Does anyone want some free cigars?

Started by rstrawsb, 06/29/2020 01:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rstrawsb

I have a coolidor that is getting rather full. I would like to make it less full. My Give Away  Humidor   is open to the public so please have a look at it and let me know if you see anything you are interested in trying. Most of what I'm offering is at least 7 years old and are packaged in sealed bundles or boxes.  So give me a reason to break the seals and share the excess . I make no promises regarding how long I will do this but,  I would love to spread some of these around to folks who will appreciate them. Most are what is considered backyard smokes and are nothing too special. Make your post on this thread or send me a message if interested. I would like to limit this offer to fellow Cigar Geeks. 

Happy puffing,
Ron

My Virtual Humidor
Ron Strawsburg

"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." Charles H. Spurgeon

junglepete

That is very very generous of you Rob. Maybe a contest?
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

rstrawsb

I'm open to suggestions. If you'd like to help me come up with a contest idea that would be wonderful. I have a huge coolidor of cigars that were purchased when I was selling them online. And since I'm new around here I thought this may be a great way to make some new friends. I would offer these for trade or sale as well.

Thanks for your reply,
Ron

Ron Strawsburg

"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." Charles H. Spurgeon

StogieDad

A Cigars for Troops donation would be a good way to liquidate some as well. :biggrin:
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

rstrawsb

I have is son-in-law who spent some time in Afghanistan a few years back. My wife and I would regularly pack up bundles of these cigars and send their way. But if you know anyone in our fine military that I can send a box to please send an address, because I love that idea.

Thanks for your reply,
Ron
Ron Strawsburg

rstrawsb

I did a quick google search and came up with a donation page here :usa:  Cigars For Warriors   I will be pulling from the Give Away Humidor   to make a donation. I'll take a few photos and keep everyone informed. 

Thanks for the great suggestion!   :bigthumbs: 

Ron

Ron Strawsburg

ninfiction

Nice gesture Ron! And welcome to the group!
This is not the admin you're looking for...

rstrawsb

This is what I've come up wiith. This selection of cigars times whatever quantity to fill a flat rate medium USPS shipping box.  I know these are not what everyone will consider great cigars but I've smoked these value sticks for years and haven't given up cigars yet, so they can't be all that bad. 

Bahia B Line Connecticut Double Corona (7.5 x 50, DR)

Fighting Cock (Nicaragua) Churchill (7 x 48, NIC)

La Aurora Erin Go Bragh Churchill (Irish Wiskey Infused) (7 x 47, DR)

Bahia Icon Belicoso Alejandro (6 x 54, NIC)

Puros Indios Viejo Broco (6.5 x 56, HON)

Bahia B Line Connecticut Belicoso (6 x 54, DR)

Reposado 96 Estate Blend  (5x50) Ctry:DR Color:Maduro

Gran Habano/ Rico Family Connecticut #1 Robusto (5 x 50, HON)

Ron Strawsburg

Murphy223

Very nice gesture.  Great Geeks as always

rstrawsb

I sent 5 of each cigar in the selection picture and that just about filled a medium flat rate box. Thanks again for a wonderful idea. I wish I had thought of it. 

Ron Strawsburg

Murphy223

Ron,

I was chatting with Ron about how my local B&M has been picked through and having a tough time with any decent stock and how my humidor has been needing some sticks to love.  

Well, these landed today and to be honest, I think my mailbox got destroyed with this box. :biggrin:

He sent me a box of cigars, similar to what he donated  above.  Many of these I have never tried before.    My humidor is happy and I'm excited to give these a try over the next few weeks.

Thanks so much for sending Ron -

Cigary

Those cigars look pretty good... You can always send them to the troops... that's what I do.

Brlesq

QuoteCigary - 7/2/2020  4:18 PM

Those cigars look pretty good... You can always send them to the troops... that's what I do.

I can tell that you're following this thread closely, Gary . . .  :hitme:

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

rstrawsb

My pleasure ?? I hope you like them.
Ron Strawsburg

klamm143

Nice gesture Brother - and nice "BOMB".....My oldest son got home from the ARMY recently. He told me stories of how the troops loved getting surprises from friends and family (particularly Cigars) and how those things helped keep their spirits up when everything around them seemed to be going in the crapper. THANK YOU.
Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

rstrawsb

my son in law was deployed to Iraq and we dehydrated gallon size bags of Apple's seasoned with  fireball whiskey for him. He always  requested more. Those shipments always contained tobacco either pipe or cigars or both.
Ron Strawsburg

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.