10 Monticristo Pepe Mendez Pilotico Toro $40 shipping included

Started by junglepete, 03/16/2020 02:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arrow34

Hmmm not too bad. About 5-7bucks cheaper than cigarpage.

mountedshriner

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

Murphy223

Looks like decent deal. I've never had,  any feedback on them?   Last review here was from 2017  :-)

sweatsock

I bought one due to lockdown depression. Free shipping USPS with no signature surcharge and NO CA SALES TAX. I thought every one was charging sales tax.

mhuss

arrow34

mhuss

Brlesq

Quotemhuss - 3/19/2020  6:45 PM

Yeah.... not sure how that happened..... sorry!

Trying to catch up on 10 years of lost post points.  :biggrin: Good to see you back!

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Murphy223

Ordered on 3/18 - Arrived 3/20  First time using this site and it was Great Service and can't wait to try them. Thx

sweatsock

Mine arrived  yesterday with a thank you note, a $20 discount coupon and a request to email how I found their site. I reference this forum. My plan was to smoke one and If I liked them reorder using the coupon. When I pick a cigar to smoke off the truck, I squeeze the foot because the softest one is usually the least humidified. I lit it and got a bitter taste and a slow burn which I attribute to being wet. I uncelloed another and left it out overnight to dry out. I smoked the second one and it was better. I also put the cigar in my pocket which  was probably not a good idea because the wrappers  are fragile. To consider an immediate reorder, I would need to be extremely satisfied. I put the cigars in a large humidified  box that that I smoke from and will try another in a month.

sweatsock

duplicate post.

nirab

The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

sweatsock

I completed the transaction. I bought a 5 pack of Montecristo Monte toros. Used the coupon, no tax, free shipping and a net cost of $10.

arrow34

I just ordered a few five packs of some cigars taht are harder to find in a five pack format like the Warped Serie Gran Reserva 1988 Robusto and the alec bradley project 40.  Just glad they dont charge tax and the shipping is free.

Just an fyi the Warped Serie Gran Reserva 1988 Robusto is a great cigar, but I got raped on the price in Huntsville at a higher end cigar lounge.. He charged $14 a stick I think it was... I bought it because i was there and wanted to try it... well dont regret it, but for $7.60 a stick from cigarplace... i will run with it, i think it is fair.

arrow34

Cigarplace already shipped my order and heres hoping for a $20 coupon :)

arrow34

And yes a $20 coupon was included and each fiver was packed with a boveda pack. Classy. Thanks Pete for pointing this site out.

junglepete

Quotearrow34 - 3/28/2020  11:29 AM

And yes a $20 coupon was included and each fiver was packed with a boveda pack. Classy. Thanks Pete for pointing this site out.

:bigthumbs:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

tfkirk

Bought 25 for $4.41 per stick (Cigar Page) in Oct 2019 and I totally agree with nirab on the stick.
Kirk

RIP BIG KIRK, LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU, SEE YOU ON THE OTHER SIDE

junglepete

I do hope that anyone who purchased these have better luck with their bundle than I did. If you do then great, and if your experience is the same as mine then I'm sorry for the bum steer.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Murphy223

Sorry to hear about your bundle. I have only had 2 but both were consistent..   No issues whatsoever - good burn & draw and decent 1 hr smoke.

Murphy223

Sorry to hear about your bundle. I have only had 2 but both were consistent..   No issues whatsoever - good burn & draw and decent 1 hr smoke.

arrow34

Quotejunglepete - 4/2/2020  10:07 PM

I do hope that anyone who purchased these have better luck with their bundle than I did. If you do then great, and if your experience is the same as mine then I'm sorry for the bum steer.

Hey Pete, so you had some piloticos burn bad? I had some from prior 10 packs burn a bit funky and had a few tight draws.

sweatsock

I'll end up smoking all if them before they are ready to smoke. They are improving but my wrappers have been very fragile and I guess I prefer a Nicaraguan cigar to a Dominican Nicaraguan  blend.  I used  the coupon to buy a 5 pack of Monte Monte  which is a favorite.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.