*******TOYS FOR TOTS 2020 AUCTION*******

Started by McBryde, 12/03/2020 04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McBryde

The Proceeds From This Sale
Will Be Donated To
The Marine Toys for Tots Foundation

About Toys for Tots: 

From the organization's web site: "The primary goal of Toys for Tots is to deliver, through a new toy at Christmas, a message of hope to less fortunate youngsters that will assist them in becoming responsible, productive, patriotic citizens." 

You get cigars and kids get toys! All proceeds will be sent to SeñorPablo for a donation to Toys for Tots on behalf of the Cigar Geeks community.

Pick a Cigar Kit and Start Bidding (Or Bid on All of Them!): 

This year, we have 8 great cigar kits up for auction. The details of each kit can be found below with each kit. If you have any questions about any of the kits, please ask about them!

See the description of each kit for starting bids. 

You may bid as many times as you would like as long as the bid increment is met as noted for each kit. Shipping and handling will be included in your bid (single US address only, please).

When posting your bid, be sure to include the name of the kit. For example, “$75 for Kit 1". 

This auction will run through 11:59:59 PM CST, Tuesday, December 15, 2020. When Wednesday rolls around, the auction will be OVER! I will however keep the donations part of this open for another 24 hours after the auction ends for those people that want to donate to Toys For Tots with a cash donation. All cash donations will be entered into a drawing for a high end fiver.

These Geeks have the high bid on these kits

Kit 1 - "CC 5 Pack + ***PACKAGE ADDITIONS*** " -$ 98 Vroomp

Kit 2 - "Liberty Package + ***PACKAGE ADDITIONS*** " -$ 140 BewareDaPenguin

Kit 3 - "Beer and Cigars" -$ 85 nickthafish

Kit 4 - "Crowned Heads Sampler" + ***PACKAGE ADDITIONS*** -$ 96 Bstessl

Kit 5 - "Ezra Zion LR's" -$ 130 Mautrak

Kit 6 - "Nirab's Mystery Pack" -$ 160 Mautrak

Kit 7 - "Xiphos Cigar Assortment + ***PACKAGE ADDITIONS***" -$ 140 McBryde

Kit 8 - "Holiday Collection Box" -$ 110 Mautrak

+ ***PACKAGE ADDITION*** - Please see the auction item for additions that have been added by the donators!

**This will be updated regularly, but check the thread for higher bids! 

Also, you can earn the Toys for Tots badge for being a contributor. If you gave a kit for auction, win an auction, or donate at least $25 you will earn this coveted badge:  

Make a General Donation:

If you wish to make a donation, you can do so by sending McBryde a PM or posting on this thread that you want to support Toys for Tots. This is a great way to contribute if your highest bid doesn't make the cut! Donations this year will go into a pool, like buying a raffle ticket. For each $25 donated, you will receive a chance at this high end fiver:

These Geeks have made cash donations totaling: $225

SenorPablo, 05Venturer, ninfiction, nwb, headfirst, bstessl, Murphy223 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 
Kits made possible by these generous Geeks: 
Cfickter, BewareDaPenguin, Vroomp, Nirab, DRuff, Bstessl, nickthafish, and McBryde 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  

Kit 1 Donated by BewareDaPenguin "CC 5 Pack" + ***PACKAGE ADDITION*** Now 8 CC Cigars

Opening bid: $25 ($3 minimum increments) 

Kit highlights: 7 Cuban Cigars for your delight! 2 Originals were not able to be box coded, so 2 more were added onto the deal that could be!

H Up Mag 46 - OBM FEB 17

Bolivar Beli - MSU OCT 19

PLPC - LGR MAY 19

H Up 54 - ABO ABR 19

Monte - MER OCT 13

H Upp Sir Winny - UTL AGO 19

Kit 2 Donated by CFickter "Liberty Package"********Package Addition*********

Opening bid: $50 ($3 minimum increments) 

Kit highlightsThe Liberty Cigar Company, based in Alpharetta, Georgia has perhaps one of the most unique house blends of any B&M. Each cigar is named for an influential person, event or entity in American history.

The set being offered is called The Early Republic Box. The six cigars in this beautifully presented collection feature the first six Presidents of the US.  Each individually boxed cigar features a unique vitola and wrapper.

­

VITOLA

SIZE

BODY

WRAPPER

George Washington

Presidente

60 x 7 5/8

Medium-Full

Ligero Nicaragua

John Adams

Torpedo

52 x 6

Medium-Full

Habano Reserve

Thomas Jefferson

Cuban Corona

43 x 6 3/4

Medium-Full

Connecticut Shade /   Ecuador – Natural

James Madison

Robusto

50 x 5

Medium

Connecticut

James Monore

Gordo

60 x 6

Medium-Full

Brazilian

John Quincy Adams

Toro

50 x 6

Medium

Ecuador Desflorado Natural

+ ***PACKAGE ADDITION***

Since the bidding has reach $100 on my kit, I am going to expand the offering.
I will add three additional cigars, here is the info:

These three cigars are from the same shop but part of their Founder Series.
Francis Marion: Corona 43X6, full strength, wrapper is Ligaro Nicaraguan
Robert Morris: Torpedo Corto, 50X5, Medium strength, Wrapper is Ecuadorian Desflorado
Benjamin Franklin: Churchill, 48X7, Medium strength, Wrapper is Connecticut 

****************PACKAGE ADDITION**************

Kit 3 Donated by Bstessl "Beer and Cigars"

Opening bid: $25 ($3 minimum increments) 

Kit highlights: This Beer and Cigar kit are going to include a Dark Lord from 2017 and a Goose Island BCS Cafe De Olla from 2019 along with at least a 5-er of cigars. If the bidding goes above $150, Brian will throw in a Dark Lord from 2018 as well.

