May Member Sponsored Geek Critique

Started by Brlesq, 03/01/2020 11:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brlesq

This Geek Critique has been generously sponsored by 05Venturer (Kent)

The Cigar: Drew Estate Herrera Esteli Norteño Belicoso Fino

The Specs:
Wrapper: Mexico
Binder: Honduras
Filler: Nicaragua
Country of Origin: Nicaragua
Strength: Medium-Full
Size: 5" x 50

Due Date: April 25, 2020

The Hype:

Herrera Esteli Norteño was the first blend released from the Drew Estate factory after Willy Herrera was named Master Blender in June, 2014.  A sequel of sorts to the popular Herrera Esteli cigar, which earned a spot in 2013's Top 25 Cigars of the Year, the "Norteño" showcases extensively aged tobaccos from the Estelí and Jalapa growing regions of Nicaragua, coupled with a spicy Honduran binder and a rich, bold Mexican San Andrés maduro wrapper, offering medium to full body and strength. The band design features the Guardabarranco, the national bird of Nicaragua, the country where the cigar is produced.

Shipping: Continental US addresses only

The Reviewers:  If you are interested in being a reviewer, please indicate so in the forum below and Kent will select the five (5) reviewers from the volunteers.

Chosen Reviewers
1.  Tuck0411
2.  BewareDaPenguin
3.  Ninfiction
4.  Beegerply
5.  benchjockey

Note: A reviewer who posts their review late will receive neutral feedback. A reviewer who does not post at all will receive negative feedback. There are always exceptions to the rule and a reasonable excuse for tardiness or a no show will be respected and thus not counted against the reviewer. Our sponsoring members and our administrators make the choice of who is to participate in any particular Geek Critique and can be better informed of their choices with this initiative in place.

Thanks again to Kent for providing the cigar. And thank you to the reviewers.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

tuck0411

I'd be willing to do this one.  I've got a box of these that have been resting here since the end of November, so no need to send me one.  One caveat - I've previously reviewed this blend in the toro vitola and may be a bit biased, so if reviewers are wanted that haven't tried this blend before, then I should probably step aside.   :cigarguy:
Todd

"Those sticks won't smoke themselves..." -- OZZ

BewareDaPenguin

"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

BewareDaPenguin

ninfiction

Tough time giving away a free cigar....I'll participate.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Brlesq

Bruce
Chief Enabler 

Brlesq

Bumping again since this fell off the front page.  

:bump:

Bruce
Chief Enabler 

Beegerply

I know I'm doing one already for April but if nobody wants in put me on deck for a body if need be.  :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

benchjockey

I just did one but if you need someone I'm game.
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

05Venturer

Pretty Sad when people need to be begged to do a critique anymore :shamebag:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

nirab

Quote05Venturer - 3/13/2020  1:58 PM

it is. I wonder why the participation has decreased on our site. when I joined, it was vibrant and inclusive. nowadays, not so much. the generosity is still here, but the spirit of our site seems to be waning...the question is...now what?  :angel:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

05Venturer

Quotenirab - 3/14/2020  12:32 PM

Quote05Venturer - 3/13/2020  1:58 PM

it is. I wonder why the participation has decreased on our site. when I joined, it was vibrant and inclusive. nowadays, not so much. the generosity is still here, but the spirit of our site seems to be waning...the question is...now what?  :angel:

I remember not all that long ago when we had 2 monthly member sponsored Geek Critiques monthly along with vendor sponsored critiques monthly as well. AND never had any trouble filling them and you were lucky to be chosen.  :cry:
Kent

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

05Venturer

Tuck0411
BewareDaPenguin
Ninfiction
Beegerply
benchjockey

You are in
I will do my best to get these out this week prior to my shoulder surgery while I can still use 2 hands LOL
Kent

Beegerply

Thanks for letting me do this review Kent I look forward to it. Not sure why the decline in participation is down. I remember when I got to do my first GC could hardly wait, this is still my favorite thing to do here.    :biggrin:
Byron

benchjockey

I'm happy to participate. Thanks.
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

BewareDaPenguin

QuoteBeegerply - 3/16/2020  10:11 AM

Thanks for letting me do this review Kent I look forward to it. Not sure why the decline in participation is down. I remember when I got to do my first GC could hardly wait, this is still my favorite thing to do here.    :biggrin:

Agreed good friend. I know people used to "wait" to do a review because you could only do 1-2 a year so some people would wait for a cigar or manufacturer they really liked, but seems that's out the window, I'm also surprised that it's hard to fill these some months? I have always enjoyed reading the geek reviews since they seems to be taken a little more seriously then normal reviews. Again surprised they can be hard to fill.

Thanks again Kent looking forward to doing the review as well :smoker:

05Venturer

Out tomorrow

1. Tuck0411  9405503699300285302027

2. BewareDaPenguin   9405503699300285302041

3. Ninfiction   9405503699300285302034

4. Beegerply   9405503699300285302058

5. benchjockey   9405503699300285302072
Kent

Beegerply

Byron

05Venturer

Quote05Venturer - 3/16/2020  5:43 PM

Out tomorrow

Just checked tracking and all packages should be at their destination by Friday
Kent

BewareDaPenguin

Quote05Venturer - 3/17/2020  1:56 PM

Quote05Venturer - 3/16/2020  5:43 PM

Out tomorrow

Just checked tracking and all packages should be at their destination by Friday

Awesome will keep my eyes out and post up when received! Thanks again! :thumbsup:

ninfiction

Got mine today....I mean we live an hour apart so it's kinda quick.

At first I was wondering why the fck you were sending me cigars, didn't dawn on me until I opened the box. Thanks for the hitchhikers!
This is not the admin you're looking for...

tuck0411

Mine arrived today.  Thanks for the hitchhikers and for letting me play.   :smoker2:
Todd

"Those sticks won't smoke themselves..." -- OZZ

BewareDaPenguin

Got the sticks and the side kicks as well!! Much appreciated! Looking forward to burning it down!! :smoker:

mhuss

I've been honored to be a part of these in the past, and I'd love to get back in it again!  Please keep me in mind in the future!

Mike

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.