May Member Sponsored Geek Critique

Started by Brlesq, 03/06/2021 02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brlesq

This Geek Critique has been generously sponsored by 05Venturer (Kent).

The Cigar: Caldwell Lost & Found Pepper Cream Soda Corona Gordo

The Specs:
Wrapper: Ecuadoran Brazilian-seed Arapiraca
Binder: Dominicana Piloto
Filler: Dominican Piloto, Dominican Cuban Seed HVA, Dominican Habano
Country of Origin: Dominican Republic
Strength: Mild-Medium
Size: 5.5" x 48

Shipping: US addresses only

Due Date: April 25, 2021

The Hype:
Keeping in line with the rest of the Lost & Found cigars, these are vintage sticks that Robert Caldwell "discovered" in his travels and re-branded for limited release. The original Pepper Cream Soda was released in 2014 as a Robusto.  This Corona Gordo, hailing from the original Robusto 2006 variety, is limited to 3,200 cigars.

The Reviewers:
Initially, volunteers should be Veteran status or higher and not doing the April review. This review will be due by April 25, so please, only volunteer if you are prepared to turn it in on time. If you are interested, please indicate so in the forum below and Kent will make the final selection.

1. headfirst
2. junglepete
3. benchjockey
4. nirab
5. BewareDaPenguin

Note[/i]: A reviewer who posts their review late will receive neutral feedback. A reviewer who does not post at all will receive negative feedback. There are always exceptions to the rule and a reasonable excuse for tardiness or a no show will be respected and thus not counted against the reviewer. Our sponsoring members and our administrators make the choice of who is to participate in any particular Geek Critique and can be better informed of their choices with this initiative in place.

Thanks again to Kent for providing the cigar. And thank you to the reviewers.

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

headfirst

I'm interested to give this one a go if you'll have me.  Thanks Kent for sponsoring!
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

junglepete

I'll give it a go if there is an opening. Thanks for sponsoring.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

05Venturer

Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

junglepete

Great. Looking forward to it, and thanks!
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Brlesq

Need 3 more volunteers to try out this boutique cigar and critique it for us!

Bruce
Chief Enabler 

benchjockey

You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

05Venturer

Quotebenchjockey - 3/9/2021  9:07 AM

I'd like a shot at this.
Barry you are in!   :thumbsup:
Kent

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

benchjockey

Thanks, Kent!  Appreciate your sponsorship.

headfirst

My thanks to you as well Kent, looking forward to trying this interesting combo of leaves... :dancing:
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

nirab

I can come off the bench if the team needs me... :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

05Venturer

Coach Long please put Brian in off the bench as well.
Kent

Brlesq

Quote05Venturer - 3/9/2021  1:48 PM

Coach Long please put Brian in off the bench as well.

Done
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

05Venturer

Need one more Geek to volunteer. Can't believe it's this hard to give away cigars  :confused:
Kent

BewareDaPenguin

Quote05Venturer - 3/11/2021  9:29 AM

Need one more Geek to volunteer. Can't believe it's this hard to give away cigars  :confused:

Haven't done one in a while I'm game for sure, I've enjoyed the L&F"s that I've smoked was def interested, thought more people would hop in for sure, will gladly smoke it bro, thanks :thumbsup:
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

nirab

Quote05Venturer - 3/11/2021  6:29 AM

us old timers need to start proddin' the young'ns...git em off their arses, so to speak... :biggrin:  :angel:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

05Venturer

Adam is in and we are full. I will try to get these out in the next week or so.
Kent

05Venturer

Critique packages are in the hands of the USPS

1. headfirst - 9405503699300308749211
2. junglepete - 9405503699300308749235
3. benchjockey - 9405503699300308749259
4. nirab - 9405503699300308749242
5. BewareDaPenguin - 9405503699300308749273
Kent

junglepete

Keeping an eye out for the package. Thanks.
Guru of Frugality

BewareDaPenguin

Damn that was fast lol, thanks for letting me participate bro! :smoker:

benchjockey

USPS slow delivery? Not for Kent.
Mine arrived today in good shape. Thanks for the traveling companions.

BewareDaPenguin

Sticks landed safely! Thanks for the hitchhikers bro!! Nice looking cigar I hope it lives up!! :smoker:

headfirst

Arrived safely even though it looked like someone was curious what was inside.  I'm glad you taped the bag to the box.  Thanks for the extras.  Now to let it rest for a month.   :thumbsup:
-Charles Spurgeon

junglepete

Package landed safely. Thanks for the tag-along sticks!!
Guru of Frugality

05Venturer

Looks like everyone received their packages.  :thumbsup:

Looking forward to the reviews. Thanks guys.  :rocker:
Kent

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.