Dominoes and La Gloria Cubana

Started by Turboknat, 03/03/2008 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turboknat

For those in the area, this looks fun.

La Gloria Cubana Dominoes Tournament at The Sunset Club

Time: March 12th, 6-8pm
Cost: Free... all attendees receive a free La Gloria Cubana Cigar

Focus: the La Gloria Cubana field rep will host a Dominoes Tournament with great cigar prizes and giveaways.

http://www.tinderboxcigars.com/southpark/event_Domino.asp

Bob Cordell

Hey Turbo, what's your opinion of the Serie R Maduros? I've never had one but they look tasty...

Have you had those? I'm pretty sure that it was the Serie R that had the dark wrapper. They went for about $7.00 at my local B &  M. Does that sound right? Dark and oily wrapper...

"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

Turboknat

Well, the only ones I have had are the La Gloria Cubana Corona Gordas, which I thought were terrific.  Not a bad price on them, if I remember.

Turboknat

Well, I attended the Tinderbox Dominoes and La Gloria Cubana night at the Sunset Club in Charlotte.  It was alot of fun.  It was a free event, and upon entry we were presented with a La Gloria Cubana Lovell Natural.  After purchacing a Newcastle Brown Ale, I very pretty woman came over and asked if I wanted to play in the Dominoes turnament (everyone there was a novice, like myself).  Well, a few refresher lessons later, I was assigned to a team and the games were off.  Smoking cigars and playing dominoes, I felt like I was in Soho, FL, except for the weather, and no beach, no flashy cars, I was hungry, and poor.  But other than that, it was like being there.  

Anyway, I made it all the way through to the end of the second round!  How cool (there were eight).  Oh well, as a consolation prize, those of us eliminated received another LGC to smoke.  I spent the rest of the night with buds enjoying Newcastles and the Padron 1926 No. 2 Belicoso and Nat Sherman 489 Tubo No. 2 I had also brought with me.  So, from start to finish, a good night.

NewGuy

QuoteBob Cordell - 3/3/2008  7:47 PM

Hey Turbo, what's your opinion of the Serie R Maduros? I've never had one but they look tasty...

Have you had those? I'm pretty sure that it was the Serie R that had the dark wrapper. They went for about $7.00 at my local B &  M. Does that sound right? Dark and oily wrapper...

Bob

Check out the #4 Robusto - nice smoke.

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

Turboknat

I love em.  Actually, I didn't care for the Natural much.  But the Series R Maduro is a great one to stock in your humi.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.