And the madness reaches new heights

Started by ntanner, 01/09/2020 10:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ntanner

So if this Chicago mayor gets this passed maybe I can use the precedent to get cigar smoking allowed in the headshops here in Oregon.
https://halfwheel.com/chicago-mayor-proposes-allowing-marijuana-smoking-in-cigar-shops/370681/ :biggrin:
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Cfickter

interesting, but it sounds like the regulations would really limit possible sites.  If I was a B&M I would not want to mix the two and from the sounds of it the license is only for consumption and not sales, so no possibility of generating revenue, other than the $100 bags of Doritos!
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

headfirst

Man I'd be pissed if someone lit a joint while I'm trying to enjoy the aromas of cigars.
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

StogieDad

Quoteheadfirst - 1/9/2020  3:17 PM

Man I'd be pissed if someone lit a joint while I'm trying to enjoy the aromas of cigars.

X2

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

sweatsock

Quotentanner - 1/9/2020  10:08 AM

So if this Chicago mayor gets this passed maybe I can use the precedent to get cigar smoking allowed in the headshops here in Oregon.
https://halfwheel.com/chicago-mayor-proposes-allowing-marijuana-smoking-in-cigar-shops/370681/ :biggrin:

Before there were laws restricting smoking, very few people beside cigar smokers wanted to be around cigar smoke. Aren't there cigar stores with smoking lounges in Oregon? I found some on Yelp. I don't go to herfs but have played in some home poker games where pot and cigars coexist.
I don't smoke pot but the opportunity to play cards and smoke cigars is appreciated.

ntanner

Quotesweatsock - 1/9/2020  3:42 PM

Quotentanner - 1/9/2020  10:08 AM

Before there were laws restricting smoking, very few people beside cigar smokers wanted to be around cigar smoke. Aren't there cigar stores with smoking lounges in Oregon? I found some on Yelp. I don't go to herfs but have played in some home poker games where pot and cigars coexist.
I don't smoke pot but the opportunity to play cards and smoke cigars is appreciated.

Yes there are lounges in the larger cities but I am in a more rural area and the pot stores are much more abundant here then the cigar shops. Only about 15 miles to buy dope but got to push 60 or so to find a cigar shop.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Cfickter

In the end this really has nothing to do with cigars vs pot smoking from the mayor's point of view.  It is all about raising revenue while keeping it out of his neighborhood.
I would think most serious lounges would not opt for the license.
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

ntanner

I'm sure you're right Chuck. Doesn't make sense buisness wise for several reasons. Just found the whole thing a bit humorous.

Beegerply

Are only lounge in my town is trying to get a license for a smoking weed permit. At this time I don't go there because of so many reason to mention. The lounge is already is going out off business due to other reason.     :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

BewareDaPenguin

QuoteBeegerply - 1/10/2020  1:22 PM

Are only lounge in my town is trying to get a license for a smoking weed permit. At this time I don't go there because of so many reason to mention. The lounge is already is going out off business due to other reason.     :biggrin:

Really?? I'd like to hear one of them reasons!! :biggrin:  :confused:
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

Brlesq

QuoteStogieDad - 1/9/2020  3:46 PM

X2

x3
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Beegerply

QuoteBrlesq - 1/10/2020  4:06 PM

X2

x3

Lets start out with no inventory, moldy cigars, and the "IT" that runs it is a bad business owner,   :biggrin: I'm trying to be nice guys  :confused:  :biggrin:
Byron

Beegerply

QuoteBewareDaPenguin - 1/10/2020  3:11 PM

Lets start out with no inventory, moldy cigars, and the "IT" that runs it is a bad business owner,  I'm trying to be nice guys  

Edited by Beegerply 1/10/2020 6:06 PM

-----
Byron

Byron

BewareDaPenguin

QuoteBeegerply - 1/10/2020  6:08 PM

QuoteBewareDaPenguin - 1/10/2020  3:11 PM

Lets start out with no inventory, moldy cigars, and the "IT" that runs it is a bad business owner,  I'm trying to be nice guys  

Edited by Beegerply 1/10/2020 6:06 PM

-----
Byron

Yeah I guess those are some pretty valid points then OK :biggrin:
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

ntanner

QuoteBrlesq - 1/10/2020  11:06 AM

X2

x3
This is my issue with it too. Nothing like the smell of a joint to ruin the aromatics of a good cigar.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.