JR - AJF Montecristo $2 a cigar

Started by sweatsock, 01/19/2020 11:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweatsock

https://www.jrcigars.com/item/montecristo-crafted-by-aj-fernandez/figurado/MXCAJFI5.html#start=1

I've smoked a bunch of these in a larger size. $10 a 5 pack and then an additional 30% off. What was particularly weird was they stacked the veteran's discount with the 30%. I bought 10 and with JR+ paid $63 + tax for 50 cigars.  This deal may not last long. I think it was a JR  mistake and I take advantage of those.

arrow34

Nice! I can use a smaller stick for the winter. In for 20, not bad for$38  shipped. Thanks!

Took me a minute use code "smile" for 40% off (I didn't see it at first)

tuck0411

No reviews of any vitola from this blend in the DB yet...  but it's an AJ, so gotta be good.  15 sticks for $29.31 shipped, thanks for the tip!   :smoker2:
Todd

"Those sticks won't smoke themselves..." -- OZZ

junglepete

23.89 shipping and taxes included for 10 AJ blends I have not tried yet, I'm game, thanks.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

benchjockey

I swore no more purchases for at least three weeks. But 10 AJs for $23.99 including shipping broke me down. I don’t know whether to thank or curse you guys. Easy one: Thanks.
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

arrow34

Quotebenchjockey - 1/20/2020  8:18 PM

I swore no more purchases for at least three weeks. But 10 AJs for $23.99 including shipping broke me down. I don't know whether to thank or curse you guys. Easy one: Thanks.

I keep saying that... every week when I order a cigar deal i cant pass up.... LOL!   On another note, my sticks shipped!

sweatsock

Mine haven't. I have a real love/hate relationship with JR. I've made a lot of complaints to them over the years.  They do have some fantastic deals, bad inventory control, website issues and frequently bad customer service, but I buy on price. I buy on opportunity not need so when an order is not completed I just wait for the next opportunity. Even though I ordered early sometimes the cigars will be out of stock by the time my order is processed. Cigars are also shipped and no shipping notification is created. Order is pulled but label is not scanned

benchjockey

Quotesweatsock - 1/21/2020  3:49 PM  Mine haven't. I have a real love/hate relationship with JR. I've made a lot of complaints to them over the years.  They do have some fantastic deals, bad inventory control, website issues and frequently bad customer service, but I buy on price. I buy on opportunity not need so when an order is not completed I just wait for the next opportunity. Even though I ordered early sometimes the cigars will be out of stock by the time my order is processed. Cigars are also shipped and no shipping notification is created. Order is pulled but label is not scanned

I agree. That’s why I only order from JR when the offer is hard to turn down.

sweatsock

As an example of how screwed up JR software is, using this link the price for a 5 pack is $50.

https://www.jrcigars.com/item/montecristo-crafted-by-aj-fernandez/figurado/MXCAJFI.html#lang=en_US&recommendedRule=best-matches&q=montecristo%2Bcrafted&jrSubmitButton=&start=1

Using this link from express orders the price is $10. I ordered one just to make sure.

https://www.jrcigars.com/item/montecristo-crafted-by-aj-fernandez/figurado/MXCAJFI5.html

Never mind the 5 pack shows up at the $10 price and the other link is for a 10 pack. This is good news for anyone that still wants these at $10 with 30% off.

benchjockey

Quotesweatsock - 1/21/2020  3:49 PM  Mine haven't. I have a real love/hate relationship with JR. I've made a lot of complaints to them over the years.  They do have some fantastic deals, bad inventory control, website issues and frequently bad customer service, but I buy on price. I buy on opportunity not need so when an order is not completed I just wait for the next opportunity. Even though I ordered early sometimes the cigars will be out of stock by the time my order is processed. Cigars are also shipped and no shipping notification is created. Order is pulled but label is not scanned

I sent back their performance survey giving them low grades and describing my problems with them. It won’t make a difference but I feel better now.

