Tax increase...

Started by tuck0411, 03/31/2021 07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tuck0411

Todd

"Those sticks won't smoke themselves..." -- OZZ

rstrawsb

I have a better idea. How about taxing political stupidity. We could really make a difference or if we just sent them home or stopped paying them altogether. They won't stop until we are living on bread and water supplied by the state. :mad:

I sent my disapproval but my representative is sponsoring the bill so I don't see it will do much to change his mind. I'm in maryland and they already have a 70% excise tax on wholesale cost of cigars in addition to .40 cents per cigar federal tax.

Ron Strawsburg

"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." Charles H. Spurgeon

arrow34

Sigh, thx for the link, i sent my disapproval!

headfirst

Thanks, sent my disapproval.  I added to it that cigars do not represent the same health risk to society as cigarettes, as I'm sure the goal of tobacco tax is to try and curb the industry due to the health risks.  But I doubt my left-winger senators will care...
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.