Custom Build

Started by bkupper23, 07/09/2021 09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bkupper23

Hey guys,

I  bought this lawyers cabinet from our local old home society for $80.  Stripped the paint off and then sealed it with butcher block cutting board sealant.   I then lined it with 1/4" spanish cedar planks and made a removable shelf from 3/4" spanish cedar supports and 1/4" spanish cedar shelf.  I did not seal the cedar before anyone asks!  The cedar cost me just about $140 with just a little left over for a potential smaller shelf above.  You can check out the pictures, didn't take nearly enough.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/BM8sEcHrdvuQT1RA7

Let me know what you think!

Brandon

shakinghorizons

Wow, great work and beautiful humidor.

gitfiddl

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

nirab

well done!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

benchjockey

You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

Otter

R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

nkowal

Nice work! How's the seal on it? I've been tempted to test custom building something but I'm not that good and I'm afraid I'd create a horrible seal.

ntanner

I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Beegerply

Looks great, nice job :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

bkupper23

I just got her up and running, but so far 4+ days sitting at 69% @ 71 degrees.

MrMoke

"The older I get the more I realize I cannot please everyone.  However, pissing everyone off is a breeze."

appollo

Nice looking job. :thumbsup:

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.