Question about aromatics....

Started by Feynix, 10/05/2010 11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feynix

I hear about aromatics that sound like they would be a great dessert type smoke. The only "aromatics I've tried though are the "super value" kind. Are there any Aromatics that taste just like they smell? The cherry one I tried only smelled like cherry and did not taste like it.

Rebecca Silverwolf

The Rocky Patel Java (by Drew Estates) might be a good choice. They are sweet, and smell and taste fairly chocolatey, with hints of coffee. I think they smell and taste like a chocolate bar.

I like the ACID line from Drew Estates. They are sweet and have more of a floral flavor and aroma. There are a bunch of different ACIDs to choose from, my favorites are the Blondie and Cold Infusion Tea.
"Well, we may not have parted on the best of terms. I realize certain words were exchanged. Also certain... bullets."

"If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."

-Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Jackal

I agree with the ones Rebecca named.  Also, I will add Tabak Especial.  The Con Leche tastes like that Cappuccino that you get at donut shops.  The negra is more coffee like.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

Feynix

oops! shoulda Clarified :P Was talking about pipe tobacco. I like the acids but I haven't been able to go back to them since I switched to medium/full bodied gars. Been wanting to try the Javas

Feynix

Picked up some stuff earlier, so I guess this will become my own experiment!

Hot Stuff x

somtimes hard to tell you're in the Pipe geeks forum.  Anyway, yes, there are some good aromatics out there, and not too expensive.  I tend to stay away from drug store tobacco.   Drug stores sell White Owl and Phillie cigars, and their some of their pipe tobaccos are of similar quality.

I would recommend this site for reccomendations and reviews:

http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/browse_all.cfm

Reccomend choosing only 4-star rated blends.  Can't go wrong.

My personal favorite aromatic is Scotty's Butternut Blend, available here (click).

Also good are a lot of the blends from Boswell's

LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

PA.pierced2010

QuoteFeynix - 10/5/2010  11:25 PM

I hear about aromatics that sound like they would be a great dessert type smoke. The only "aromatics I've tried though are the "super value" kind. Are there any Aromatics that taste just like they smell? The cherry one I tried only smelled like cherry and did not taste like it.

I would have not known it was a pipe topic if not for hotstuff pointing it out.  My experience with pipe tobacco was from the drug store and the flavored ones never tasted or the smoke smell like the package stated.  Made me swtich to burley and black.  Of course my pipe days were 25 yrs ago. :-)
"The difference between a man and his valet: they both smoke the same cigars, but only one pays for them"
Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

nwb

QuoteHot Stuff x - 10/6/2010  3:31 AM

somtimes hard to tell you're in the Pipe geeks forum.  Anyway, yes, there are some good aromatics out there, and not too expensive.  I tend to stay away from drug store tobacco.   Drug stores sell White Owl and Phillie cigars, and their some of their pipe tobaccos are of similar quality.

I would recommend this site for reccomendations and reviews:

http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/browse_all.cfm

Reccomend choosing only 4-star rated blends.  Can't go wrong.

That site was the best resource back when I smoked a pipe.  Speaking of which, have you tried that Stanwell I traded to you, Les?
Chief of Shaft

vw77guy

That Butternut blend sounds tasty.  I may have to look into that.

Hot Stuff x

Quotenwb - 10/5/2010 10:31 PM   That site was the best resource back when I smoked a pipe. Speaking of which, have you tried that Stanwell I traded to you, Les?

It smokes like a champ!  It quickly became my favorite pipe.

LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

nwb

QuoteHot Stuff x - 10/13/2010  2:45 AM

Quotenwb - 10/5/2010 10:31 PM   That site was the best resource back when I smoked a pipe. Speaking of which, have you tried that Stanwell I traded to you, Les?

It smokes like a champ!  It quickly became my favorite pipe.

Very good!  I'm glad you enjoy it.  It was my only pipe, so I don't know how it compares to others. :confused:
Chief of Shaft

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.