Deadwood - Sweet Jane

Started by rstrawsb, 04/28/2021 09:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rstrawsb

Any sweet jane fans here? I really don't want to rag on this cigar but I don't think I will ever be a fan. I was thinking the sweetness was only the tip but it was sweet to the nub. 
Ron Strawsburg

"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." Charles H. Spurgeon

Brlesq

Not a fan, either, but I know that the shops are having a hard time keeping these in stock, so some folks must like them
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

tuck0411

Not a fan of infused smokes in general after having tried a few Acids.  And these sound like an Acid repackaged to appeal to a slightly different crowd.
Todd

"Those sticks won't smoke themselves..." -- OZZ

rstrawsb

I didn't realize they are a drew estates product. Didn't notice a flavored check mark in the listing either. Thanks for the reply maybe they will tone down with age.  :angry:
Ron Strawsburg

"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." Charles H. Spurgeon

rstrawsb

Ron Strawsburg

rstrawsb

Too bad his profile doesn't include an address.   :?:
Ron Strawsburg

appollo

I have one but haven't tried it yet.This will be my first infused stick,might save it for a buddy who wants to try a  cigar for the first time.LOL

Beegerply

Sweet Jane came out by Drew for a cigar shop in Deadwood ND, if I'm not mistaken someone correct me if I'm wrong. There is also Crazy Alice, Fat Bottom Betty and recently the Leather Rose. I really didn't care for Sweet Jane but the Fat Bottom Betty wasn't to bad. But I'm really not an infused type of person.     :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

05Venturer

FYI, the Deadwood Cigar "Yummy Bitches" Line are NOT infused cigars. They have a sweetened tip and use a blend of tobacco including aromatic pipe tobacco.
I personally am a fan of Fat Bottom Betty but have yet to get my hands on any of her sisters.  :shooter:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

shakinghorizons

Quoterstrawsb - 4/28/2021  8:12 PM

Any sweet jane fans here? I really don't want to rag on this cigar but I don't think I will ever be a fan. I was thinking the sweetness was only the tip but it was sweet to the nub. 

My father-in-law loves infused cigars. If you are looking to get rid of them, send me a PM regarding cost and I will pass it by him.

Adwinistrator

Quote05Venturer - 4/29/2021  9:40 AM

FYI, the Deadwood Cigar "Yummy Bitches" Line are NOT infused cigars. They have a sweetened tip and use a blend of tobacco including aromatic pipe tobacco.

This is correct  :thumbsup:

rstrawsb

I smoked a pipe for years but preferred english blends over aromatics. My wife encouraged the aromatics because the
Latakia blends smelled like burning tires to her. She's not fond of cigars either. If she hears anymore about sweet jane, crazy alice and fat bottom Betty she is going to snap.
Ron Strawsburg

05Venturer

Quoterstrawsb - 4/29/2021  7:10 PM

I smoked a pipe for years but preferred english blends over aromatics. My wife encouraged the aromatics because the
Latakia blends smelled like burning tires to her. She's not fond of cigars either. If she hears anymore about sweet jane, crazy alice and fat bottom Betty she is going to snap.

Then don't bring up Leather Rose or their cousin Jucy Lucy LOL :lmao:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

nirab

the best cigar is the one in your hand...and the one in mine...smoke what ya like to smoke, that is all that matters...cigar shaming is unhealthy, and quite unnecessary...

With that, Kent is correct. Deadwood sticks are not infused, just a sweet tip, and an interesting blend of cigar and pipe tobacco. We cannot keep em in stock. Personally, I enjoy an occasional one on a Sunday morning, sitting out in my backyard, with a cup of coffee, while watching the birds on our feeders. The DE Larutan line is the same blend, but with a different wrapper. These sell out just as fast as the Deadwood stuff... :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

rstrawsb

Hey guys, sweet jane has a new home. I made a deal with a fellow geek and she is awaiting the mail carrier. No shame to jane she just isn't my kind of lady. With that said I may have to track down that fat bottom Betty :drool:
Ron Strawsburg

MrMoke

I have tried other infused cigars, Acid Blondie, Nasty, Cafe con Leche etc, while the experience was different and 'interesting' I have not had the urge to stock flavored / infused cigars in my humi on a regular basis.

However, The 'Sweet Jane' along with her big sister 'Fat Bottomed Betty' are on my 'should try' list if only, when my wife asks me "what are you doing?" to be able to say "I've been out on the porch spending time with Sweet Jane / Fat Bottomed Betty"  :biggrin:
"The older I get the more I realize I cannot please everyone.  However, pissing everyone off is a breeze."

rstrawsb

I know it's juvenile humor but the naming of that line is pure genius. I like the quality of sweet jane. The cigar has good construction, medium to full strength and good flavors. The sweetness just had me salivating like dinner had been served. I smoked it to the nub. 
Ron Strawsburg

DonM

While the entire Deadwood line sells well, the Fat Bottom Betty moves the fasted followed by the Leather Rose in my store.

While I am still in the traditional cigars category myself, I do like the Fat Bottom Betty.  #1 seller:  Padron 3000 natural

"The Curmudgeon"

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.