Shut the Box

Started by amigodecigars, 08/11/2020 08:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amigodecigars

Have you played "Shut the Box"?   In English pubs, Shut the Box is traditionally played as a gambling game. Each player deposits an agreed amount of money into a pool at the beginning of the game, and the winner of the game collects the money in pool at the end of the game and in some cases the box as well.  Shut the box is a traditional game, and there are many local and traditional variations in the rules. In addition, due to the game's growing popularity, many variations of the game have developed in recent years.  Joya de Nicaragua is offering a limited edition of its popular Antaño blend in a box that can be re-used to play the dice game Shut the Box. It’s a personal favorite game of Joya de Nicaragua Chairman Dr. Alejandro Martinez Cuenca who has been known to play it on the road at events. For the Antaño Shut the Box Limited Edition, the company is producing 500 20-count Collector’s Edition boxes of two its more popular vitolas: the company’s signature Gran Cónsul size (4 3/4 x 60 – MSRP $ 182/box or $9.10/cigar) and Robusto Grande (5 ½ x 52 – MSRP $169/box or $8.45/cigar).  Once the box is empty, the box is ready to play “Shut the Box” – and it comes with everything one needs to play the game.
"There are plenty of good five-cent cigars in the country. The trouble is they cost a quarter. What this country needs is a good five-cent nickel."  Franklin Pierce Adams

nirab

We have one "Shut the Box" JDN still available. These are moving fast!!!
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.