CigarBid Problems?

Started by StogieDad, 06/08/2020 12:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StogieDad

Anyone had any issues on orders from them lately?  I had found a few things I wanted so placed a pretty big lot at the end of May.  I got my shipping notification, went and checked my account and all but one lot showed shipped.  No big deal.  Then when I got the shipment I had 3 of the lots, 12 of the lots that say shipped are not in the box.  I have emailed twice, and called customer service every day last week and get put on hold for over an hour and cannot get anyone on the phone.  I am about to just dispute the charge, I have never had this issue with them before.

Anyone else ordered anything from them lately?
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Brlesq

QuoteStogieDad - 6/8/2020  1:11 PM
I have emailed twice, and called customer service every day last week and get put on hold for over an hour and cannot get anyone on the phone.  I am about to just dispute the charge, I have never had this issue with them before.

You are much more forgiving/patient than I would be!  That's a big miss, and then they fail to respond to your multiple emails and phone calls?!?  I would dispute the charge immediately.

I've noticed that the selection on CBid has gone down dramatically over the past month. Many brands and items that have been there for the last year which I regularly bid on are not coming up anymore.  Maybe their inventory is low because the factories have all shut down until this week.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

arrow34

I have only ordered once in the last four months, i only had two lots.  Both were in there.  But I agree with bruce.  I would be more pissed.

nirab

May I suggest ordering from The Cigar Vault?... :shy:  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

tuck0411

I haven't bid on anything there since January and probably won't again for the same reason you encountered - non-response to complaints.  For a long time, they sent exactly what I ordered, but then I started getting things I hadn't ordered in place of things I had ordered.  When they stopped responding to my requests for the correct item to be sent, I stopped bidding.  Bidding was going too high, anyway, so the whole thing was becoming less and less appealing as a source of good deals.  Lord knows what sticks there are going for now that everyone's home from work and spending all their stimulus and $600 extra per week of unemployment money on cigars...
Todd

"Those sticks won't smoke themselves..." -- OZZ

MacMac

I received and order with only 9 cigars in what was supposed to be a 10 pack. I sent them a note and the have not responded.  :angry:

They still have not responded!!
Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

Shukpaw

I placed a small order (won a couple lots) a couple months ago.  It took about three weeks for them to ship it.  I called customer service during the wait.  I was on hold for over 30 minutes.  The woman I got; she was working from home, was very nice and apologetic.  They are definitely being effected by the current work situation.  They do warn you they are behind.  I didn't expect them to be so far behind, though.  I would just bid with them with a lot of patients and understanding.
I'm right 98% of the time.  Who cares about the other 3%?

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.