Anniversary cigar ideas?

Started by headfirst, 05/07/2021 06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

headfirst

Hey geeks,

I'm coming up on my 25th wedding anniversary in June and was thinking of getting a box of something really special to commemorate the occasion and smoke one every year.  Could be a box of 5, 10, or 20, doesn't matter.  Ideas?  If price wasn't a factor, what is THAT cigar that you'd buy to celebrate something big like this?  I haven't smoked too many super premiums yet (even though I've hoarded some lol) so I'd like to hear what some favorites are around here.  GO!
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

wescat

Unobtanium, pricey, and excellent:  http://www.havanadreamin.com/rare-finds/camacho-liberty-vintage-2009

The possibility exists that there's mold under the tissue paper though. I bought about 125 old stock liberty's from a local B&M back in 2012. I insisted on inspecting them all prior to purchase, so I sat down at a table in the B&M and took the tissue paper off of every one, prior to purchase. About 15% of them had mold.

But '09's are an excellent smoke, IMO. The only Liberty I liked better was the 2005.
The second law chases us all.
In most realms, tranquility comes from ownership.
Order ensues when everyone totes their own water.  
Stand firm, and never let the bastards grind you down.  
Life's arc is primarily charted between ones ears.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
Heaven is where the police are British, the lovers French, the mechanics German, the chefs Italian, and it is all organized by the Swiss.
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

BewareDaPenguin

The Davidoff 702 Aniversario Special R - Box would be nice :smoker: congrats man that's awesome! Let us know what you decide! :thumbsup:
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

quickme

Congrats on the 25th brother!   I say something in a double robusto or double corona.   If you can find them a Sancho Panza Sancho would be a great box.

nkowal

Fundadores would be my vote.

MrMoke

Personally, for an anniversary and congratulations on that btw,  I would go with :-

God of Fire Serie Aniversario

https://www.godoffire.com/aniversario

Either the 54 or the 60 vitola should do it unless you want to wait till the 56 is available.
"The older I get the more I realize I cannot please everyone.  However, pissing everyone off is a breeze."

shakinghorizons

H. Upmann Sir Winston would be my vote. They age incredibly well and you could finish the box on your 50th anniversary!
Congrats on 25!

ntanner

Ashton VSG is a good special occasion smoke and 25 years is pretty special,  congratulations.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

appollo

Congrats Gary.I really haven't smoked any real highend other than some ISOM and I know your not a real big fan.But treat yourself Buddy to something nice. :-)

Brlesq

Paul Garmirian 25th Anniversary Connoisseur is a great boutique cigar
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

wescat

QuoteBrlesq - 5/8/2021  11:21 AM

Well put, and the PG Gourmet Maduro's are also very good. This place has plenty of stock:  https://mcleancigars.com/
Heaven is where the police are British, the lovers French, the mechanics German, the chefs Italian, and it is all organized by the Swiss.
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

Brlesq

Quotewescat - 5/9/2021  5:51 AM

QuoteBrlesq - 5/8/2021  11:21 AM

Well put, and the PG Gourmet Maduro's are also very good. This place has plenty of stock:  https://mcleancigars.com/

It should have plenty!  That shop is owned by Paul Garmirian and his son.  :lmao:

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

nirab

I am a big fan of the Don Pepin Garcia JJ Salomon. I buy a box or 3 every other year. They are a 5ct box, and age extremely well. It is one of my favorite celebration cigars. Top notch in my book!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

wescat

Quotenirab - 5/11/2021  1:59 PM

I am a big fan of the Don Pepin Garcia JJ Salomon. I buy a box or 3 every other year. They are a 5ct box, and age extremely well. It is one of my favorite celebration cigars. Top notch in my book!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:
^^ Damn fine recommendation nirab, they are an excellent cigar. They are occasionally on the devil site.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

biggsy16

Gary,
Use what ever is left over from buying your wife something, buy a fiver of something you have always wanted and pair it with a really nice bottle of Canadian Rye,wishing you all the best sir.25 is special treat her right first then treat yourself.
Take care buddy
Never done being a Dad

headfirst

Thanks for all the input everyone, some good suggestions.

Rich, sage advice from a marriage veteran.  Of course what I spend on me will be a fraction of what I spend on her.  I'm a blessed man and she will know it.  :thumbsup:
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.