Whats your go to Cup O' Joe?

Started by StogieDad, 11/26/2019 01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StogieDad

Doesn't have to be fancy or expensive.  Keurig, drip, French Press, Starbucks....whatever.  Can be machine roasted or dried on the thighs of virgin goats on top of the highest mountain in Columbia then strained through mermaid hair for all care...

I do Community Coffee.  I know, not very exciting.  Mostly their Chicory Blend, but I always order their Founders, New Orleans, and Heritage as well.  They usually have anywhere from 33% to 50% off of their site, so I can get the K-cups WAY cheaper than the grocery store, so I stock up once every couple months.

So what's your brew?

Image result for community coffee with chicory"

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

wescat

https://jeremiahspick.com/product/fogbuster/

$11.00/lb, I buy the whole bean and grind it myself. Smooth, strong coffee.
The second law chases us all.
In most realms, tranquility comes from ownership.
Order ensues when everyone totes their own water.  
Stand firm, and never let the bastards grind you down.  
Life's arc is primarily charted between ones ears.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
Heaven is where the police are British, the lovers French, the mechanics German, the chefs Italian, and it is all organized by the Swiss.
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

Chefjohn

Seattles Best. Any of their dark roasts.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Kid Montana

We usually buy the cheapest 3lb bag at Costco which is pretty dang good for $3.50/lb.  Sometimes we splurge on a seasonal Starbucks blend when its on sale, but its usually still $5.50/lb.

I'd rather have a cigar...

Cfickter

when at home and need it quick a Keurig Dark Magic hits the spot, when out and have the time always looking for a good dark roast like a Guatemalan
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

shakinghorizons

Quotewescat - 11/26/2019  1:04 PM

Years ago when I worked graves at the prison, this is what got me to actually drink coffee.

Deener27

I work for a company that distributes and supplies a ton of different coffee lines so I have had the pleasure of trying a ton of different types and micro roasted blends.

Without a doubt, I can tell you that this question is just like our cigars here.  If you branch out slowly and try different stuff, you'll never go back to the same ol cup o joe.

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

Beegerply

Whatever my wife buys me, not much into different kinds of coffee. I usually only drink two cups a day then I'm done after that.  I'm sure if I took the time to taste the blends just like are cigars I'd have a different opinion. But on this fine morning I'm drinking Maxwell House good to the last drop.   :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

wescat

Quoteshakinghorizons - 11/26/2019  9:40 PM

Quotewescat - 11/26/2019  1:04 PM

Years ago when I worked graves at the prison, this is what got me to actually drink coffee.
The job supplied it?
Heaven is where the police are British, the lovers French, the mechanics German, the chefs Italian, and it is all organized by the Swiss.
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

amigodecigars

High elevation, strictly hard bean, similar to Kona and Blue Mountain.
"There are plenty of good five-cent cigars in the country. The trouble is they cost a quarter. What this country needs is a good five-cent nickel."  Franklin Pierce Adams

Cigary

I love coffee.. I have a ton of favorite ones but the one that holds my attention.... Don Pablo Organic blend. Very smooth with no acid content at all. $12 @Costco for a 2 lb bag whole beans... made with  thePlanetaryDesign French Press coffee maker...... mmmmm.... doesn't get any better than this.

nickthafish

There is a local roaster near my work, Trifecta, that roasts on site so I usually ask what the freshest roast is and go with that to try different regions. Lately I've really liked the Mexico Chiapas and Sumatra. At home I do Keurig in a rush but usually grind fresh and do pour over in a Chemex @ 15g coffee to 250g water and it comes out amazing! At work we have a regular drip coffee maker but I usually get us good coffee, and if I'm feeling special I have a French Press in my office too. I recently got some wine barrel aged coffee beans but haven't tried em yet? Interested to see if it really imparts some interesting flavors or is just B.S. marketing.

nirab

I drink a ton of coffee, and I mean a ton! There are a lot of great coffee options out there for sure. Since I was turned on to New Mexico Pinon coffee, that is my go to, most purchased coffee. I still try other stuff, but, NMP is so darn good, consistent and fresh, that I don't find much need to try other coffees. Even their flavored coffee is great, and I have never liked flavored coffee before. You can order from them online, and I promise, you will not be disappointed!! It is the only coffee we sell at The Cigar Vault, and I have folks who do not smoke cigars that come in just for our coffee...and we have a great coffee shop one block away from us!!  :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

nickthafish

Quotenirab - 11/27/2019  11:29 AM

I drink a ton of coffee, and I mean a ton! There are a lot of great coffee options out there for sure. Since I was turned on to New Mexico Pinon coffee, that is my go to, most purchased coffee. I still try other stuff, but, NMP is so darn good, consistent and fresh, that I don't find much need to try other coffees. Even their flavored coffee is great, and I have never liked flavored coffee before. You can order from them online, and I promise, you will not be disappointed!! It is the only coffee we sell at The Cigar Vault, and I have folks who do not smoke cigars that come in just for our coffee...and we have a great coffee shop one block away from us!!  :biggrin:

I drink a lot of their stuff too, they are down the street from my work as well, great coffee!

wescat

Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

sweatsock

The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf Organic Papua New Guinea Coffee, 2 Pound. I was buying it at Costco and then now Costco online and now Amazon.
Peruvian Organic from Sprouts.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.