Finally figured out what to do with my Cigar Bands

Started by Murphy223, 07/04/2020 09:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Murphy223

Like many others, I constantly ask myself, "What do I do with all of the Cigar Bands that I've saved over the years?"      I've seen people make tables, clocks, picture frames and the like but I never felt like doing the same thing. The other day I saw these Wood Cutouts and thought.... That might look cool. So I ordered 18" Wood cutouts of Georgia and New Jersey (my home states) and spend a few hours playing Arts and Crafts.    I think they turned out pretty good but have no idea what I'll do with them.  Man Cave, Cigar lounge things for sure.

junglepete

That's pretty cool. I'd like to do the whole country like a puzzle for the grandchildren. I just finished the second lamp shade of a pair.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Brlesq

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

benchjockey

You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

Murphy223

That would require much smaller pieces and a LOT of bands.   But a great idea.  I used up 95% of mine on these 2.  Guess I need to smoke more ??

gitfiddl

They look nice!  At the very least, you've got a couple interesting conversation-pieces.  I'm trying to decide what to do with the batch of bands I'm accumulating now.  Maybe a set of coasters...
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

headfirst

When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

junglepete

QuoteMurphy223 - 7/4/2020  10:56 AM

That would require much smaller pieces and a LOT of bands.   But a great idea.  I used up 95% of mine on these 2.  Guess I need to smoke more ??

I got plenty of bands that's for sure and
yes, it would be smaller pieces.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

klamm143

Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

arrow34

Looks great! I might do something similar!

Cfickter

Well I would have to state, those are cool
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

amigodecigars

A client in Nebraska had a very creative lady make a portrait for the factory in Costa Rica.   But there is satisfaction from making your own stuff.                                            http://www.joyfulscigarart.com/home.html                                                                        Joyful's Cigar Art offers unique artwork made from cigar bands.   
"There are plenty of good five-cent cigars in the country. The trouble is they cost a quarter. What this country needs is a good five-cent nickel."  Franklin Pierce Adams

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.