Kit 4 Donated by DRuff "Crowned Heads Sampler" ****PACKAGE ADDITION****

Kit highlights: This assorted sampler has the 10 Crowned Heads cigars pictured here in it:

ADDED********* A Juarez, another JD Howard, and a couple of surprises!!!************ 

Kit 5 Donated by nickthafish "Ezra Zion LR's"

Kit highlights: Here we have a ten pack of very limited release cigars from Ezra Zion, total production listed after cigar name.

They include:

1. Peanut Butter Cookie (670) 2. Sawed-Off Shotgun Maduro (210) 3. Blessed Leaf Veneration (575) 4. Brass Knuckles Texas Special (795) 5. Ezra & Co. 2019 (645) 6. Brass Knuckles Original (525) 7. Chicken & Waffles Maduro (610) 8. Naughty Bits (355) 9. Oak & Eden Rye Blend (610) and 10. Root Beer Float Maduro (665)!

Kit 6 Donated by Nirab "Nirab's Mystery Pack"

Opening bid: $50 ($5 minimum increments) 

Kit highlights: This is a fan favorite from year to year, which NEVER seems to be a bad buy! The more you bid, the more you receive from Brother Brian! The higher the bid, the more cigars/swag/alcohol/etc. you may receive! The choice however is up to him as to what goes into the package you receive! Have a look at previous TFT auctions for his package outcomes!

Kit 7 Donated by Vroomp "Up to ...7 cans NOW (70 cigars!!) ....Xiphos Cigar Assortment" ****PACKAGE ADDITION****

Opening bid: $50 ($5 minimum increments) 

Kit highlights: This auction will not fail to please! As the bids increase, and hit benchmarks, more and more Xiphos cigar cans will fall into play! Another can will be added with each additional $20 added to the bid after $60 now! 4 starting cans, and another can has been added at $80, and $100 so far.+ ***PACKAGE ADDITION**Your choice of 1 of the Ash Trays pictured*

I received this from Vroomp "I am sorry to inform you that I am completely out of Short Panatellas and Robusto Maduros, We are now at 70 cigars! I sent out over 250 cigars this past week and failed to keep track of what was left.  Sorry "

OR

***************PACKAGE ADDITION*************

Kit 8 Donated by McBryde "Holiday Collection Box"

Kit highlights: In this collection you'll find:

• 2 - Arturo Fuente OpusX Perfecxion X (6.2"x48)[/li]
  • 2 - Arturo Fuente Double Chateau (6.7"x50)[/li]
  • 2 - Arturo Fuente Double Chateau Sun Grown (6.7"x50)[/li]
  • 2 - Arturo Fuente Hemingway Classic (7"x48)[/li]
  • 2 - Arturo Fuente Rosado Sun Grown Magnum R 54 (6.5"x54)[/li][/list]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please let me know if you have any questions at all about one of the kits, maybe I can get them answered for you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Brlesq

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

05Venturer

Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

bstessl

My Beer and cigar kit are going to include a Dark Lord from 2017 and a Goose Island BCS Cafe De Olla from 2019 along with at least a 5er of cigars.  If it goes above $150 I will throw in a Dark Lord from 2018 as well
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

bstessl

I'll open up kits 7 and 8 for $50 a piece.
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

ninfiction

Put me down for $50 on whatever else hasn't had an opening bid.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Brlesq

Bruce
Chief Enabler 

cavenbk

You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

cavenbk

You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

Mautrak

$60 on kit 5
$60 on kit 6
$60 on kit 8

Darn, December 15 is a long way away!

nwb

Chief of Shaft

McBryde

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

BewareDaPenguin

H Up Mag 46 - OBM FEB 17
PLPC - LGR MAY 19

So I unfortunately couldn't locate the codes on the Monte n the Cohiba, but they were 2 singles that I've had, and I'm not sure when I got them but I'd think from here at some point...? At any rate I promise to make it right for the winner of the auction by tossing in 2 more sticks to make up for not being able to locate those codes, I have a couple more sticks I do have codes for I'll include...:thumbsup:
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

Brlesq

QuoteBewareDaPenguin - 12/3/2020  10:02 PM

H Up Mag 46 - OBM FEB 17
PLPC - LGR MAY 19

So I unfortunately couldn't locate the codes on the Monte n the Cohiba, but they were 2 singles that I've had, and I'm not sure when I got them but I'd think from here at some point...? At any rate I promise to make it right for the winner of the auction by tossing in 2 more sticks to make up for not being able to locate those codes, I have a couple more sticks I do have codes for I'll include...:thumbsup:

The Monte is a pre-2013 band
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

benchjockey

You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

McBryde

Kid Montana

I'd rather have a cigar...

headfirst

When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

McBryde

klamm143

AND SOOOOOOOOOO the madness begins - Happy Holidays Geeks!!
Kit 1 - 65$
Kit 2 - 75$
Kit 6 - 75$
Kit 8 - 90$
Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

McBryde

Quoteklamm143 - 12/4/2020  5:41 PM

AND SOOOOOOOOOO the madness begins - Happy Holidays Geeks!!

I haven't started bidding yet either!! LOL

E

BewareDaPenguin

"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

DRuff

Where are the bidders? C'mon peeps!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.