Cigar clubs

Started by tuck0411, 01/12/2020 01:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tuck0411

I have no experience with these, but decided to sign up for a couple after seeing this video..
https://youtu.be/KRpTfVbUUfc

Anyone have any experience with the mentioned clubs?  I'll post mine after I see what they send me...   :cigarguy:
Todd

"Those sticks won't smoke themselves..." -- OZZ

Cfickter

Well the video is right about one thing,  there are lots of choices when it comes to cigar clubs. When it comes to the Privada Cigar Club, eh!
I am not as impressed with the packaging as the reviewer seemed to be.  Looked more like CI packing than anything else.  I do not know much about the Montenegro line but when I look it up there isn't much out there.  They sell on line thru one store, singles are priced from $100 to $7!  

But when I was looking for a club here are three points I used to assess it.
1. The website.  Does it show what has been sent out over the previous months? (Cigar Federation does this very nicely) That tells me they are proud of what they send and they want to you to know the quality of the selection.  Also and perhaps more importantly I can see what they sent.  Is it in my preferences?  Are they cigars I feel are worth the price?

2. Do people I know subscribe to it?  What is their opinion?

3. Don't trust on-line reviews.  In this case not sure the reviewer knows all that much about cigars.  Has tons of videos posted, but doesn't really mean that much
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

nickthafish

Small Batch is one of the best for sure and very respected on various forums. To me that means real customers and cigar smokers choosing to use their money on a product. They have different price levels and sent quality stuff and new releases. I believe there are only certain times openings are available and usually fill up.

bstessl

Stogiebird is a good one with 2/5/8 cigar options.  Plus, if you use the code HERFCAST you get $5 off your first order!

www.stogiebird.com
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

BewareDaPenguin

Quotenickthafish - 1/13/2020  12:49 PM

Small Batch is one of the best for sure and very respected on various forums. To me that means real customers and cigar smokers choosing to use their money on a product. They have different price levels and sent quality stuff and new releases. I believe there are only certain times openings are available and usually fill up.

Yes heard good things about this club well but never joined...
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

ninfiction

I have been "subscribed" to Small Batch's $50 cigar of the month club since it's inception, 3 years maybe? Every month has had retail value over $50. Sometimes you get 5-6 cigars, sometimes you get 2 very expensive cigars.

I would say 95% of the cigars are "boutique", sometimes limited, often new releases. Lots of Davidoff.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Cfickter

Quotebstessl - 1/13/2020  10:54 AM  Stogiebird is a good one with 2/5/8 cigar options.  Plus, if you use the code HERFCAST you get $5 off your first order!   www.stogiebird.com

Agree, it is one I subscribe to

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

tuck0411

Thanks for the suggestions.  I'll go with Privada and Cigar Authority for the time being and see how it goes.  Will post here whatever they send me for general comment, snickers, hails of derisive laughter, etc...   :smoker2:
Todd

ninfiction

Quotetuck0411 - 1/13/2020  5:19 PM

Thanks for the suggestions.  I'll go with Privada and Cigar Authority for the time being and see how it goes.  Will post here whatever they send me for general comment, snickers, hails of derisive laughter, etc...   :smoker2:

Just remember, the only thing that matters is that you're happy and get some stuff you enjoy smoking.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

tuck0411

Quoteninfiction - 1/13/2020  8:44 PM

Quotetuck0411 - 1/13/2020  5:19 PM

Just remember, the only thing that matters is that you're happy and get some stuff you enjoy smoking.

Thanks, Brian.  I probably won't wait to smoke the initial batch until they're the oldest sticks I own, as is my usual SOP.  I suspect they'll all get smoked up the first weekend after they arrive just so I can see whether I'm getting my money's worth.  Stay tuned...   :cigarman:
Todd

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.