StogieDad

They must have sold as much as they wanted, back up to $50 for the fiver now.  That was a screaming deal though!
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

arrow34

QuoteStogieDad - 1/22/2020  8:46 AM

They must have sold as much as they wanted, back up to $50 for the fiver now.  That was a screaming deal though!

Yeah I saw that too.  There was a also a crazy price mistake for the 20 JR Esteli Reserva suppose to be $20.60 but it's ringing up $0.60 if you add more than 1 it will credit the sales tax to -$20 and not let you check out.  They were not for me, but someone posted the deal on slickdeals.  Annoying when people in that forum post, smoking is bad for you or something similar... sigh.  I guess adults cant be adults.

I called one out and got called a boomer.  I guess that is an insult now(i have heard it before, but dont understand how it can be)

tfkirk

Quotesweatsock - 1/21/2020  12:49 PM

Mine haven't. I have a real love/hate relationship with JR. I've made a lot of complaints to them over the years.  They do have some fantastic deals, bad inventory control, website issues and frequently bad customer service, but I buy on price. I buy on opportunity not need so when an order is not completed I just wait for the next opportunity. Even though I ordered early sometimes the cigars will be out of stock by the time my order is processed. Cigars are also shipped and no shipping notification is created. Order is pulled but label is not scanned

Myself and headfirst just did a 2 box split with the 40% off they just ran and what a cluster f@$k. Never sent anything stating that 1 item was out of stock so I called Customer Service they said so I told them to hold the order and they would still give me the 40% off on another item. Spoke to Gary about another item. Called back the next day and they sent out the package again with no email stating they sent the package, long story short they must have found the out of stock item because it was shipped with the item they said they sent without the out of stock item. I do believe Gary thinks Pennsylvania has become the next state to legalize marijuana.

P.S. Gary the package is suppose to be delivered today, fingers crossed that everything is in the box. I'll keep you posted.
Kirk

RIP BIG KIRK, LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU, SEE YOU ON THE OTHER SIDE

arrow34

My 20 just arrived. Nice size... Now I wish I would have bought more...

tuck0411

Mine are probably at the P.O. and I'll find out tomorrow when I go pick up a box from C-bid, but the tracking number they sent me doesn't exist with USPS.   :rolleyes:

Todd

"Those sticks won't smoke themselves..." -- OZZ

headfirst

Quotetfkirk - 1/22/2020  9:48 AM

Myself and headfirst just did a 2 box split with the 40% off they just ran and what a cluster f@$k. Never sent anything stating that 1 item was out of stock so I called Customer Service they said so I told them to hold the order and they would still give me the 40% off on another item. Spoke to Gary about another item. Called back the next day and they sent out the package again with no email stating they sent the package, long story short they must have found the out of stock item because it was shipped with the item they said they sent without the out of stock item. I do believe Gary thinks Pennsylvania has become the next state to legalize marijuana.

P.S. Gary the package is suppose to be delivered today, fingers crossed that everything is in the box. I'll keep you posted.

Let me know when your town has a department of cannabis regulation.  Then you're on your way to being just like the looney left coast.  Not joking, LA has a department for that :rolleyes:
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

arrow34

Quoteheadfirst - 1/22/2020  9:52 PM

Quotetfkirk - 1/22/2020  9:48 AM

Let me know when your town has a department of cannabis regulation.  Then you're on your way to being just like the looney left coast.  Not joking, LA has a department for that :rolleyes:

I thought you were joking.... Nope.

https://cannabis.ca.gov/cannabis-regulations/

sweatsock

I have shipping notifications on both orders; the Monday order was shipped UPS and will arrive this coming Tuesday. The Tuesday order was shipped USPS and is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. JR use to ship to CA priority mail, but I don't mind 7 days of truck aging because I don't have any more humidified storage.

junglepete

My 10 arrived yesterday but there was only one 5 pk. in the box. This morning my wife reminded me to call them and let them know. I did and they are putting another 5pk in the mail. Then the GIANT sale hit this forum and my head has been spinning since, in a good way!!  :biggrin:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.