New Contest...

Started by emind56, 03/02/2008 02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emind56

The First member who can answer the following question corectly will recieve a selection of cigars out of my Humi.  
What was the name of the first club that Miles Davis played in, in N.Y.C.?

Please one guess per member per day so more people can get a shot at it.

So what do you guys think?   :confused:

qman22

Minton's Playhouse
Lets GOOOOOOOO Mountaineers!

MX1

The Plantation.

Did I win?? :lmao:

Duker511

Tim

emind56

Looks like qman wins....I'll have to make the question harder next time so it will last longer....qman pm me your snailer and I'll get some smokes off to you on Tuesday or Wed.

SenorPablo

Nice contest Rob!  We have some smart folks around here.  Everytime I start a contest it seems like they get it in a few hours.  Thanks for kicking one off!

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

qman22

looks like I am on a roll this weekend :biggrin:
Lets GOOOOOOOO Mountaineers!

ljlemer

Quoteemind56 - 3/2/2008  4:49 PM

I'll have to make the question harder next time so it will last longer..../QUOTE]

In the computer age you can do wonders using a search engine.
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

emind56

Quoteljlemer - 3/3/2008  1:05 AM
In the computer age you can do wonders using a search engine.

I know I know, but what are you gonna do  :confused:

mhuss

Quoteljlemer - 3/3/2008  2:05 AM
In the computer age you can do wonders using a search engine

:lmao:   It's funny you bring that up, Larry, because I tried to search around the net for the answer!  Obviously I didn't find it.

And indeed, qman, you are on quite a roll these past few days.  First, you do some hard work to slip into the fifth and final spot for the monthly contest.  Then you win the contest and the gift cert.  And now you get the trivia question right for some more free sticks.  If I were you, I'd head on down to Atlantic City and see if the luck continues!

ljlemer

Quotemhuss - 3/3/2008  11:13 AM

Quoteljlemer - 3/3/2008  2:05 AM
In the computer age you can do wonders using a search engine

:lmao:   It's funny you bring that up, Larry, because I tried to search around the net for the answer!  Obviously I didn't find it.

And indeed, qman, you are on quite a roll these past few days.  First, you do some hard work to slip into the fifth and final spot for the monthly contest.  Then you win the contest and the gift cert.  And now you get the trivia question right for some more free sticks.  If I were you, I'd head on down to Atlantic City and see if the luck continues!

The truly lucky man knows when to stop.
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

emind56

qman your winnings will be off to you in the morning via USPS priority.  I'll PM you with the DC tommorow evening

mhuss

Quoteljlemer - 3/3/2008  12:47 PM
The truly lucky man knows when to stop.

Ah, yes, how right you are.  I guess my statement is coming from a true gamer, or gambler, however you want to see it.  The more you play, the more you lose.  That's how Vegas got to be so huge, obviously.  They didn't build all those resorts by losing.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.