponsor can hand pick the 5 reviewers, or can leave it open for volunteers.

We are looking for 12 sponsors for 2020. In order to get the best out of each sponsorship, we would like to ask for the following criteria:

Sponsor Criteria:
1. Should be regularly active on the site for the past year.

2. Should be prepared to remain active in the coordinating thread of your sponsorship. This means communicating with 5 reviewers in the thread, announcing when the cigars have been shipped, checking that the cigars have been received, and posting regular reminders of the due date as it nears.

3. Should be prepared to have the cigars to be reviewed delivered NO LATER than the 7th day of the month prior to the review in order to give the reviewers time to let the cigars acclimate and some time do their reviews by the 25th of the month. (For example, if the cigar is set for a February Geek Critique, the cigars must be delivered no later than January 7 since the reviews will be required to be completed by January 25.)  It is preferred if you can get the cigars into the reviewers hands earlier, even 4–8 weeks earlier, if possible.

4. Be able to upload a picture of the cigar to the CG Database (using our standard criteria and template) and some background info or "hype" on the cigar.  

Sponsors will have the choice of hand picking the 5 reviewers, or can leave it open for volunteers based upon some criteria.   If it's a criteria based choice, give some thought as to what criteria you would like posted. Keep solid newbies in the mix. Let the coordinating Administrator know if you prefer to leave the reviewer recruiting up to them. Decide where you will or will not ship too.

Reviewer Criteria:
Reviewers should be firmly committed to get their Geek Critique submitted by the deadline.  Prospective reviewers should also contemplate the description of the cigar being reviewed, and only volunteer if it's a cigar that you might enjoy.  For example, don't volunteer to review a mild cigar if you don't like mild cigars. Leave the spot open for someone else that might enjoy it and give it a fair score.    

Finally, THANK YOU to all the sponsors for 2019! Your generosity is an amazing part of what makes this site so great!

We've already had a few members volunteer to be sponsors, but there are plenty of spots still open! Pick a month to be a sponsor and let me know.  And please feel free to PM me with any questions.  Thanks!

January – Cfickter (Chuck)
February – Kid Montana (Daniel)
March - StogieDad (Michael)
April - nirab (Brian)
May - 05Venturer (Kent)
June - DRuff  (Doug)
July - bstessl (Brian)
August – Vroomp (Brad)
September - ninfiction (Brian)
October - Deener27 (David)
November - Beegerply (Byron)
December - Adwinistrator (Ryan)
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Kid Montana

I'd rather have a cigar...

ninfiction

This is not the admin you're looking for...

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Brlesq

Quoteninfiction - 10/5/2019  2:18 PM

I'll take a month...any month

Thanks, Brian! If you have no preference, I'll slot you into a month after a few more members have picked months that might be better for them because of work, travel, etc. But you definitely get a month.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

ninfiction

QuoteBrlesq - 10/5/2019  2:46 PM

Quoteninfiction - 10/5/2019  2:18 PM

I'll take a month...any month

Thanks, Brian! If you have no preference, I'll slot you into a month after a few more members have picked months that might be better for them because of work, travel, etc. But you definitely get a month.

Perfect, thanks Bruce
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Beegerply

Bruce I will do November again put me down please. :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

Brlesq

QuoteBeegerply - 10/8/2019  8:11 AM

Bruce I will do November again put me down please. :biggrin:

You got it, Byron.  Thank you!

Bruce
Chief Enabler 

StogieDad

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Brlesq

QuoteStogieDad - 10/8/2019  9:53 AM

Bruce, I will pick up March.

Thank you, Michael!  March is yours
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

DRuff

Brlesq

QuoteDRuff - 10/8/2019  7:25 PM

I'll take June

All yours, Doug.  Thanks!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

Brlesq

bstessl (Brian) taking July.  Thank you!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

Brlesq

ninfiction (Brian) taking September. Thank you!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

nirab

The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Brlesq

Quotenirab - 10/11/2019  7:22 PM

I will take April please... :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:

April is yours, brother.  Thank you!

Bruce
Chief Enabler 

Deener27

Just 2 spots left.  Get em now folks.

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

Vroomp

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

Brlesq

QuoteVroomp - 11/20/2019  6:14 PM

Put me down for August please.

August is yours.   Thank you!

Only one month left (December 2020).  Who wants it?

Bruce
Chief Enabler 

Adwinistrator

Adwinistrator

Brlesq

QuoteAdwinistrator - 11/21/2019  9:40 AM

Can I pick up December?

You got it, Ryan.  Thanks for stepping up.

THE 2020 GEEK CRITIQUE CALENDAR IS NOW FULL!  Thank you to all the volunteers/sponsors.  :bigthumbs:  

Bruce
Chief Enabler 

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.