How many cigars how often?

Started by gitfiddl, 05/31/2021 12:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How many cigars how often?

Only on special occasions

gitfiddl

Hello all!  I hope everyone is fairing well.  Since I joined Cigar Geeks 12+ years ago, my cigar smoking habits have fluctuated greatly.  I started out with the occasional cigar during the week and a couple on the weekends, usually on the way to and from gigs and while setting up and tearing sown the band's gear.  For the bulk off those years, I was also a cigarette smoker.  I finally quit the cigarettes in November of last year, and since have smoked nothing other than "premium" cigars and pipes (i go through English and aromatic phases with my pipes; the pipes are mostly cobs).

Anyway, for the last couple of months, it's been mostly cigars over pipes doe me.  I'll generally have two or three in the evening after work during the week, and four or five a day on the weekends and holidays.  I was just curious about the rest of y'all.

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

benchjockey

Three or four a day for me.
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

headfirst

Generally once a week for me...
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

shakinghorizons

Maybe once a month for me.

tuck0411

Between the two per day on the commute during the week and generally three per day on the weekends, I average about 2.3 per day.  Which doesn't fit into any of your poll options...   :smoker2:
Todd

"Those sticks won't smoke themselves..." -- OZZ

ninfiction

I'll go in spurts. Now that it's warmer the number will go up but even during the winter I'll smoke weekly. I selected 3-5 per week.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

junglepete

Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Beegerply

I'm in 3-5 per week group. But it really works out to be about one a day.  :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

BewareDaPenguin

I don't get to smoke as much as I used to, still smoke 2-3 when I'm golfing and I attempt to make it to cigar club every month (I said try Byron) so that probably puts me in the 1 a week anymore, not enough time I need to retire lol :smoker:
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

appollo

I smoke 2-4 a week usually on weekends less in the winter it's just to cold

Murphy223

1-2 per week, mostly on the weekend.

ntanner

Unfortunately at this time I burn 1 to 2 a week but a couple years back it was a couple a day but I just don't have as much time for cigars lately.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

StogieDad

I probably average one a day.  Summer and going forward now that my daughter goes to school later I like to have one with my coffee before work a lot of mornings, but that doesn't always happen.  I get one after work every other day or a little better, just according to the week.  And weekends I usually start with one early and have another later in the day, if not a couple more.  Then we may be out for a competition for my daughter and I may not have one all weekend.  Ya never know.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

DonM

2 a day is pretty accurate.  I don't smoke in the house so weather is sometimes an issue.  You can always turn the heater on, but you can't turn the summer heat and humidity off.  Even sitting in the garage next to the portable ac can be sticky this time of year with the humidity

"The Curmudgeon"

HolySmokes

Yeah it's usually 2 per week, more on rare occasions. With 4 kids, one being a newborn there is just a ton going on! I usually set out at night when they are all tucked in :)

Caveman Steve

I'm in the 3 to 5 per week category.  Significantly less in the winter months.
"yesterday I did nothing, and today I'm finishing what I did yesterday"

Adwinistrator

I usually have at least one a day, but the day's I work at the lounge I can push 4 or 5.

While it is a bit much, I do enjoy starting the day off with something milder, and ramping up to a bold and full final cigar of the night.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.