CigarGeeks Fantasy Baseball 2020 - 7th Annual

Started by StogieDad, 02/25/2020 10:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StogieDad

Kerry holds the crown this year, who is gonna take it???

Same rules as last year, you send 11 sticks, 10 for the overall winner and 1 Super Premium that the leader at the All-Star Game gets.

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=53215.0

This was last year's thread. Lot's of great smokes to be had.

LEAGUE CHAMP HISTORY

2019 - Kman
2018 - StogieDad
2017 - ninfiction
2016 - Caveman Steve
2015 - Caveman Steve
2014 - nkowal

Here are last years players, I have confirmed in the ones who requested from the other thread, if you don't show confirmed please reach out.  I will consider new players if either someone bows out this year or extras in pairs to keep the number even.  IF YOU WERE IN LAST YEAR PLEASE CONFIRM YOU HAVE ACCESS TO THE LEAGUE NOW, IT SHOULD BE ACTIVE.

johncw - IN
ninfiction - IN
cfickter - IN
05venturer - IN
deener27 - IN
kman - IN
Kid Montana - IN
Caveman Steve - IN
nirab - IN
StogieDad - IN

Prize packs went well last year, everyone paid.  Please try and get them sooner than later so we can get All-Star out on time if possible.  I will schedule the draft once we have final number of players.

Thanks and looking forward to a great season.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Cfickter

Thanks for setting this up again. Looking forward to another season
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Kid Montana

All right!  Excited for the season!  Are we not doing the dog rockets for the last place finisher?

I'd rather have a cigar...

nirab

Ready to go!!! ...we need dog rockets for the last place geek!!  :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

ninfiction

I am able to log into my team.

And I will win.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Cfickter

Confirm access
After a disappointing 9 & 12 campaign in 2019 I am looking forward to redeeming year.
If fate has a hand ir might be good
Losing seasons 2015, 2017, 2019
Wining seasons 2014, 2016, 2018
Overall record thru 6 seasons 64 - 57 .529

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

05Venturer

Count me in again.
Will check the league page when I get back from vacation
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

johncw

Deener27

In.  Looking forward to it.

ESPN site looks good to me.

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

Cfickter

I see Steve has not been on since late November, hope all is OK

StogieDad

QuoteCfickter - 2/27/2020  3:01 PM

I see Steve has not been on since late November, hope all is OK

He was late hopping in last year.  I will send him and email so maybe he will see that.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Caveman Steve

Still alive.  
All Good
I'll play again!  Looking forward to it
"yesterday I did nothing, and today I'm finishing what I did yesterday"

StogieDad

-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

Cfickter

StogieDad

I scheduled the draft for the 15th, autopick.  If anyone can't get their stuff done and has a problem let me know, but otherwise that will give everyone time to set rosters and maybe work some trades around.  Looking forward to it!
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

nirab

When will the draft order be available?

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

Cfickter

Quotenirab - 3/2/2020  5:28 PMWhen will the draft order be available?
According to the site - Randomized One Hour Prior to Draft Time

nirab

QuoteCfickter - 3/3/2020  9:20 AM

Quotenirab - 3/2/2020  5:28 PMWhen will the draft order be available?
According to the site - Randomized One Hour Prior to Draft Time

Thanks Chuck!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

Cfickter

ability to prioritize your player draft rankings is now available

StogieDad

-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

Cfickter

QuoteStogieDad - 3/7/2020  5:36 PM  Thanks Chuck!

Not that it helps me in anyway

Kman

Are we still doing the draft on Sunday? Would seem to make more sense to wait until we see what happens with the rest of spring training first. Injured players are getting more time to heal, etc... Thoughts?
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

Kid Montana

I agree with Kerry.  I don't think the draft should take place a scheduled.  I think if we push it to at least the end of the month and re evaluate a week prior.

I'd rather have a cigar...

Deener27

Postpone the draft until we know what the schedule looks like and then schedule it for a week before.  That my thought.

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

StogieDad

I have pushed the draft until the 31st and can reevaluate as we know more.  If they stick with a 2 week delay then this should be enough time to still make any adjustments.  If they extend the delay I can push it further if necessary.
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.