Graycliff in Nassau

Started by StogieDad, 01/02/2020 08:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StogieDad

I have been trying to find a little info on this but figured I would reach for any first hand experience.  I know I have heard the cigars at the actual Graycliff resort are pretty good, considerably better than the catalog versions here.  I have googled all morning, and can't find much other than the general info on tours and such.  I thought I head there was an exclusive that they only sell there, or is it everything they sell a different blend?

Anyone been and had a positive or negative experience?  We are in Nassau for a day in February and I'm pretty sure I want to go anyway but thought I would see if anyone had any insight.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Cfickter

It will be interesting to hear what you find out. I have found their cigars are lower end, along the lines of Gurkha, Villager, & Victor Sinclair.  But maybe the on-site stuff is better.
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

StogieDad

QuoteCfickter - 1/3/2020  8:19 AM

It will be interesting to hear what you find out. I have found their cigars are lower end, along the lines of Gurkha, Villager, & Victor Sinclair.  But maybe the on-site stuff is better.

That's what I have heard.  I haven't smoked a Graycliff since I started out buying samplers and stuff of CI 15 years ago.  But I had always heard the factory stuff was good.  We are gonna see.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

junglepete

Hmm. It seems odd that they would have a great product on site but not produce it like any other cigar they have. Are they just saving them for the tourists? Maybe it adds to the mystique....I should go back and read the links posted before being skeptical  :biggrin:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

junglepete

OKay..I read some reviews from trip adviser. Did not find anything about cigars that are better than their regular stuff. Everyone liked the free tour, I would no matter what kind of cigars were being produced. Here is one review that seems fair:

"A good side trip
Being familiar with Graycliff cigars I wanted to see where they were rolled. We walked here from the cruise ship terminal. It was a little further than it looked on the map but not too bad. It was hard to find and looked deserted when we arrived (we were not part of a tour group). The cigar shop is rustic and charming and the man we met led us into the rolling room. There were two people rolling cigars that morning. I wouldn't really call it a factory. The selection of even their own cigars was limited and they are pricey. I bought two mostly as a souvenir for myself and a friend @ $18 each for a double corona (I think). They only had a good supply of churchills that they were pushing. No rubustos or anything small. The cigars themselves were unremarkable and not worth the money. The hotel and grounds are pretty nice and really old. Restaurant reviews are generally really good but the hotel reviews not so much."
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.