"The Christians met on the way many people who were going to their towns, women and men, with a firebrand in the hand, and certain weeds whose smoke they inhale which are dry weeds stuffed into a certain dry leaf in the form of a muset made of paper, like the ones the children make on the day of the Holy Ghost; and burning a part of it, from the other part they suck or absorb or admit the smoke with breathing." -Christopher Columbus, from his Navigation diary

Main Menu

Name this pipe shape?

Started by mike46, 11/09/2010 06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike46

I have an old pipe here, my buddy gave it to me back in the 70's, not sure of the make.  Smaller bowl, I like that size, great for quick smokes and I'm not a confirmed pipe smoker, sometimes only one bowl per month.  Anyways, this little pipe has a "squashed" bowl, like you put the bowl in a vise and tightened it from both sides.  The top opening is quite oval in shape, never seen one like it and not sure what the shape would be.  Maybe a squashed billiard or something like that?  Wish I could post a photo but I'm not at that level yet.

sherenity

Sounds to me like a (Tomato )Oval squashed fits nicely in your hand? Your apples tend to be more round.

Hot Stuff x

here's some good references.  Note that there is no industry standard for pipe shapes....companies can call a pipe anything they want.  My guess is you are describing a "prince".

http://www.theitalianpipe.com/infowell/shapes.htm

http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze43wza/smoke/shape.html

LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

ROTHNH

Sounds more like the Square Panel shape, because it appears pressed from the *sides* not top and bottom and the bowl is oval:

"... this little pipe has a "squashed" bowl, like you put the bowl in a vise and tightened it from both sides. The top opening is quite oval in shape ..."

Does it have a filter?  If yes, given the info, I'd say it's a Medico.

Does it have a Spades (the symbol from playing cards) on the stem?  It could be a Dr. Grabow -- they got real artsy-fartsy with pipe shapes in the 70's.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.