Cigars for Troops - 2021

Started by nwb, 09/17/2021 12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nwb

Cigars for Troops Drive

It's that time of year again! Even though the holiday season is a couple months away, starting early will give everyone who wants to participate time to send a care package. Here is last year's thread:

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=53855.0

Historic Donations
2010 - 525 Cigars
2011 - 587 Cigars
2012 - 676 Cigars
2013 - 1,343 Cigars
2014 - 1,617 Cigars
2015 - 1,619 Cigars
2016 - 1,484 Cigars
2017 - 2,135 Cigars
2018 - 1,030 Cigars
2020 - 775 Cigars
Total - 11,791 Cigars

The basic rules:

*The cutoff will be October 31st for getting packages/donations in the mail to me. This will allow me enough time to get them shipped and the soldiers receive them before the holidays.

*This is open to anyone, whether you are a vet or newbie. The more the merrier! This is your chance to get that coveted "Troop Supporter" badge.

*Send as many cigars as you would like. Even a fiver will make a difference. Cutters and/or matches would also be appreciated, as well as sealed pipe tobacco, pipes, pipe cleaners, etc. Please, no lighters – I'm trying to avoid any problems with USPS.

*Cigars with cellophane travel better. However, if you have cigars without cellophane, feel free to send them.

*Packages can be drop shipped to me from vendors. Members have done this in years past with success.

*Please PM me for my mailing address and/or if you send a package. I'd like to avoid boxes sitting on my doorstep in case I'm traveling.

*I will keep a running list of those that have expressed interest along with if I received the package. If you commit to donating early on and decide it can't be done, no harm, no foul.

In years prior, I created a virtual humidor with all the cigars. Depending on the response, I might do that again this year, time permitting. For those of you who keep track of your cigars in the virtual humidor or excel, providing a list of the donated cigars when you send them helps a LOT in this effort.

One other note: if you know of a group deployed oversees, especially in an area of conflict, please nominate them by sending me a PM. We typically send 3-4 packages, so I'd like to spread the wealth. If we can't identify anyone, I will provide the entire donation to the local Cigars for Warriors representative.

As always, feel free to post any questions!
Chief of Shaft

Brlesq

Count me in!  The troops deserve every little comfort they can get.

Thanks for running this again, Nate!

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

headfirst

When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

appollo

ninfiction

Right on, good reason to sort through the humidors.

I'm in!
This is not the admin you're looking for...

BewareDaPenguin

I am in, always a great thing we do here...thanks for putting this together and keeping it going Nathan :smoker:
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

klamm143

Nathan, I'm in - such a great thing - thanks for all you do.
Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

nirab

The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

appollo

Anybody going to offer sticks to buy and send them in.It just easier then shipping from up here.

headfirst

Quoteappollo - 9/23/2021  3:13 PM

Anybody going to offer sticks to buy and send them in.It just easier then shipping from up here.

I will probably offer something up; usually Brad does something as well.
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

SenorPablo

Thanks for running this again Nathan!  I'll be sending some in as well.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

05Venturer

Count me in again as well.
Thanks Nate
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Adwinistrator

I'll be sending you a package on behalf of Paul.   :biggrin:

nwb

Two donations have been received. I'll get pictures up soon.
Chief of Shaft

tfkirk

I'm in via Gary (headfirst). Thanks Nathan!!
Kirk

RIP BIG KIRK, LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU, SEE YOU ON THE OTHER SIDE

BewareDaPenguin

Package on the way bro :smoker: thanks again for running!
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

Brlesq

Package leaving tomorrow containing both my donation and wescat's donation
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

nwb

Donations are starting to come in.  Thanks you BewareDaPenguin, Brlesq, SenorPablo, and wescat!
Chief of Shaft

nwb

05Venturer
Adwinistrator
appollo
BewareDaPenguin - Received
Brlesq - Received
headfirst
klamm143
ninfiction
nirab
SenorPablo - Received
Tfkirk via headfirst
wescat - Received
Chief of Shaft

Brlesq

Wescat's donation and my donation are 20 cigars each. Those pictures looks like a 5'ers!   :rolleyes:

Thanks for dedicating the time to do this Nathan.

Bruce
Chief Enabler 

Adwinistrator

Add my name to the list, I'll be donating this year.

nwb

QuoteBrlesq - 10/21/2021  4:42 PM
Wescat's donation and my donation are 20 cigars each. Those pictures looks like a 5'ers!   :rolleyes:

Thanks for dedicating the time to do this Nathan.

Ha!  I thought the same thing when I was posting them.  The original pics from the phone, before I had to reduce the size, were better.
Chief of Shaft

bstessl

Crap!  I missed this this year.  I haven't been on in longer than I thought...
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

nwb

I'm going to extend this for a couple of weeks.  There is still time to send a donation.
Chief of Shaft

gitfiddl

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.