Been A While....

Started by Silverstix, 05/22/2020 08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silverstix

Hey Geeks,

Not sure if many of you remember me, I was pretty active over the last couple of years but I've had some health issues and family stuff in the last 8 months that have severely limited my ability to enjoy and smoke cigars the way I used to.  As a result, I haven't really been as active on here.  I now smoke maybe 1-2 cigars a month - IT SUCKS!!!!  But hey, that's life, cigars were always a luxury for me.

I've come to the sad realization that cigar smoking is not going to be a serious hobby for me anymore.  I may buy a few from my local B&M here and there in the future, but I've given many of my smokes away to my brother, sold a bunch to close friends. 

I still plan on checking in here now and again to see what everyone is smoking.  I have chatted with some really great people on here, this is a great little community and we're lucky to have it. 

I have a small tupperware of smokes left that I would like to sell off.   These are all priced less than what I paid for them, just want them to go to a happy home that's going to burn them slowly 1 by 1 HAHAHA!

Below is a link to my online humidor - many of these have been stored for over 2 years.  If you're interested in any, shoot me a PM and we can talk some turkey.  Hope everybody has a great Memorial Day Weekend, stay smokey!

-Tom 

Brlesq

Good to see you again, Tom!  Sorry to hear that you can no longer enjoy cigars the way you used to, but you've got a great attitude towards it.  At least you still can partake in one every now and then.  Take care!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

shakinghorizons

Long time no see Tom!!

Sorry to hear about the health and family issues - hopefully you are at a better place now! You made a comment about ONLY smoking 1-2 cigars a month, that's what I consider a good month for me! I know some guys on here have 1-2 a DAY, but I think the majority are 1 a week.

Feel free to reach out if you want to chat or just blow off some steam.

Adwinistrator

Glad to see you still coming around, Tom!  Sucks that you're dealing with those problems, just have to make the right choices for where your life is at.  Hope things get better soon.

tfkirk

Sorry to here that Tom, God speed my brother
Kirk

RIP BIG KIRK, LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU, SEE YOU ON THE OTHER SIDE

Deener27

Sorry to hear about all of the trials you have been going through.  Best wishes to you and the fam.

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

benchjockey

Wishing you all the best, Tom. Take care of yourself and your family.
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

headfirst

Tom, appreciate your past involvement in the birthday bomb passes and for the S&R split, those are good sticks.  All the best to you with the stuff you're dealing with.
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

Silverstix

Thanks guys for reaching out!  You guys are a class act.

If I take care of myself and do the right things, it shouldn't be something that's life threatening.  But it was definitely a wake-up call that I need to make some changes, I want to be around for my kids and someday maybe my grandkids someday!!!

klamm143

Sorry to hear about your issues - Always TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF FIRST - Good to hear from you.
Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

mhuss

Hey Tom - sorry to hear about all your troubles.  Hopefully they're mostly behind you and you can move into a better season of your life.  It's good to have ya back in the community, in whatever capacity you decide.  Let us know if ya need anything!

Beegerply

Tom sorry to hear about your health one should always take care of themselves first. Text me if you need anything. :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

StogieDad

Hope all is coming along better my friend!
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

BewareDaPenguin

Hey man!!! So sorry to hear the news, absolutely take care of your health, and if you can still enjoy a stick here and there that's great!
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

Silverstix

Thanks guys for all the responses!!!!  I did compromise on Memorial Day, smoked a Cohiba Esplendidos that had been in my humidor for about 2 years.....I couldn't take it staring at me anymore, so I said F it, I'm gonna smoke it.  Best 2-1/2 hours I've had in a long time, phenomenal cigar.  One of those a month, and I'll be a very happy man!!!

shakinghorizons

QuoteSilverstix - 5/27/2020  7:23 AM
One of those a month, and I'll be a very happy man!!!

That is exactly how I look at it - I would rather smoke a $30 cigar once a month and enjoy the hell out of rather than smoke a $1 cigar 30 times just for something to do.

Silverstix

Quoteheadfirst - 5/22/2020  2:10 PM  Tom, appreciate your past involvement in the birthday bomb passes and for the S&R split, those are good sticks.  All the best to you with the stuff you're dealing with.

Gary,

I'd love to get in on the birthday bomb pass again for 2021, that is a great idea and I really enjoyed it 

headfirst

Sounds good Tom, glad you've enjoyed it, sign up will be in the fall but I'll jot you down.
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

McBryde

Glad to see you semi back, but doing good Tom! Enjoy the time with family, that is the good stuff in life!

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

nirab

Prayers n healing light to you my friend. Cigars are secondary to health and well being. Take care brother... :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

amigodecigars

Take care Tom, I'll be 73 in August and I tell my friends...."every day above ground is a good day" ...........with or without cigars!       

"There are plenty of good five-cent cigars in the country. The trouble is they cost a quarter. What this country needs is a good five-cent nickel."  Franklin Pierce Adams

ntanner

Sorry to hear man.At least you can still have the occasional stick, some is always better then none. Hope things get on a better track for you.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.