Massachusetts ban on flavored tobacco goes into effect Monday

Started by Brlesq, 06/01/2020 07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brlesq

:mad: We've known this day was coming. Other states will follow, as always. Stock up on your Acid and infused cigars if that's your thing. They'll come after ALL of our cigars eventually. Funny how legalized marijuana in Massachusetts is OK though, with billboards lining the interstates directing you to the local pot shops.

Massachusetts ban on flavored tobacco goes into effect Monday   
Massachusetts will be ending the sale of all flavored tobacco products-- including menthol cigarettes-- in the commonwealth beginning Monday.    

The ban follows a bill signed last November by Governor Charlie Baker. That bill ends the sale of flavored tobacco products, taxes vape products, and increases access to tobacco cessation medicine and counseling.    

Store owners say this will impact their businesses.

"About 55 to 60 percent of our customers come in and get menthol products. At the end of the day for health benefits, if they think that this is the safest way to approach-then we are here to cooperate," Mahmood said.

The ban extends to flavored e-cigarettes, cigars, pipe tobacco, and chewing tobacco.    

Flavored tobacco products will be restricted to licensed smoking bars where they may be sold only for on-site consumption.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

ljlemer

"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

klamm143

Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

BewareDaPenguin

Not good. I'm not a fan of flavored cigars, but I agree, I know how "piece-meal" laws like that start the infringing process, not good.
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

gitfiddl

Do they consider Captain Black a "flavored" pipe tobacco?  
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

Shukpaw

Knowing Mass, I'm surprised they didn't try this sooner.  I think it's sad.  I was out there last year and I was amazed at how hard it was to find a torch light (didn't fly with mine).  I noticed a number of shops I used to frequent when I lived there were gone.  I also noticed that when I sat out on my father-in-law's porch smoking I got more dirty looks from passers by than I think I got the last time I visited.
I'm right 98% of the time.  Who cares about the other 3%?

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.