10 Years

Started by Shukpaw, 06/25/2020 10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shukpaw

I just noticed this is my 10 year anniversary on the site.  I was a lot more active the first five years than the last five.  I started on the site for the online humidor.

I didn't think I'd post much at all, and definitely not that I would post over 5,000 times, however when I started getting into it I thought I would be a Guru by now.  Lets see 10 years, over 40 passes, over 1,000 cigars, over 100 bombs sent, 10 Cigar Geeks Northwest Herfs, over 150 reviews (less than I should have done), over 400 data base posts and 700 pictures.

This site is awesome.  I have made some good online friends, many still on the site, many as inactive as I have been the last few years, one no longer with us.  I have also made two very good friends here in the Northwest (metalhead y cigarguy and MT21) that I would have never met had it not been for the site.  I have also been fortunate to be able to meet about a dozen other geeks from the site when I have traveled or they have come to the Seattle area.

I remember a lot of my cigars being bought by people on this site at a time that I was very tight financially and that it really helped.  I will never forget the massive bomb when my wife went through her breast cancer scare (she's still doing great).  I really appreciated the support and comradery I got when my dad died.

I guess what I'm trying to say is this place has a great online humidor (and a lot more).  Thanks Paul and all you Geeks.

Neil
I'm right 98% of the time.  Who cares about the other 3%?

ntanner

Good to see you around, seems like it's been a while.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Adwinistrator

QuoteShukpaw - 6/25/2020  11:20 PM

I guess what I'm trying to say is this place has a great online humidor (and a lot more).

Seconded!

arrow34

Brlesq

Nice to see you back and posting again, Neil
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

nickthafish

I am happy to have gotten more involved here after mainly using just the humidor and review section. Definitely a group of greatness!

Otter

R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

Murphy223

Any milestones should be celebrated these days. Congrats

sauraspop

I’ve been away for a long time. Maybe 10 years little less or little more. Just wondering if some of my old friends are still around?

Sammy - Semper Vigilis

Be carful what you wish for, You may get it! Ray Wylie Hubbard (Mother Blues)

As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake. ~ Cliffy ~

Brlesq

Quotesauraspop - 6/26/2020  8:37 PM

I've been away for a long time. Maybe 10 years little less or little more. Just wondering if some of my old friends are still around?

Or maybe just 6 years, but you missed us so much that it seems like 10  :biggrin:

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

nirab

Cigar Geeks is a better place when you are active,Neil!! I joined in 2012 for the humidor, and dabbled with the chat board. You were the first geek I did a trade with, and I sent my end first. I was a bit nervous about it all, but now I know, this site is home to a bunch of wonderful human beings...and Neil, you are one of them. Take care my brother!!  :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

junglepete

Happy 10th Neil!
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

MacMac

Great post Neil! I have found it hard to stay involved since we lost the iOS app. It is a great forum.
Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

mhuss

Happy Geek Anniversary!

klamm143

Welcome Back - kinda sorta. I'm planning a trip to the Tri-cities area in October or November. I will fly into Seattle. If this trip materializes as planned maybe I'll check in with you for a smoke either coming into Seattle or on my departure date. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!
Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.