Most you paid for a cigar. Was it worth it?

Started by amigodecigars, 08/27/2020 08:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amigodecigars

BYRON 20TH CENTURY LONDINENSES DARK WRAPPER HEADS TO CASA DE MONTECRISTO COUNTRYSIDE IN SEPTEMBER.  The release is being limited to 100 numbered jars of 25 cigars, a total run of just 2,500 cigars. They are slated to arrive at Casa de Montecristo in Countryside, Ill. on Sept. 1, and will be available both in-store and via its website. Pricing is set at $795 per jar and $31.95 per cigar.  Articles on Halfwheel and  https://cigar-coop.com/2020/08/cigar-news-united-cigars-announced-byron-20th-century-londinenses-dark-wrapper-as-single-store-exclusive.html
"There are plenty of good five-cent cigars in the country. The trouble is they cost a quarter. What this country needs is a good five-cent nickel."  Franklin Pierce Adams

Brlesq

MSRP and what you actually pay are 2 different scales, but I've smoked a few Byrons and think they are worth the price. Many Davidoffs cost that much as well.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Beegerply

I might have to check those out I've never smoked a cigar with my name on it.  :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

arrow34

QuoteBeegerply - 8/27/2020  11:02 AM

I might have to check those out I've never smoked a cigar with my name on it.  :biggrin:

Me : What ya smoking?

Byron : Me

Brlesq

Quotearrow34 - 8/27/2020  12:56 PM

There's a hedgehog reference in there somewhere that I'm just leaving alone . . .  :biggrin:

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Beegerply

Quotearrow34 - 8/27/2020  2:56 PM

QuoteBeegerply - 8/27/2020  11:02 AM

:lmao:  :lmao:
Byron

Beegerply

QuoteBrlesq - 8/27/2020  3:24 PM

Quotearrow34 - 8/27/2020  12:56 PM

There's a hedgehog reference in there somewhere that I'm just leaving alone . . .  :biggrin:

I can only imagine  :confused:  :biggrin:
Byron

nickthafish

According to my records it was Fuente Oro Oscuro and I haven't smoked one yet, but it was worth it since I wanted to have some. Same goes for Tatuaje Drinking Age, full size face and Neon Tigers. I have one Behike and some Cuban RE and LE that would have costed more but got them in trades, PIFs and large samplers.

okieeagle

Opus X Perfection A for $37. And yes, it was definitely worth it. Especially since I bought two, and the buddy I smoked it with had a bottle of Macallan 18yo. So the barter for about half a bottle of that was definitely worth it.
"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke every last one of 'em." - Ron White

shakinghorizons

Davidoff Oro Blanco - it was worth it for the experience, but would never again, lol.

nirab

I have spent more, but for me, the DPG JJ Salomon is worth the price of admission. It runs about $20-25 on average. They also age extremely well, and rumor is that Don Pepin rolls some of them himself.  :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

nwb

Probably a Padron Family Reserve.  And yes, it was worth it.
Chief of Shaft

amigodecigars

Quotenirab - 8/28/2020  7:20 PM  I have spent more, but for me, the DPG JJ Salomon is worth the price of admission. It runs about $20-25 on average. They also age extremely well, and rumor is that Don Pepin rolls some of them himself.  :biggrin:
Series JJ. Created by Pepin and his son Jaime, this fine handmade employs a wonderful blend of Nicaraguan Corojo and Criollo long-leaf tobaccos inside a flavorful Nicaraguan Corojo wrapper. The result is a full-bodied smoke layered with deep flavors. The aroma is earthy and spicy, complementing the rich, leathery flavors perfectly.

Don Pepin Garcia Series JJ is handmade in Miami, in order to maintain a high level of quality control, making this a rare treat for the senses. Quantity is extremely limited.
"There are plenty of good five-cent cigars in the country. The trouble is they cost a quarter. What this country needs is a good five-cent nickel."  Franklin Pierce Adams

tfkirk

Quotenirab - 8/28/2020  6:20 PM

I have spent more, but for me, the DPG JJ Salomon is worth the price of admission. It runs about $20-25 on average. They also age extremely well, and rumor is that Don Pepin rolls some of them himself.  :biggrin:

Brian I've had the Don Pepin Garcia Series JJ Belicoso and it was fantastic, and it wasn't as expensive. I have a couple Solomon's buried somewhere, now you have my attention. Time to dig for one.

Kirk
Kirk

RIP BIG KIRK, LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU, SEE YOU ON THE OTHER SIDE

tfkirk

I did a box split with a friend for The Zino Platinum Z-Crown Stout. Approximately $100. I smoked 1 for my son's wedding, 1 for the birth of my grandson, and 1 for the birth of my grand daughter. Just smoked 1 when my dad passed this past May. And saving the 1 for my daughter's wedding. Was it worth the price I'd say no, but worth the ceremonies. Absolutely!!!

Bought The Zino Platinum Z-Crown Chubby's in a 3-pk and bought 1 from a member here thinning out their herd, Approximately, $70/$75, Smoked 1 when I paid off my house and 1 when I refinanced my house to get into some business endeavors, Saving the last 2 for the payments on the endeavors. LOL. See above for the same answer!!! LOL

Kirk
Kirk

RIP BIG KIRK, LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU, SEE YOU ON THE OTHER SIDE

Caveman Steve

I was on vacation in San Francisco a few years back and learned of a tobacconist that supposedly sold cigars that were pre embargo Cubans.  I was on vacation and said "What the F___!.  Paid $75 and sat in his shop and smoked what was in fact a fantastic cigar.  Also was treated to two glasses of complimentary cuban  rum.  Was it legit pre embargo cuban tobacco???  Maybe  Maybe not.  But it was a great experience none the less.  It was by far the most expensive cigar of my life and probably will always be. :biggrin:
"yesterday I did nothing, and today I'm finishing what I did yesterday"

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.