Good evening everyone, from Potomac MD

Started by Groover08, 04/27/2020 09:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Groover08

Dear Friends,

I would to introduce myself to this fine forum. I’m an executive for a very large automaker and I live in the Washington DC area, in beautiful and leafy Potomac MD. I’m married to a beautiful woman and have two school-aged daughters.

I dabbled with fine cigars in my twenties in my native Australia and remember being struck by the beautiful flavors and tastes. The hobby faded into the ashes. Nearly thirty years on from those days, and now living in the great United States, I’ve decided to rekindle my love of cigars.

These days I’m able to enjoy cigars on an altogether different level than in my youth. My vocabulary and palate has matured, as has my ability to savor the relaxed hour or so that cigars offer. But most importantly I’ve learned to see the beauty in these amazing gifts of nature. They are pure. They are direct from the earth and full of the flavors of earth’s bounty. And they are placed here to provide us with great pleasure.

I’m rediscovering what I like and I’m making slow, steady and enjoyable progress in expanding my cigar horizons. It’s wonderful and it makes me happy.

I invite you to inspect my virtual humidor and prior smokes. I welcome your suggestions and advice, and am looking forward to contributing more and more to this forum as my tastes and experience expand.

Yours sincerely,
Groover08.

ninfiction

Welcome to the group! We're a small but helpful and friendly bunch...for the most part.

You're humidor is set to private I believe. I can see your previous smokes but not you inventory....which is fine of course if that's your choice.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Groover08

Thank you for the kind welcome. I've fixed the humidor permissions, which I had set incorrectly.

headfirst

Welcome from LA, and welcome back to the hobby!
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

benchjockey

You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

Beegerply

Welcome from Moline Illinois home of John Deere enjoy the site and happy smoking.   :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

Deener27

Welcome to the site from Chitown.  Hope that you enjoy!

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

appollo

Welcome from the GWN great bunch here always more than happy to help enable you. :-)

Adwinistrator

Welcome to the forums!  What would you say your favorite cigar has been since rediscovering the hobby?

Brlesq

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Cfickter

Welcome to Geeks and back to the cigar life.
I don't know how long ago your twenties were but you may find the industry has changed, there are a number of great smaller blenders

sometimes surprises arrive by mail when you have an address as part of you profile!
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

arrow34

Welcome to CG from Rochester Hills, MI.  Sooo many good and great cigars to choose from these days.

junglepete

Welcome to the site. Looking forward to your participation. Enjoy!
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

mhuss

Welcome to the show that never ends!

Groover08

So far, it has been the Romeo y Julieta House of Capulet Toro, which I thought was delicious.

Vroomp

:welcome: to the site! Lots of knowledge here and tons of reviews for you to research.
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

BewareDaPenguin

"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

klamm143

WELCOME..........from North Carolina.
Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

Kid Montana

Hello and welcome from Phoenix, AZ!

I'd rather have a cigar...

ntanner

I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Otter

R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.