First forum post in a long time.

Started by ljlemer, 02/25/2020 07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ljlemer

My social skills need improvement. I'm not much of a talker. On the occasion of my 1500th cigar review I thought I'd say hello (and boast). I'm an old-timer here, but I spent the last few years mostly away and seldom smoking. Lately my consumption has increased to the point that I've smoked and reviewed 2 cigars today.  I used to be a moderator here but I lost the enjoyment in smoking. It started tasting bad and bitter. I suspect it had something to do with my liver.  After being cured of Hep C that I had had for 40 years or so,  my smoking experience gradually improved.

I got hooked on winning points here. Since I joined a decade or so ago, every cigar I smoked, with rare exceptions, was a new one. I only bought singles. No boxes. That made it easier for me review 1500 different cigars. I ordered more today.

I said I'm an oldtimer.  It was my 69th birthday last week. Does anyone remember me or has anyone used a cigar review of mine to help decide what new cigar to buy?
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

Brlesq

Hi, Larry.  Good to see you post. Glad to hear that your health has improved. You were a fixture here when I joined 10 years ago. Nothing like the love of cigars to bring folks together!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

StogieDad

I've read many of your reviews brother.  Good to see you back around.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

junglepete

Welcome back Larry, good to see you back in the saddle and enjoying the leaf once again!
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Beegerply

Well welcome back Larry. Its good to see you back at it. Congrats on your 1500 review that's a lot of smoking. I yes I still look forward to your reviews. Post more and smoke often. :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

Kid Montana

I don't know you, being a relative newcomer, but I do want to see you work the word "gravy" into your reviews more often.

I'd rather have a cigar...

BewareDaPenguin

QuoteBeegerply - 2/26/2020  10:11 AM

Well welcome back Larry. Its good to see you back at it. Congrats on your 1500 review that's a lot of smoking. I yes I still look forward to your reviews. Post more and smoke often. :biggrin:

Absolutely $hit 1500 reviews is pretty freeking amazing! Welcome back!
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

arrow34

Welcome back, newer member also, but appreciate your dedication and contribution! 1500 reviews... Impressive

benchjockey

It's always great to welcome a heavy contributor back on board.
I'm looking forward to reading more of your reviews.
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

appollo

Newer member here,look forward to reading more of your reviews.Welcome back.

headfirst

Definitely seen your name on lots of reviews.  I had to go look at how many I've done...you have like 10 times what I've done, nice work!
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

The Burn Ward

Good to see you back. I remember having contact a few times while I was on a mission inputting cigar pics in the database.

Cigary

I was here in 2009 when this forum had already started....so your ID is very familiar as your  reviews ... we're pretty close in age and it's good to know that your health is better... esp. when cigars can bring pleasure back to your life. Hoping to read many more reviews and posts. 

ntanner

Welcome back. You were still pretty active when I joined. Congrats on 1500 reviews and on the improved health.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

DonM

Welcome back to CG Larry!  Smoke a cigar and stay awhile

"The Curmudgeon"

Adwinistrator

ljlemer

@Kid Montana: I think you mean "tea", not gravy. Tea leaves in hot water produce a tasty drink. Tobacco leaves in warm saliva produces a tasty swallow, cigar tea, which like any other cigar characteristic can be good or bad.

Thomas Mann

Vroomp

Larry Who? :confused:

Welcome back~! :biggrin:  

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

Voexum

Bit of a wall fly myself, but I remember you as well.
Congratulation on 1500 reviews, and with your improved health.
Oh, Happy Belated 69th Birthday Larry!
Christopher "Voexum"
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=Voexum

"A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points but it is by no means the most interesting." - The Doctor

ljlemer

Thanks, everyone, for the warm welcome!

Thomas Mann

klamm143

Alittle before my time - BUT - WELCOME HOME!!!!
Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

Otter

QuoteVroomp - 2/28/2020  10:41 AM

Larry Who? :confused:

Welcome back~! :biggrin:  

:lmao:
R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.