October Member Sponsored Geek Critique

Started by Brlesq, 08/14/2020 10:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brlesq

This Geek Critique has been generously sponsored by Deener27 (David)

The Cigar: Warped Lirio Rojo 2019

The Specs:
Wrapper: Nicaragua
Binder: Nicaragua
Filler: Nicaragua
Country of Origin: Nicaragua
Strength: Medium-Full
Size: 6.38" x 42

Due Date: September 25, 2020

The Hype: Lirio Rojo translates to "red lilly" from Spanish. The 2019 limited release of the Lirio Rojo is a new size, a 6 3/8 x 42 lonsdale vitola rolled with a 109 cap, which is basically a combination of a belicoso cap and a normal cap. In previous years, this cigar was only produced in a corona vitola. However, while the vitola size and the cap used on the cigars were changed for 2019's release, other details remained the same (i.e. the blend remained a Nicaraguan puro that was sold in cabinets of 50 without bands.)

Reviewers:
We're looking for the following volunteers initially: Veteran status or higher that did not do a Member Geek Critique review for August or September. Shipping CONUS only. If you are interested, please indicate so in the forum below and Deener27 will select the reviewers from the volunteers.

The Chosen Reviewers:
1. DRuff
2. Kid Montana
3. McBryde
4. Beegerply
5. rstrawsb

Note[/i]: A reviewer who posts their review late will receive neutral feedback. A reviewer who does not post at all will receive negative feedback. There are always exceptions to the rule and a reasonable excuse for tardiness or a no show will be respected and thus not counted against the reviewer. Our sponsoring members and our administrators make the choice of who is to participate in any particular Geek Critique and can be better informed of their choices with this initiative in place.

Thanks again to David for providing the cigar. And thank you to the reviewers.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

McBryde

I would like in on this one if possible.

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Deener27

QuoteMcBryde - 8/14/2020  3:35 PM

E

You're in E.

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

McBryde

QuoteDeener27 - 8/14/2020  4:37 PM

QuoteMcBryde - 8/14/2020  3:35 PM

E

You're in E.

Thank you sir!

E

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Beegerply

Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

Deener27

QuoteBeegerply - 8/17/2020  7:11 AM

If David will let me play I'll volunteer  :biggrin:

Byron, you are in.

1 spot remaining.

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

Beegerply

QuoteDeener27 - 8/17/2020  1:07 PM

QuoteBeegerply - 8/17/2020  7:11 AM

If David will let me play I'll volunteer  :biggrin:

Byron, you are in.

1 spot remaining.

Thank you David looking forward to it.
Byron

StogieDad

I'll jump in if needed.  If it is filled, no worries.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Deener27

QuoteStogieDad - 8/19/2020  8:40 AM

I'll let you know.  Pending word from another Geek to fill the 5th spot.

Deener27

QuoteDeener27 - 8/19/2020  9:30 AM

QuoteStogieDad - 8/19/2020  8:40 AM

I'll let you know.  Pending word from another Geek to fill the 5th spot.

rstrawsb is the 5th spot.

I will get the cigars out later in the week.

Thanks to everyone.  Looking forward to the reviews.

StogieDad

Good deal, glad to see it filled up.  Looking forward to the reviews, Kyle makes a good smoke.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Deener27

Cigar is on the way.

Sorry for the delay here.  You all should see them early next week.

Thanks again to the volunteer for participating

Doug 9405503699300016206075
Byron 9405503699300016206105
Em 9405503699300016206099
Dan 9405503699300016206082
Ron 9405503699300016206112   

Ron, I got your message and it is enroute to Santa Rosa for you.

As a reminder, these are due September 25th unless other arrangements have been made.

Beegerply

I'll keep my eyes open for it.  :dancing:  :biggrin:
Byron

Kid Montana

I'd rather have a cigar...

McBryde

Thanks David,

I'll keep my eye open for it!

Emerson

Kid Montana

Got the review stick in last night, thank you David for the bodyguards!  I'll let it rest until this weekend.

I'd rather have a cigar...

DRuff

Received yesterday in perfect shape, thanks for the hitchhikers !

rstrawsb

Got my package today, thanks for the opportunity and the lovely hitchhikers!
Ron Strawsburg

"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." Charles H. Spurgeon

Beegerply

Still waiting for mine its bouncing around the postal service hallways. Hopefully it gets here today   :biggrin:
Byron

Deener27

QuoteBeegerply - 9/10/2020  7:12 AM

Still waiting for mine its bouncing around the postal service hallways. Hopefully it gets here today   :biggrin:

And you are by far the closest to me.  I could have practically hand delivered that one to you...?????

Brlesq

Critiques should be due on 9/25, but lets make it 9/26 to give you all the extra Saturday to get this done.  That's a little more than 2 weeks from now.  Enjoy!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Beegerply

QuoteDeener27 - 9/10/2020  4:39 PM

And you are by far the closest to me.  I could have practically hand delivered that one to you...?????

I know you could of hand delivered it to me.  :biggrin:  :confused:
Byron

Deener27

QuoteBeegerply - 9/10/2020  3:26 PM

QuoteDeener27 - 9/10/2020  4:39 PM

I know you could of hand delivered it to me.  :biggrin:  :confused:

I just tracked it.  It is ridiculous.

Went from me, to Des Moines (flew right over the top of you), then skipped you again and went back to Chicago Distribution...

I hope it gets to you soon.  If not, we will figure something out.

Beegerply

Still out in USPS space, no box for me yet.  :biggrin:

You can come to the cigar lounge I work at on Saturday and hand deliver it. It's called the Drawing Room 318 2nd St. E Davenport Iowa. I work from 4 to 10 :biggrin:  :biggrin:
Byron

McBryde

Mine landed today, thanks for the guardians!

E

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.