Everything Old is New Again

Started by lowpro75, 12/02/2020 02:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lowpro75

Greetings Friends,

I've been out of the loop for so long I figure I would reintroduce myself.  I've been a member here since 2009 but not active in a while.  I'm still smoking, in 2010 I joined a cigar lounge that was like the real life version of this place.  I still belong but have only been there a handful of times since March.  A couple of the members caught the COVID, luckily nothing serious but it's a pretty good environment for germs to spread so I've been staying away.  

I usually start a fire outside and have one or two per night, depending on the weather.  We've been lucky so far and it's just now starting to get cold.  I'll probably invest in a propane heater.  

I'll catch you up on what I'm smoking in another thread.  

Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

McBryde

"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

benchjockey

You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

Brlesq

Ugh!!  There goes the neighborhood!

:biggrin:

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

lowpro75

Thanks!  

While I was gone I went to charm school, so now when I tell Bruce to !@#%$ off I can do it really politely.   :biggrin:
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

lowpro75

Oh my !@#%$ing lord, I !@#%$ing forgot about the !@#%$ing !@#%$ass bulls**t profanity filter.
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

headfirst

When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

Brlesq

Quotelowpro75 - 12/2/2020  5:15 PM

Oh my !@#%$ing lord, I !@#%$ing forgot about the !@#%$ing !@#%$ass bulls**t profanity filter.

Nice! Do you kiss your wife and kids with that mouth? :blech:

How is the family, Rich? The boys must be growing up quick! Hope that everyone is doing well and staying safe.  Good to see you back.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

lowpro75

QuoteBrlesq - 12/2/2020  9:46 PM

Quotelowpro75 - 12/2/2020  5:15 PM

Nice! Do you kiss your wife and kids with that mouth? :blech:

How is the family, Rich? The boys must be growing up quick! Hope that everyone is doing well and staying safe.  Good to see you back.

No one kisses me!  

Thanks for asking.  We are all hanging in there.  

I'm actually aging the fastest.

:biggrin:
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

nwb

Good lord, who is this guy?

Welcome back Rich!  Nice to see you.
Chief of Shaft

wescat

Quotelowpro75 - 12/2/2020  4:14 PM

Thanks!  

While I was gone I went to charm school, so now when I tell Bruce to !@#%$ off I can do it really politely.   :biggrin:

^^This I have missed. Good to see you back Rich.
The second law chases us all.
In most realms, tranquility comes from ownership.
Order ensues when everyone totes their own water.  
Stand firm, and never let the bastards grind you down.  
Life's arc is primarily charted between ones ears.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
Heaven is where the police are British, the lovers French, the mechanics German, the chefs Italian, and it is all organized by the Swiss.
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

nirab

Welcome back...I think!!  :lmao:  :shades:  :bigthumbs:  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

klamm143

WELCOME BACK.....like nirab - "I Think!!!"
Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

Vroomp

Long time no see~!  Welcome back~! :lmao:

Now if you can just find Cordell............. :confused:

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

Brlesq

QuoteVroomp - 12/5/2020  3:35 PM

Do you mean Beelzebob?  He hasn't been sighted in a long while, so we're due for the madness!  Ten years ago we used to have some real fun around here:

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=9039.0

Bruce
Chief Enabler 

McBryde

QuoteVroomp - 12/5/2020  2:35 PM

He has to be stuck in some BBQ shack in TN somewhere by now!

E

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

McBryde

QuoteBrlesq - 12/5/2020  3:14 PM

QuoteVroomp - 12/5/2020  3:35 PM

Do you mean Beelzebob?  He hasn't been sighted in a long while, so we're due for the madness!  Ten years ago we used to have some real fun around here:

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=9039.0

Man..... there are some good old timers that aren't around these parts anymore that posted in that post! Good to see some old names that i haven't seen around in a LOOOOOOONG time!

E

nwb

We need to get Rich and Bob on a herf together. :biggrin:
Chief of Shaft

wescat

Quotenwb - 12/5/2020  8:24 PM

True true. And if'n they both were into they cups, and then Twinkie joined.....it'd be just like old times.
Heaven is where the police are British, the lovers French, the mechanics German, the chefs Italian, and it is all organized by the Swiss.
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

Brlesq

Quotewescat - 12/5/2020  10:01 PM

Quotenwb - 12/5/2020  8:24 PM

True true. And if'n they both were into they cups, and then Twinkie joined.....it'd be just like old times.

Won't happen, Twinkie was banned after he stole a pass
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

klamm143

DANG....most of all this was before my time ----- Hate I Missed all the (#$%^) FUN!!!!
Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

Beegerply

Welcome back Rich, glad to hear all is well.  :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

lowpro75

Thanks guys.  I should see if Bob will come back.  I run into him on Facespace from time to time.  

I think Facespace is a Bobism.
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

wescat

Quotelowpro75 - 12/7/2020  3:45 PM
I think Facespace is a Bobism.
Yup, Facespace is a Bobism. Bob also used to interchange the terms fax and text. As in "I faxed my girl to come over tonight."

Bob was a riot. I miss his late night alcohol fueled thread rants. Damn funny stuff.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

Vroomp

And some of his reviews were hilarious~!

Gurkha/ K. Hansotia & Co. Black Dragon Robusto12/2/2009 6:01:21 PM
Rating: 1.5 Star RatingEdit this Review
Shoooooooooo,  call me a wuss but this thing was stronger than 10 rows of onions. It  clipped, lit and burned well but thats about all the good qualities this  cigar had for me.

The initial flavor was very strong and it  left me lost in a cloud of unpleasant smoke, so strong that it brought  on a episode of convulsive sneezing. I sneezed so hard I expelled  flatulence a couple of times...

After wiping the snot from my  chin I resumed the task of trying to smoke this thing. The next  unpleasant phase was a strong odor of ammonia which made my eyes water  like a school girl stood up on prom night every time I tried to draw a  puff.

There were strong notes of roofing tar with a bit of coco  mixed in for effect. I put it down for a bit to cleanse my palate with a  Marlboro light. It did mellow somewhat and had a scorched coffee flavor  which wasnt much more appealing than the roofing tar flavors.

I  finally admitted to myself that I wasnt enjoying anything about this  cigar and put myself out of misery my snuffing it out...Bleccch!!!!!!!    
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.