Pipe shapes link ....

Started by mike46, 11/09/2010 06:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike46

Here's a pretty interesting link to the various pipe shapes.  My squashed pipe posted below is a squashed apple I think.  So i've eaten and smoked a squashed apple then.

http://www.pipepages.com/kwg-68app1.htm

Ken Kelley

Here's another one with some flat bowls.  There's some called "pocket pipes" that sort of fit your description.

http://www.thefind.com/gifts/info-rusticated-pipe
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

NES Tek

Very cool link.
"A good cigar is like tasting a good wine: you smell it, you taste it, you look at it, you feel it - you can even hear it. It satisfies all the senses." - Anonymous

"You play five years in a Jimmy Buffett cover band and see what your freakin' wardrobe looks like, butthole!" - gitfiddl

nwb

This was my old pipe.  I really liked it, but I traded it to Les (Hotstuffx).

Chief of Shaft

mike46

I used to smoke a pipe quite a bit in the 60's and into the 70's, then just sort of quit for a while with occasionaly journeys in pipe world since.  I loved a nice pipeful, Velvet used to be one of my favorite budget brands although you couldn't buy it up here in Canada.  I remember Erinmore, pretty pricey I remember.  

Looking at those shapes, I remember a shape I had once which I see in the link is a Dublin, I didn't know that then.  I wish I remember where all my pipes went, I just have two left after having about 8-9 at one time.  Breaking in a new pipe was sheer agony, maybe because my pipes weren't pricey, but they all seemed to come around eventually.  

My wife loved the smell, I used to smoke in the house back then, even the kids used to like it.  They never went to college, hope that's not the reason, but they were trouble free and treated everyone with respect (still do) so maybe the pipe smoke mellowed them out!  Into cigars now, I have a lot but only smoke about one every 5 days on the average.  When I die I won't ever regret having done at least some smoking in my days.

:-)  :-)

nwb

Quotemike46 - 11/9/2010  8:22 PM

...Breaking in a new pipe was sheer agony, maybe because my pipes weren't pricey, but they all seemed to come around eventually.  

It is, and I think that is why I gave up on it.  One of these days, I might have to revisit a pipe, though, especially since I think the taste of the tobaccos is superior to cigars. :shades:
Chief of Shaft

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.