Database Pics

Started by mhuss, 03/26/2020 09:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mhuss

Hey guys,

I wanted to start adding some pics of cigars that I'm smoking but don't have pics in the cigar database.  I've noticed they all have the cigar placed on what appears to be a piece of paper with a ruler and the CG logo.  Is there a template you guys have available that I can print, or do I have to make my own that looks similar?  Thanks always for the help!

Mike

Brlesq

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

mhuss

Perfect!  Thank you Bruce!

ninfiction

Mike, Just an additional note. When I printed it out the first time the sizing was messed up, just make sure it's set at 100% and if you can double check with a ruler.

The angles of the pics always make the cigars look longer than they are and if the ruler portion is off they look really screwy.

Let me know if you have any issues...I'm typically the one approving the pics once submitted.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Brlesq

Quoteninfiction - 3/26/2020  6:30 PM

Mike, Just an additional note. When I printed it out the first time the sizing was messed up, just make sure it's set at 100% and if you can double check with a ruler.

The angles of the pics always make the cigars look longer than they are and if the ruler portion is off they look really screwy.

Let me know if you have any issues...I'm typically the one approving the pics once submitted.

We know what kind of pics you approve . . . :drool:

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

ninfiction

Mike, your pics are being submitted sideways. If you're using FastStone or whatever it's called there is a setting in there that you need to unclick. Under Advanced Options - Rotate.

I accepted the 2 you submitted, but for future make sure they are up/down instead of sideways. Thanks!
This is not the admin you're looking for...

mhuss

Yeah, I found that out the first time I printed it off.  It didn't look right, so I did what you mentioned.

Also - I was a little dumb in asking in for the template in the first place.  The file download was right there when I hit "Submit a picture."  So my bad for asking.  I could have just found it there if I had looked for even a brief moment!

Thanks as always for the help!

Mike

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.