Potential new Humidor - help with pricing

Started by shakinghorizons, 06/26/2021 05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shakinghorizons

I'm sick of having boxes of cigars in 10 different coolers and a modified freezer, so I've been searching for either a cigar tower or large wine fridge when this popped up.

It's 80.5 inches Tall, 46.5 inches wide and 17.5 inches deep. It has a Hydra LG humidifying system that comes with extra fans. The problem is that it's listed as make an offer. I hate making offers. So I've come to you guys to help with an offer. It's about 2 hours from me 1-way and he has already said he'll take $100 off just for the travel.

Brlesq

Never saw one like that before, but looks like sliding glass doors.  I would be wary about how well they seal. Maybe they're fine, but just my 2 cents.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Brlesq

I found a similarly one, built a bit differently and with6 shelves instead of 5, but this is full retail.

https://yourelegantbar.com/products/elegant-electronic-display-humidor-cabinet-commercial-retail

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

ninfiction

Check to see if the shelves can be laid flat. Unless you're displaying boxes like a cigar shop you'll be much happier with them flat. Flat = more room for boxes.

My tower has half the shelves angled and not movable, it's kind of a waste of space.

As for pricing, good question. I got my tower off craigslist a few years ago for $200. It did not include humidification though. I would offer about $500 if you really like the design, he may give you a price after that. It does look like a nice cabinet.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

shakinghorizons

Thanks for the comments everyone. I was concerned about the sliding glass doors, but he sent close up pictures of where they meet and I'm content with it. Regarding the shelves, I'm not sure if I'll even use them, I'm not opposed to stacking boxes as long as I can see the front for easy identification.

nirab

if the deal is a deal...I say go for it!  :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

shakinghorizons

Picked it up yesterday! Now the challenge is getting this heavy monster in to my basement.....

arrow34

shakinghorizons

Quotearrow34 - 6/30/2021  9:36 AM

that s always the challenge.  If you dont have some, try these... https://www.amazon.com/Forearm-Forklift-Appliances-Mattresses-L74995CN/dp/B008ASBLJI

That's what I will be using tonight - tried a dolly last night and I just don't have the room to maneuver.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.