June Member Sponsored Geek Critique

Started by Brlesq, 03/27/2021 12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brlesq

This Geek Critique has been generously sponsored by junglepete (Pete).

The Cigar: Mombacho Thermonuclear (Miami Edition) Robusto

The Specs:
Wrapper: Nicaragua Corojo
Binder: Nicaragua
Filler: Nicaragua
Country of Origin: US
Strength: Full
Size: 5"x 54

Due Date: May 25, 2021

The Hype:
The Miami limited edition, also known as the Thermonuclear, is powerful, so make sure you sit down while you smoke it. This cigar takes its name from the legendary volcano that is located just outside of the Nicaraguan city of Granada. When you first light it up, you can see that the name makes sense. This solid, full bodied smoke is made of 100% aged Nicaraguan tobaccos. The wrapper is from the infamous Jalapa region, known for its oily and spicy tobaccos. The original Mombacho Thermonuclear was introduced in 2004 by Tabacalera Tropical (the company now known as Casa Fernández) and was made in Honduras. In 2016, production was moved to Casa Fernández in Miami, using the same all Nicaraguan blend as the original cigar, and making it an exclusive to Serious Cigars of Houston, Texas (now owned by JR Cigars). Mombacho by Aganorsa should not be confused with another Nicaraguan brand also carrying the name. (There are two different Mombacho brands in the U.S.)

The Reviewers: Pete has selected the following reviewers:

1. HolySmokes (Rich)
2. bstessl (Brian)
3. tuck0411 (Todd)
4. gitfiddl (David)
5. Otter (Jay)

Note: A reviewer who posts their review late will receive neutral feedback. A reviewer who does not post at all will receive negative feedback. There are always exceptions to the rule and a reasonable excuse for tardiness or a no show will be respected and thus not counted against the reviewer. Our sponsoring members and our administrators make the choice of who is to participate in any particular Geek Critique and can be better informed of their choices with this initiative in place.

Thanks again to Pete for providing the cigar. And thank you to the reviewers.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

gitfiddl

Thanks fort having me. I'm looking forward to it! :dancing:
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

HolySmokes

Thanks, Pete! This will be fun, can't wait!!

tuck0411

Thanks, Pete.  Didn't realize until now that there was more than one "Mombacho" brand.  But, haven't had anything from either one of them yet, so looking forward to this.   :smoker2:
Todd

"Those sticks won't smoke themselves..." -- OZZ

Murphy223

Looks like a good one - looking forward to seeing the reviews

Otter

I'm in, thanks for including me :)
R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

junglepete

Packages are ready and will be dropped at the post office on Wednesday
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

bstessl

Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

bstessl

junglepete

On their way Gentlemen.

1. HolySmokes (Rich)  9505 5066 9321 1090 1451 11
2. bstessl (Brian)  9505 5066 9321 1090 1451 35
3. tuck0411 (Todd)  9505 5066 9321 1090 1451 59
4. gitfiddl (David)  9505 5066 9321 1090 1451 97
5. Otter (Jay)  9505 5066 9321 1090 1451 73
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

gitfiddl

Quotejunglepete - 3/31/2021  2:03 PM

On their way Gentlemen.

1. HolySmokes (Rich)  9505 5066 9321 1090 1451 11
2. bstessl (Brian)  9505 5066 9321 1090 1451 35
3. tuck0411 (Todd)  9505 5066 9321 1090 1451 59
4. gitfiddl (David)  9505 5066 9321 1090 1451 97
5. Otter (Jay)  9505 5066 9321 1090 1451 73

Cool beans!  :dancing:

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

HolySmokes

Yes Sir!!! Shows it's on the way!! You Rock!

HolySmokes

Pete!! Mind Blown. You outdid yourself Sir! I am so excited man, feeling like a big kid right now haha!! Can't wait to try them all!!

gitfiddl

Got mine today.  Pete, you are too much!

bstessl

Got mine today as well, I was confused as hell wondering where all these cigars came from...  After remembering I was in the June critique I figured it out.  Thanks Pete!

Otter

Got mine today, really yesterday but the pathetic USPS put it into into someone else's mailbox at least they were honest and dropped it off last night.

Stealth bomber - much appreciated my friend!
R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

tuck0411

Picked up mine at the P.O. today... another mind blown.  Thanks, Pete, left you Bomber feedback as you clearly need to upgrade your badge!   :smoker2:
Todd

junglepete

Good to hear all the packages landed safely. By the way, the cigar without a label is an Olivia 2nds, supposedly the Melanio V, you can decide for yourself.  :biggrin:
Guru of Frugality

HolySmokes

Ah ha ok I was wondering. Oliva's are some of my go to's so thanks for letting us know!

tuck0411

Quotejunglepete - 4/6/2021  7:17 AM

Good to hear all the packages landed safely. By the way, the cigar without a label is an Olivia 2nds, supposedly the Melanio V, you can decide for yourself.  :biggrin:

Being a fan of these 2nds and pretty intimately familiar with many of them and having submitted them all to the DB, the one in question is here for those wishing to add it to their virtual humidor...
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=cigars;area=showcig;cigar_id=192122

Thanks, Pete!  :smoker2:
Todd

HolySmokes

Alright guys, I went ahead and submitted my Geek Critique on the Mombacho. Had it for about three weeks but my wife and I are expecting our child (#4, pray for me :snoring:) to be born next week and didn't want to be late haha, who knows how it will change things. Thanks again Pete, for me this was a great smoke and kept me interested.

tuck0411

Probably should have posted this sooner... this stick wasn't previously in the DB but it's in now with Brian's (Ninfiction) help:
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=cigars;area=showcig;cigar_id=192745&t=Casa_Fernandez_Mombacho_Miami_Robusto

There are a couple of other options that appear to be the same stick, but one is an older edition and the other is incorrectly entered (wrong brand) and should probably be removed.  The one above has all the correct information.
Todd

HolySmokes

Oh no! Haha is there a way I can delete my submission and transfer the details under the new listing?

tuck0411

QuoteHolySmokes - 4/26/2021  5:34 PM

Oh no! Haha is there a way I can delete my submission and transfer the details under the new listing?

One of the admins can probably do that, hopefully.  Apologies for not posting about this earlier...
Todd

HolySmokes

No problem at all! Having it right is most important.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.