FDA Aims to Ban Flavored Cigars

Started by Brlesq, 04/29/2021 01:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brlesq

We all knew the day would eventually come that the FDA would outlaw flavored cigars. With the current administration, it will probably become reality this time.  These aren't my thing, but if you're a fan, you better buy some now to stockpile. Its not like they can get any worse wth age! :lmao:

https://www.cigaraficionado.com/article/fda-aims-to-ban-flavored-cigars?utm_campaign=ca_fdaflavors_042921&utm_source=ca_fdaflavors_042921&utm_medium=email&utm_content=effdfc066c6c29feb2ac606a69ec8ba1

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

gitfiddl

As a fan of the Drew Estate infused lines and the CAO Flavours stuff, I hope they  leave the "premium" cigars alone.  I haven't read any of the details, but are "sweetened cap" cigars like Baccarat in the cross-hairs as well?  And how far will they go?  Will they attack "aromatic" pipe tobaccos as well?

Jonathan Drew was smart in selling to Swisher...

:mad:  :mad:  :mad:
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

ninfiction

So far it sound like "premium" cigars are excluded. They are going after Backwoods and Swisher. That combination with menthol cigarettes and people are already claiming the whole thing is racist because minorities are the main consumer of those products supposedly and it's going to unfairly target them. I'm surprised this administration hasn't backed down already for that reason alone.

One of the suburbs here in the Twin Cities has already passed a similar ban and many cities including Minneapolis and St Paul have pretty strict ordinances already, like only being able to buy tobacco from a tobacco shop. Can't even get cigarettes from gas stations.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

BewareDaPenguin

Quotegitfiddl - 4/29/2021  8:17 PM

As a fan of the Drew Estate infused lines and the CAO Flavours stuff, I hope they  leave the "premium" cigars alone.  I haven't read any of the details, but are "sweetened cap" cigars like Baccarat in the cross-hairs as well?  And how far will they go?  Will they attack "aromatic" pipe tobaccos as well?

Jonathan Drew was smart in selling to Swisher...

:mad:  :mad:  :mad:

This came up today when I was talking to a few guys at work. I'm surprised Swisher (ACC) would even let this come on the table. I'd think they"d have the biggest lobbiest in DC, and not only do they sell a crapload of flavored machine made, but I'd think DE is about the only line that most people can tolerate for premium hand rolls as well. So I'm a little shocked. It is a slippery slope though as we all know, if they get a bill on the table who know what other BS they will try to cram in there, not good
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

DonM

If they do in fact hit the premium flavored cigars, cigar shops will have plenty of new shelf space  :lmao:

At work we do not move many machine made cigars, but we do sell a lot of Acids, Deadwood and Tabak Especial

"The Curmudgeon"

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.