April Member Sponsored Geek Critique

Started by Brlesq, 02/01/2020 10:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brlesq

This Geek Critique has been generously sponsored by nirab (Brian)

The Cigar: Plasencia Alma del Fuego Flama

The Specs:
Wrapper: Nicaraguan Sungrown
Binder: Nicaragua
Filler: Nicaragua
Country of Origin: Nicaragua
Strength: Medium-Full
Size: 6.5" x 38

Due Date: March 25, 2020

The Hype:
The Plasencia Alma Del Fuego blend represents Plasencia's most profound expression of Ometepe to date. This blend is the third installment in the five-part Alma series.  Ometepe is a volcanic island in Lake Nicaragua where the ultra-rich soil produces very distinct and flavorful tobacco. Most of the tobacco in Alma del Fuego is from Ometepe, and Plasencia has aged these sun-grown tobaccos for seven years, longer than he has treated Ometepe leaf in the past, which brings out the tobaccos true flavor profile. The wrapper is from the Jalapa region of Nicaragua, one of the two binders are from Ometepe, as well as half the filler. All the tobacco was grown by Plasencia family in Nicaragua the cigars are expertly rolled and box-pressed. The body is medium-full and full in flavor.

Shipping: Continental US addresses only

The Reviewers:
If you are interested in being a reviewer, please indicate so in the forum below and Brian will randomly select the five (5) reviewers from the volunteers on or about February 17 and ship out that week.
1. NTanner
2. Beegerply
3. 05Venturer
4. Murphy223
5. StogieDad

Note: A reviewer who posts their review late will receive neutral feedback. A reviewer who does not post at all will receive negative feedback. There are always exceptions to the rule and a reasonable excuse for tardiness or a no show will be respected and thus not counted against the reviewer. Our sponsoring members and our administrators make the choice of who is to participate in any particular Geek Critique and can be better informed of their choices with this initiative in place.

Thanks again to nirab for providing the cigar. And thank you to the reviewers.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

StogieDad

I would like to be in on this one if possible!
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

ntanner

I did the February one but if for some strange reason you have trouble filing the roster I would be happy to volunteer my service.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Beegerply

My hats into play if you so choose to have me.  :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

nirab

Also, one of the five reviewers will be receiving a Plasencia ashtray...who will it be???
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

BewareDaPenguin

Nobody wants in on a NIC Puro???? :?: I mean I just did one but if you are hard up for geeks I'm in :smoker:
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

Cfickter

This is an excellent choice, don't miss out jumping on this opportunity.  Unfortunately I just did Jan.
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Brlesq

Bruce
Chief Enabler 

05Venturer

Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Brlesq

I've been interested in trying one of these, so I'll throw my name in the hat for the random drawing as well.  

:goodluck:
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

The Burn Ward

Pardon my absence, I'd like to give this one a shot.

BewareDaPenguin

QuoteThe Burn Ward - 2/7/2020  6:35 PM

Who's this guy  :biggrin:

Brlesq

QuoteThe Burn Ward - 2/7/2020  4:35 PM

You were absent??  :confused:  :?:

:biggrin:

Bruce
Chief Enabler 

nirab

QuoteThe Burn Ward - 2/7/2020  5:35 PM

Is that what the kids call this nowadays??  :biggrin:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

Murphy223

Not sure if this got filled but I'm interested

nirab

Howdy y'all! I will be putting all the names in the hat either Monday or Tuesday, so if ya want a chance to get in on this, toss yer name in the hat!!  :biggrin:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

The Burn Ward

QuoteBewareDaPenguin - 2/7/2020  4:40 PM

QuoteThe Burn Ward - 2/7/2020  6:35 PM

Who's this guy  :biggrin:

I'm a man, I smoke cigars :smoker:  how have you been?

The Burn Ward

QuoteBrlesq - 2/7/2020  5:15 PM

QuoteThe Burn Ward - 2/7/2020  4:35 PM

You were absent??  :confused:  :?:

:biggrin:

Temporary leave. The enabling here is strong.

nirab

Names in the hat tonight...any last minute stragglers best hurry up!!  :biggrin:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

arrow34

Fiiine. Throw my name into the hat plz :)

nirab

Ok...here are the 5 geeks whose numbers matched those generated by a Google operated random number picker thingy...yea, I am not much of a tech person, but I figured out how to do this!!

NTanner
Beegerply
05Venturer
Murphy223
StogieDad

And, the winner of the Plasencia ashtray is...Murphy223

Make sure your address is updated in your profile. If it is not, please pm your address to me. These will go out by the end of the week...

Thanks y'all!!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

Murphy223

Quotenirab - 2/17/2020  9:41 PM  Ok...here are the 5 geeks whose numbers matched those generated by a Google operated random number picker thingy...yea, I am not much of a tech person, but I figured out how to do this!!   NTanner Beegerply 05Venturer Murphy223 StogieDad  And, the winner of the Plasencia ashtray is...Murphy223  Make sure your address is updated in your profile. If it is not, please pm your address to me. These will go out by the end of the week...  Thanks y'all!! /QUOTE]

WOOT WOOT!   Address is accurate.  Thanks!!   :biggrin: :bigthumbs:[

Beegerply

Looking forward to this one, and yes my address is the same :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

The Burn Ward

Quotenirab - 2/17/2020  9:41 PM

Ok...here are the 5 geeks whose numbers matched those generated by a Google operated random number picker thingy...yea, I am not much of a tech person, but I figured out how to do this!!

NTanner
Beegerply
05Venturer
Murphy223
StogieDad

Make sure your address is updated in your profile. If it is not, please pm your address to me. These will go out by the end of the week...

There was an ashtray on the line?! Lol congrats Murph!

BewareDaPenguin

QuoteThe Burn Ward - 2/18/2020  10:44 AM

Quotenirab - 2/17/2020  9:41 PM

NTanner
Beegerply
05Venturer
Murphy223
StogieDad

There was an ashtray on the line?! Lol congrats Murph!

I know you were probably looking to update your profile pic :biggrin: maybe next time bro!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.