New year, new goals, new resolutions

Started by Kid Montana, 01/03/2020 05:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kid Montana

Hey folks, as the New Years Day week (???) winds to a close, lets talk resolutions.   I'll post mine, you post yours, maybe we can hold each other accountable.

My first resolution: to smoke many many cigars in 2020
My second resolution: to drink Scottish, Irish, Canadian, American, and Japanese whiskeys while I'm smoking cigars
My second resolution part b: to also drink some good gin while I smoke cigars
My third resolution: post strictly insightful, quality, relevant content on my way to Guru status (probably gonna fail this one but whatevs)  

how about you?

I'd rather have a cigar...

McBryde

Sooooo, the "Guru of insightful, quality, and relevant content"?

My first resolution is to be more active this year than last year on CG.
My second one is to loose some weight, because I am a fat ass.

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

DonM

My new goal is no surgeries in the next 12 months, 3 major surgeries in the last 18 months is a bit much

And smoking a bunch of good cigars is a given :shades:

"The Curmudgeon"

sweatsock

My goals are to balance purchases with consumption and cull the stash of less favorite cigars by smoking them.

2017 was a tough year for me 3 hospital stays, 2 surgeries and a dozen trips to the ER. I'm in generally good health but s**t happens.

sweatsock

My goals are to balance purchases with consumption and cull the stash of less favorite cigars by smoking them.

2017 was a tough year for me 3 hospital stays, 2 surgeries and a dozen trips to the ER. I'm in generally good health but s**t happens.

Kid Montana

Quotesweatsock - 1/5/2020  12:02 PM

Here's to an extended absence from the hospital, and I hope you review some of that stash as you smoke them.

I'd rather have a cigar...

DonM

Quotesweatsock - 1/5/2020  6:02 PM

I got Trumped by a sweatsock..........I hope your 2020 is hospital free

"The Curmudgeon"

sweatsock

What happened to me was really weird. I had  vertigo and dizziness for the first time. I wasn't getting adequate answers from my doctor so I had diagnostic tests done. I had an MRI and am pretty sure that is where I got a staph infection in my spine. I spent 4 days in the hospital getting IV antibiotics and was sent homee with a do it yourself IV kit. A few days later I developed neurological damage in my spine and was readmitted, had spinal surgery to clean out the joints so the antibiotics could get to the infection. I was sent home with another do it yourself iV and was on antibiotics for about 7 months. I needed to use a urinary catheter and they frequently get plugged leading to multiple ER visits. I finally had major prostate surgery and set some kind of record being discharged after one day. Despite a lot of misery there were benefits. I've had a bad back for a long time and had too many places that needed to be opened to have surgery performed. With the infection there was no choice so I got one side of my back fixed. Typically, prostate issues develop when a person gets older and the surgery dealt with them. I'll be 75 in April and the last 3 nights I didn't have to get up which is a big plus. The neurological  damage has resolved. My previous ER visit was 50 years earlier to get stitched up from a PE injury.        .  

Beegerply

I going to make more time to ride my motorcycle, continue to lose weight. I already smoke a lot of cigars IMO so I don't have to worry about that.  :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

BewareDaPenguin

Lose weight and smoke more cigars seems to be popular so I'll go with that lol :biggrin:
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

Cfickter

my plans are mostly to prep for my retirement in Jan 2021, we will also be shutting down my wife's business so she can also retire.
Smoking plenty of cigars is also certainly high on the list, dabble in some scotch
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

nirab

QuoteCfickter - 1/6/2020  1:59 PM

my plans are mostly to prep for my retirement in Jan 2021, we will also be shutting down my wife's business so she can also retire.
Smoking plenty of cigars is also certainly high on the list, dabble in some scotch

I expect a retirement visit or more to Beuudaful Buda, Texas when you hang em up!!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Cfickter

Quotenirab - 1/6/2020  2:54 PM  
QuoteCfickter - 1/6/2020  1:59 PM  my plans are mostly to prep for my retirement in Jan 2021, we will also be shutting down my wife's business so she can also retire. Smoking plenty of cigars is also certainly high on the list, dabble in some scotch
I expect a retirement visit or more to Beuudaful Buda, Texas when you hang em up!!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:

you can count on it

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

nirab

I'm not much for resolutions or goals per se, but, I practice being mindful of my actions on a hourly and daily basis. Continuing my practice of mindfulness on my physical, mental, spiritual and emotional well being. Continued success to all y'all!!... you are worth it!!  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :angel:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

05Venturer

After a poor 2019 I am on the upswing and working towards getting healthier and losing weight. I actually started on a mostly plant based eating plan just before Thanksgiving and am finding it much easier than anticipated.
Here is a pic of my new dinner instead of the old frozen pizza and beer for dinner.
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

DonM

Quote05Venturer - 1/6/2020  9:01 PM

After a poor 2019 I am on the upswing and working towards getting healthier and losing weight. I actually started on a mostly plant based eating plan just before Thanksgiving and am finding it much easier than anticipated.
Here is a pic of my new dinner instead of the old frozen pizza and beer for dinner.

Looking good Kent!  My fat ass needs to do the same thing

"The Curmudgeon"

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.