What happened to Black Friday?

Started by sweatsock, 11/29/2019 09:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweatsock

It is still early but where  are the deals? CI, Holts, Cigar Page and JR have recycled tepid deals. Buying cigars for me is a recreational activity. I buy because of opportunity not need. I am always searching for the triple dip; good price, secondary discount and free shipping. In 2015 Famous had some fun deals; a free Padron 1964 sampler with a modest purchase.  Today they have $40 off on a $150 purchase. I do better using the UPS code.

appollo

Atlantic has 40% off BLTC and BWS.Just start smoking these brands,they have some good stuff.

Brlesq

What's the UPS code?  Sounds like a great deal.

We get 17% off year round at CigarGeeks using CG17.   The Black Friday deal ($40 off $150 + free shipping) is about a 27% discount.

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Deener27

Just thinking about this recently.  Most retailers used to have some killer deals that were interesting.  Now it is very few and far between or for mostly horses**t cigars.

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

sweatsock

The code is UPS20; 20% off on a $125 purchase and it is in the UPS shipping notification email. I tried it now and it was expired. It comes and goes.

headfirst

Quoteappollo - 11/29/2019  10:52 AM

Atlantic has 40% off BLTC and BWS.Just start smoking these brands,they have some good stuff.

Uh oh, I better not look!
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

Adwinistrator

Cfickter

Cigar Fed had 25% off site wide
I got like 5 emails from Fox for deals
Corona had a decent offer
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

StogieDad

I got the CRA Sampler and 10 LADC EE + 3 Cigar Ashton Sampler for $150 shipped at CigarKing.  Just the CRA is MSRP 150 so that was pretty good.

La Coalicion hit at SmallBatch too and they had some email codes.  Got 10 at 15% off and a 4 stick Guardian of the Farm sampler.  Also got an entry 1/6 chance at a box of Claude Le Chien.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

DonM

Greetings Gents!

Do not forget Cyber Monday, guaranteed to clog your e mail client up from every internet cigar shop you have subscribed to.  Happy shopping

"The Curmudgeon"

sweatsock

The only deal that I bought so far was the 10 cigar Montecristo sampler from JR for $29.95. I like to have some Montes in my stash and will buy when the price is attractive. I would have posted this pre Black Friday deal, but hadn't registered here.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.