Celebratory Cigar Recommendation

Started by Silverstix, 11/18/2020 09:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silverstix

What's up geeks?!

So I'm closing on my house on Friday!  It's been a rather slow and long drawn out process, but the day is finally on the horizon!!!  Saturday I plan on going to the house and smoking a celebratory cigar out on MY porch.  Its going to be about 60 degrees and sunny.  I'm having a really hard time deciding, so I'd like to ask you guys - what cigar would you pick to smoke for this occasion?

H. Upmann Sir Winston

Cohiba Piramides Extra 

Hoyo De Monterrey Double Corona 

Davidoff 50th Anniversary Diademas

Padron 'Hammer' - natural or maduro

Arturo Fuente Anejo Shark

Arturo Fuente Eye of the Shark

Arturo Fuente Personal Reserve Robusto 

Arturo Fuente Destino Al Siglo 

Opus X 20 Years Power of the Dream 

Brlesq

Congrats, Tom!  What town are you moving to?

If you think that you'll have the time to smoke it, that Hoyo De Monterrey Double Corona is a 2+ hour cigar.  That would be my choice

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Beegerply

Smoke the "Hammer"  :biggrin: my reason for that one is House = Hammer  :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

Silverstix

QuoteBrlesq - 11/18/2020  10:16 AM  Congrats, Tom!  What town are you moving to?  If you think that you'll have the time to smoke it, that Hoyo De Monterrey Double Corona is a 2+ hour cigar.  That would be my choice  

Thanks Bruce!! We are moving to Holtsville - next town over from the apartment we are in now - so we can keep the kids in the same district.  It will be really nice

I have not tried the Hoyo DC yet but I have heard they are fabulous.  I think Saturday will be one of the very few days when the Mrs. will give me the green light to have a couple of hours to myself, might as well take full advantage 

Silverstix

QuoteBeegerply - 11/18/2020  10:33 AM  Smoke the "Hammer"  :biggrin: my reason for that one is House = Hammer  :biggrin:

Hah! Such a tough call. 

appollo

Congrates Tom on the new house.I'm a big Upmann fan so I have to go with the Sir Winston

shakinghorizons

Congratulations Tom! What year Winnie? If less than 5 years, go with the Davidoff 50th Anniversary Diademas.

Silverstix

Winnie is a 2019 single, I know it wouldn't be as great as it could me.  Haven't had the Diadema since last summer, it keeps looking at me when I open my humidor

nickthafish

Congratulations! I think the suggestion to go with the Hammer hit the nail on the head!

shakinghorizons

QuoteSilverstix - 11/18/2020  9:55 AM

Winnie is a 2019 single, I know it wouldn't be as great as it could me.  Haven't had the Diadema since last summer, it keeps looking at me when I open my humidor

Davidoff for sure then!

appollo

QuoteSilverstix - 11/18/2020  12:55 PM

Yea hold off on the Winnie.go with the hammer

nirab

The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Beegerply

Quotenickthafish - 11/18/2020  2:43 PM

Congratulations! I think the suggestion to go with the Hammer hit the nail on the head!

:lmao:  :lmao:
Byron

Silverstix

headfirst

Haven't tried any of those so can't help there, but congratulations! :bigthumbs:
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

nwb

Congrats!  I'd go for the Hammer Maduro.
Chief of Shaft

Cfickter

Congrats on the move
You have lots of great choices, I would wait till the moment and decide then based on what you feel like at the time
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

klamm143

YUPP - Congrats on your new Man Cave - but remember Woman rules THE HOUSE....For the Weekend " IT'S HAMMER TIME"!!!!!!!
Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

Silverstix

So I decided to go with the OpusX 20th Anniversary.  This vitola is called Power of the Dream and I thought it was fitting with the American Dream of owning a home.  It was the best cigar I've ever smoked, and I don't think it had anything to do with the cigar itself! (although it was great).

Brlesq

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

appollo

Great selection on the cigar and the house Tom.

nwb

Chief of Shaft

McBryde

Congrats on the house Tom! I would have chosen the same one with a name like that, and the house being a dream. Anyone of them would have probably been a great smoke though being able to relax in your new place! Enjoy the new pad!

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Beegerply

Byron

Silverstix

Thanks gents! It was a fantastic cigar - sweet cedar and cinnamon/nutmeg.....super smooth.....strength was not nearly as much as you would expect from an Opus.  It was a treat to smoke

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.