March Member Sponsored Geek Critique

Started by Brlesq, 01/04/2020 10:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brlesq

This Geek Critique has been generously sponsored by StogieDad (Michael)

The Cigar: HVC Serie A Canones

The Specs:
Wrapper: Nicaraguan Corojo
Binder: Nicaragua  
Filler: Nicaragua  
Country of Origin: Nicaragua
Strength: Full
Size: 5.5" x 54

Due Date: February 24, 2020

The Hype:
At the 2019 IPCPR Trade Show, HVC announced a new offering known as Serie A. The "A" refers to the grade of tobacco used in the cigar, in this case sourced from AGANORSA's Nicaraguan farms. The blend features a Corojo 99 wrapper around Nicaraguan binder and filler. The regular production of this cigar is offered in two vitolas, the 5 5/8 x 46 Perlas and the 5 ½ x 54 Cañones. Touted as a full-bodied smoke, they are packed in plain boxes of ten with a simple band, proving high-end blends don't necessarily have to come with all of the fluff and flash.

Shipping: US addresses only [plus one in Canada if the recipients accepts responsibility for import duties]

The Reviewers:
We're looking for the following volunteers initially: Three (3) of Extreme Veteran status (300 Posts & 90 Days) or higher, and two (2) Regular status (50 Posts & 30 Days) or higher, that are not scheduled to do a Geek Critique review in December, January or February. If you are interested, please indicate so in the forum below and StogieDad will select the reviewers from the volunteers.

1. bstessl
2. benchjockey
3. junglepete
4. Kman
5. DonM

Note: A reviewer who posts their review late will receive neutral feedback. A reviewer who does not post at all will receive negative feedback. There are always exceptions to the rule and a reasonable excuse for tardiness or a no show will be respected and thus not counted against the reviewer. Our sponsoring members and our administrators make the choice of who is to participate in any particular Geek Critique and can be better informed of their choices with this initiative in place.

Thanks again to StogieDad for providing the cigar. And thank you to the reviewers.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

bstessl

Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

StogieDad

Thanks Bruce.  We got Brian, who else wants in?
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

benchjockey

You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

junglepete

I've not tried this brand before and will volunteer if chosen.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Kman

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

DonM

I would be interested in doing this review as well

"The Curmudgeon"

Brlesq

StogieDad just informed me that this is "a go" with the volunteers above, and that he will get the cigars out in a week or so to give you time to rest them a bit.

Thanks again Michael for sponsoring this!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

DonM

Sweet!  Looking forward to the review

"The Curmudgeon"

benchjockey

As someone who has smoked a lot of the HVC blends, I am looking forward to sampling one that is new to me.

junglepete

Thanks for the inclusion Michael, looking forward to smoking your choice.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Kman

Thanks for sponsoring this Michael!! Looking forward to it.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

StogieDad

Got these packed up today and dropped in the box this afternoon.  Should give you plenty of time to rest them a bit.  Let me know if you guys need anything!

Barry - 9405503699300235760754
Don - 9405503699300235760761
Pete - 9405503699300235760785
Brian - 9405503699300235760808
Kerry - 9405503699300235760815
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

benchjockey

Anxiously looking forward to critiquing this HVC blend.
Your sponsorship is much appreciated, Michael.

junglepete

Guru of Frugality

DonM

Thanks for the heads up Michael, looking forward to doing the review!

"The Curmudgeon"

benchjockey

Package arrived safely. Thanks for the traveling companions. Looking forward to smoking the HVC.

DonM

Mine came yesterday as well.  Thanks for the hitchhikers!

"The Curmudgeon"

junglepete

My packaged arrived according to usps tracking and because I'm not at home the neighbor retrieved the package which I will pick up tomorrow. Thanks Michael.
Guru of Frugality

bstessl

Received, thanks for the bodyguards!
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

StogieDad

Kerry's shows delivered as well, so it looks like we are all in hand and ready to go.  Remember the due date is Feb. 24th which is exactly 4 weeks from today.  Happy smoking gents and I hope you enjoy.
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

Brlesq

Thanks for getting these out leaving plenty of time to review, Michael.   :bigthumbs:

Bruce
Chief Enabler 

junglepete

Retrieved my package from the neighbors. Thanks for the tag-alongs Michael!
Guru of Frugality

StogieDad

Just a reminder guys, two weeks from yesterday for the deadline.  Still got time, just wanted to drop a little reminder.
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

DonM

It is on my schedule for this weekend

:bigthumbs:

"The Curmudgeon"

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.