Todays cup

Started by vw77guy, 11/08/2010 04:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vw77guy

We have a today's smoke thread, so I figured we should have a coffee thread to accompany it.

Today was a dunkin donut pumpkin spice.  Still going through it from the beginning of fall.  It's ground coffee that I make myself since there isn't a dunkin in sight from the Denver area.  The pumpkin spice isn't the best in my opinion, so I'm just trying to use it up.  

What's your coffee today? :beer:

Ken Kelley

Folger's Gourmet Blend in my cup...usually every morning.  Brewed strong and black.  Although I enjoy the rarer blends I also like plain old Folger's.
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

nwb

My office has free Starbucks House Blend, ground and brewed a cup at a time.  Although I really don't like Starbucks, it is better than the alternative - Maxwell House or nothing. :confused:
Chief of Shaft

Brlesq

Starbucks Via Italian Roast.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

MT21

From Costco.  Pleasant Hills Farms Gourmet Selection.  I make it the night before and wake up to it every morning.  Better than supermarket coffee and cheaper than Starbucks, Seattle's Best, Austin Chase, Forza etc........
"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

Gurkha free zone.

PA.pierced2010

My coffee is whatever the chow hall serves up, which is better than most.  :-)
I drink 2 cups a day.
"The difference between a man and his valet: they both smoke the same cigars, but only one pays for them"
Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

Dave S.

San Francisco Bay brand French Roast from Costco brewed strong.

4 - 6 cups per day.
"There are not enough Indians in the world to defeat the Seventh Cavalry."

George Armstrong Custer

87North

Well it's maxwell house today, and most days for easy morning coffee.  Otherwise it's usually whole bean Eight O'Clock.  Depending on the day I drink from 2- 12 cups a day.   :-)
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

gitfiddl

Not being a big coffee drinker, I thought this was another "guess the size" thread. :confused:
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

ROTHNH

Like cigars, for me, it's a lot about value.

I try to stock Berkley & Jensen Guatemalan Dark Roast beans (2.5 pound bags), $12.95.  BJ's is an East Coast chain of food warehouse stores (like Cosco and Sam's) and I grind the beans (very fine) daily.

I stock up when I visit family, since the closest BJ's is 90 minutes away, I'm not a member but my in-laws are and they live near BJ's.

If I run out and can't get to BJ's to restock, there are a couple local coffee roasters who make decent dark roasts at about double the price of my BJ's brand.

nwb

QuoteROTHNH - 11/8/2010  2:06 PM

I try to stock Berkley & Jensen Guatemalan Dark Roast beans (2.5 pound bags), $12.95.  BJ's is an East Coast chain of food warehouse stores (like Cosco and Sam's) and I grind the beans (very fine) daily.

I have a BJ's close to where I work, so I'll have to give that roast a shot.  Thanks for the tip.
Chief of Shaft

ROTHNH

Quotenwb - 11/8/2010  2:07 PM

QuoteROTHNH - 11/8/2010  2:06 PM

I have a BJ's close to where I work, so I'll have to give that roast a shot.  Thanks for the tip.

NP, Nathan.

I may be a little off on the price but if so, not by much.  I started buying this brand more than a dozen years ago when I lived in NH (it was $7.95 back then) and like most things, it's gone up, but is still an exceptional value.  BJ's also stocks 2.0 - 2.5 lb. bags of other house brands, such as 100% Columbian Supremo, Hawaiian and others.  They also sell Starbucks at a reduced price but of course, it's still a lot more $$ than BJ's blends.

Of course, BJ's requires a membership (I think it's $40 a year for family membership) but when I was a member, they'd mail us promotions like $10 "Valued Member" cerificates on occasion and monthly member-only coupon books on tons of items.  If you have a freezer, you can make up that membership fee in no time on their meat alone.

Ken Kelley

Nothin' says lovin' like BJ's in a cup!  Saaayy, now!  That's pretty catchy!

gitfiddl

QuoteAlphairon - 11/8/2010  3:57 PM

Oh...Nevermind! :-0
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

Voexum

Quotegitfiddl - 11/8/2010  5:31 PM

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:
Christopher "Voexum"
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=Voexum

"A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points but it is by no means the most interesting." - The Doctor

Ken Kelley

Quotegitfiddl - 11/8/2010  5:31 PM

Heh!

mountedshriner

"Peet's" French Roast, fresh brewed is unbeatable!!
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

Robert LG

At work drinking the free Crappola that they supply us with.  No complaints though, it could be nothing.  I drink way too many cups to count while on nights.

Looking forward to a nice pot of Blue Mtn. blend when I get up tomorrow.  Tonight's my last shift for three days so I should have time to enjoy a cigar with that coffee. :dancing:
Rob

nwb

:biggrin:
Chief of Shaft

gitfiddl

Quotenwb - 11/8/2010  6:55 PM

I was never a football player, so the cheerleaders weren't after me, but I think you'd have to take the cup off first... :shades:

Ken Kelley

Quotegitfiddl - 11/8/2010  8:02 PM

Quotenwb - 11/8/2010  6:55 PM

I was never a football player, so the cheerleaders weren't after me, but I think you'd have to take the cup off first... :shades:

It's sorta like a missile launch with the hatch cover popping off before the missile goes...same principle

vw77guy

Brewed up some Dunkin Dark (Dunkin Donuts) for the guys at work.  It went over well.  Only one guy thought it was too dark for him... Sissy!  Dunkin coffee was on sale at Target, so I stocked up on pretty much every flavor.

PA.pierced2010

Dunkin Donuts and coffee are pretty good.  Too bad we do not have stores in CA.
"The difference between a man and his valet: they both smoke the same cigars, but only one pays for them"
Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

Ken Kelley

QuotePA.pierced2010 - 11/8/2010  10:43 AM

My coffee is whatever the chow hall serves up, which is better than most.  :-)
I drink 2 cups a day.

I never saw a USAF fleet service coffee I didn't like while I was flying.  Navy coffee ain't bad either for the most part.

Seamus67

Had a few Hampton Inn " Robusts" and Panera "Hazelnut" Aaah life on the road. I miss my homebrew. :-(
"It's not over until we say it's over"

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.