August Member Sponsored Geek Critique - Blind Review w/ a Twist

Started by Brlesq, 05/05/2021 10:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brlesq

This Geek Critique has been generously sponsored by appollo  (Stephen)

The Cigar: This will be a BLIND REVIEW

The Specs: :confused: But we'll tell you this much so you can decide if you want to volunteer to review this or not:
     Strength: Medium-Full
     Size: Lancero/Long Panatela

Due Date: July 25, 2021

The Hype: :thumbsup:

Shipping: Canada and US Only

The Reviewers: Veteran status or higher, in good standing. Preference to those members not already doing the July critique. If you are interested, please indicate so in the forum below and appollo will select the four (4) more reviewers from the volunteers.

Chosen Reviewers:
1. Biggsy16
2. nirab
3. benchjockey
4. ninfiction
5. BewareDaPenguin

The Twist: After submitting their review, each reviewer shall PM appollo and Brlesq with their guess as to what cigar it was that they smoked. If somebody guesses it correctly, appollo will send out a sampler of this company's cigars. If more than one person guesses correctly, appollo will randomly draw for the winner among those reviewers that identified it correctly.

Note: A reviewer who posts their review late will receive neutral feedback. A reviewer who does not post at all will receive negative feedback. There are always exceptions to the rule and a reasonable excuse for tardiness or a no show will be respected and thus not counted against the reviewer. Our sponsoring members and our administrators make the choice of who is to participate in any particular Geek Critique and can be better informed of their choices with this initiative in place.

Thanks again to appollo for providing the cigar. And thank you to the reviewers.  

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

nirab

I did the May GC, but willing to review if there are challenges filling the spots.  :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

benchjockey

I also did a May Critique but, if needed, I'd love to do this one.
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

ninfiction

Pick me pick me...I did April though, so put me as a back up
This is not the admin you're looking for...

appollo

benchjockey

appollo

BewareDaPenguin

"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

benchjockey

QuoteBewareDaPenguin - 5/7/2021  2:02 PM  I’m game but I just did May :?:

The May group is holding an August reunion, Adam.

appollo

QuoteBewareDaPenguin - 5/7/2021  12:02 PM

I'm game but I just did May :?:
Your in Adam

appollo

I will get these ready in the next week and get them out to you.

BewareDaPenguin

Lol it sure does look that way :thumbsup: thank you Appollo! Looking forward to it :smoker:

nirab

The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

appollo

Gentlemen the review sticks are on the way.Please let me know when you receive them.

benchjockey

biggsy16

Stephen,
I received my very generous package today thank you very much
Never done being a Dad

appollo

ninfiction

Also received mine today. Forgot it was blind as I'm wondering wtf the unbanded cigar is.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

appollo

Quoteninfiction - 6/10/2021  12:32 AM

Also received mine today. Forgot it was blind as I'm wondering wtf the unbanded cigar is.
Glad they made it alright Brian.enjoy the offerings I hope you have good time trying to figure out what it i

BewareDaPenguin

benchjockey

The package arrived safely. Thanks for the interesting travel companions, Stephen.

appollo

Adam,Berry glad they made it safely.Enjoy the sticks.Brian is the only one left.

BewareDaPenguin

Man I got my cigar club this weekend that stick is calling my name, it might get burned down Saturday :biggrin: thanks for getting out to us early :smoker:

appollo

Brian has received his sticks.Everyone now has their sticks.Let the contest begin.Have fun with this gentlemen.

appollo

Just a heads up geeks that the time is approaching. :-)

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.