2021 FFL Time of year again to get ready for football:

Started by johncw, 07/26/2021 11:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johncw

It's almost August so figured it's time to get the league started. First I want to give everyone in the league last year a chance to rejoin first then if there are spots open I will open it up to all the Geeks. Again this year we will all be putting up 5 cigars ($7+) and one really nice cigar ($12+). I'm requesting everyone send me the cigars this year, since we had someone not pay up at all last year. If cigars are not sent to me you run the risk of forfeiting games. Regular season winner gets the ($12) cigars. Winner of the playoffs gets everyone's 5 cigars and 2nd place of the playoffs gets the 5 cigars 1st place put up.

We will again try and do a Online Draft and Google Herf.

Also try and log in to NFL.com and go to the league again.

Gronkman Style (John) - IN
Chief the Whole F'n Show (Ken) IN
Redneck Warriors (Jason) IN
Toilet Monsters (Brian) IN Cigars Recv
Penn State Boys Camp (Adam) IN - Cigars Recv
BamaStogieboys (Michael) IN
Killers on the confluence (Chuck) IN Recv
Rman IN - Cigars Recv
Ninfiction (Brian) IN Cigars Recv
INdyGopher (Nick) IN  Cigars Recv
CavemanSteve (IN) - Cigars Recv
Nickthefish (IN) - Cigars Recv

BewareDaPenguin

Oh I'm in brother :smoker: need to get my title back lol...what a great time this is, been a really fun league with you guys I enjoy it very much! :biggrin:
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

nirab

count the Toilet Monsters in!! thanks for running this, you do a great job being our Commish!!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

ninfiction

Yes, I'm in. Fantasy Baseball was a complete failure so hopefully this goes better.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Caveman Steve

If there is an open spot this year, I'll play.  If not.  No biggie.  Licking my wounds from a horrendous fantasy baseball season
"yesterday I did nothing, and today I'm finishing what I did yesterday"

BewareDaPenguin

We got spots bro, looking forward to hopefully getting it back to 12 teams this year, we were down to 10 last season, so it would be great if we picked up 3 geeks! It's a really fun laid back league man, I really enjoy it :smoker:

BewareDaPenguin

John I couldn't find the league page, but my account is good, do you have the league details you can post or PM? :?:

nickthafish

I'd like back in if possible? Passed last year but participated the year before.

StogieDad

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

chief791

I'm in again. Been enjoying this league for years now.
"Well now I'm no hero, That's understood
All the redemption I can offer, girl, Is beneath this dirty hood"
From Thunder Road by Bruce Springsteen

"Give me a diablo sandwich, a Dr. Pepper, and make it quick, I'm in a god-damn hurry."

Buford T. Justice

johncw

Great to see everyone enthusiasm for this year. Would love to get back to 12 teams if possible.

Adam try this link - https://cigargeeks.league.fantasy.nfl.com

BewareDaPenguin

BewareDaPenguin

:bump: to 1st post :biggrin: this has been I think a 5-6 year league we have been doing Geeks, it looks like we r sitting at 9...for sure need 1 more geek, n 3 more would be great, if you are on the fence it's a super chill league with some great sticks always every year, I'd throw your hat in the ring, we just have fun n talk a little bit of trash but not 2 much, again we've had this going pretty strong for a few years, so nows your chance to participate in fantasy football with 2 shots at some great sticks :smoker:

BewareDaPenguin

If we can't get 1 more I think I can talk me bro (IndyGopher) into playing...if we need to get to at least 10...let's see if we can pick some geeks up :smoker:

johncw

QuoteBewareDaPenguin - 8/9/2021  11:19 AM

If we can't get 1 more I think I can talk me bro (IndyGopher) into playing...if we need to get to at least 10...let's see if we can pick some geeks up :smoker:

Adam, Whey don't you see if your brother is interested. I have 2 interested and waiting to hear from RMAN. If your brother is in I think we will be back to 12.

johncw

Lets go ahead and try and get a live draft schedule.

Typically we have done these in the evening during the week.

You really should be able to do the draft from just about anymore since it's online. Typically we get together over a herf as well while drafting.

Please respond with what you CanNOT make Times are CST.

Aug 29th Afternoon 4ish
Aug 29th Evening 8ish
Aug 30th Evening 8ish
Aug 31st Evening 8ish
Sept 1st Evening 8ish
Sept 2nd Evening 8ish
Sept 5th Evening 8ish
Sept 6th Evening 8ish
Sept 7th Evening 8ish

Thanks everyone!

nirab

Quotejohncw - 8/9/2021  10:20 AM

Lets go ahead and try and get a live draft schedule.

Typically we have done these in the evening during the week.

You really should be able to do the draft from just about anymore since it's online. Typically we get together over a herf as well while drafting.

Please respond with what you CanNOT make Times are CST.

Aug 29th Afternoon 4ish
Aug 29th Evening 8ish
Aug 30th Evening 8ish
Aug 31st Evening 8ish
Sept 1st Evening 8ish
Sept 2nd Evening 8ish
Sept 5th Evening 8ish
Sept 6th Evening 8ish
Sept 7th Evening 8ish

Thanks everyone!

For me, August 29th, September 5th are the best dates. After that, Mondays work only if it is after 8:45pm CST. Thanks John!
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

BewareDaPenguin

Quotejohncw - 8/9/2021  1:08 PM

Adam, Whey don't you see if your brother is interested. I have 2 interested and waiting to hear from RMAN. If your brother is in I think we will be back to 12.

Cool sounds good I sent him a message :smoker:

IndyGopher

Quotejohncw - 8/9/2021  2:08 PM

He got me lol. Sorry to jump in as pretty much an outsider.  Feel free to bump me if an active geek wants in.  I've been outta the cigar hobby for a few years, but luckily I've kept my humidor stocked with $7 cigars!  Adam is gonna send my $12 one with his entry.

These draft dates DON'T work for me: 8/29 evening (afternoon ok), 8/30, 9/1, 9/3 (could work in a total pinch), 9/4.  Thanks and I'll count on Adam too keep me posted!

--Nick

BewareDaPenguin

Don"t work:

Aug 29th Evening 8ish
Sept 1st Evening 8ish  
Sept 5th Evening 8ish
Sept 6th Evening 8ish

nickthafish

If in, can not make

Aug 29th Afternoon 4ish
Aug 29th Evening 8ish

johncw

Adding a link so you can either post here or put your availability on the spreadsheet.  Thanks already a few days probably out.

John

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KxBwPAfBjQibie761T1AsrauhWdzeG_EAcjSEY3PqgY/edit?usp=sharing

ninfiction

Ok, I think I updated the spreedsheet. Really only 2 slots that don't work for me.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

johncw

Quoteninfiction - 8/10/2021  5:29 PM

Ok, I think I updated the spreedsheet. Really only 2 slots that don't work for me.
:thumbsup:

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.