Whats your regular brew?

Started by emind56, 03/12/2008 07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emind56

What are all you guys drinking these days?

SenorPablo

Quoteemind56 - 3/12/2008  8:01 PM

What are all you guys drinking these days?

For me, I buy the Starbucks Columbian roasted beans from my grocery store and grind it myself.  At work we have those Keurig (sp?) instant i cup brews with about 20 flavors and i usually go between the Columbian and the French roast.

Nothing too fancy for me.

Recently my father in law brought back some Kona beans from Hawaii and it was really good.  I definitely want to try to get into some other beans.  Maybe the Blue Mountain?

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

NewGuy

Sippin' on that Cuban Roast fron Baby's!

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

emind56

Cuban roast eh?  I used to get cubanito from Havana, that was some pretty good coffee.....is what you get similar or what makes it cuban roast I guess is what I'm asking

NewGuy

I'm not sure emind.  It is bold and stormy with no None Nada bitter finish - amazing
check it out   www.babyscoffee.com

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

mhuss

Here I thought it was gonna be a question about beer!   :crazy:

emind56

Quotemhuss - 3/12/2008  9:35 PM

Here I thought it was gonna be a question about beer!   :crazy:

wrong forum for that sort of thing.  that would be up there in the alchol forum :lmao:

mhuss

Quoteemind56 - 3/13/2008  12:59 AM
wrong forum for that sort of thing.  that would be up there in the alchol forum :lmao:

Indeed, maybe we should start one of those, too!   :shy:

emind56

I've been drinking a Kenyan for the past week that is really incredible....Its so bright in the cup that its almost overwhelming.  It took me  a day to adjust to it, but I think i've found my flow now.

Duker511

I have a Tim Hortons down the road from me so Ive been "Rolling up the Rim to win"the last week or so. Im waiting on an order of green beans to try roasting.(Columbian Excelso Timana EP, Kenya AA Ichamara lot 423)
Tim

emind56

Awsome....glad to see there will be some more roasters around here.

wescat

The second law chases us all.
In most realms, tranquility comes from ownership.
Order ensues when everyone totes their own water.  
Stand firm, and never let the bastards grind you down.  
Life's arc is primarily charted between ones ears.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
Heaven is where the police are British, the lovers French, the mechanics German, the chefs Italian, and it is all organized by the Swiss.
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

mcdimond

Coffee Traders Mocha Java, but I'm getting ready to switch to Stumptown Holler Mountain Blend for a while.
Michael

Fun Fact:
Groucho Marx suffered from insomnia, which he claimed was due to a financial loss in the stock market. When he suffered from insomnia, he used to call people up in the middle of the night and insult them. In the 1950s Groucho was invited to take a tour of the New York Stock Exchange. While in the observation booth, he grabbed the public address system handset and began singing "Lydia the Tattooed Lady". Upon hearing silence coming from the trading floor, he walked into view, was given a loud cheer by the traders, and shouted, "Gentlemen, in 1929 I lost eight hundred thousand dollars on this floor, and I intend to get my money's worth!" For fifteen minutes, he sang, danced, told jokes, and all this time, the Wall Street stock ticker was running blank.

nwb

Although I'm not a huge fan, we have a Starbucks machine that grinds/brews coffee one cup at a time at work.  Since it is free, I drink whatever blend they put in the machine  :biggrin:

Paul, if you get a chance to try JBM, it is very good.  My wife, who does not drink coffee, absolutely loved it.

nwb
Chief of Shaft

NES Tek

Costco Medium Roast. It's made by Starbucks. It's really good!
"A good cigar is like tasting a good wine: you smell it, you taste it, you look at it, you feel it - you can even hear it. It satisfies all the senses." - Anonymous

"You play five years in a Jimmy Buffett cover band and see what your freakin' wardrobe looks like, butthole!" - gitfiddl

Bob Cordell

Keystone light, about the same as Coors!

:dancing:
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

mountedshriner

A blend from Sumatra that I found at Costco. Excellent coffee.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

Ken Kelley

Onct upon a time I ran C-141 airevac missions into Howard AFB in Panama.  We traded Napa Valley wine for Columbian coffee. Sadly, my airborn black market days are long over so I have to make do with whatever evil dregs I can find at Kroger's or Walmart.
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

Hound10

Kicking Horse 454 Horse Power or Kicking Horse Kick Ass - both dark roast, organic, fair trade coffee!

Wakes you up QUICK in the morning
"Smoking is one of the leading causes of statistics"

Bob Cordell

I dont think I paid much attention to the question he was REALLY asking huh?

I thought he meant beer...

:confused:

mountedshriner

QuoteBob Cordell - 12/9/2009  10:22 AM

That figures!! :dancing:  :dancing:
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

JKG

I also thought it was about booze. That shows you where our minds are.

Beer - Michelob Lite or Bud Lite (even though you didn't ask)

Hard Stuff - Seagrams 7 Dark Honey Whiskey

Work Coffee - Ronoco because that's what they brew in my office.  Actually, it's pretty good.  They have Starbuck's but to me it's bitter, strong and tastes like mud mixed with goat piss.  I know there are millions of Starbuck's lovers out there and to each his own but, I think it's wayyyyyyyyyy overated and wayyyyyyyyyy overpriced.

Home Coffee - Folger's Brazilian brew.

:cheers:

sunbuilder

Community Dark Roast mornings and Yuengling Black & Tan evenings :beer:  :cheers:
To smoke is human; to smoke cigars is divine

mcdimond

QuoteBob Cordell - 12/9/2009  10:22 AM

Drat, you mean Keystone Light won't wake me up in the mornings? No wonder my coworkers give me funny looks...
Michael

Fun Fact:
Groucho Marx suffered from insomnia, which he claimed was due to a financial loss in the stock market. When he suffered from insomnia, he used to call people up in the middle of the night and insult them. In the 1950s Groucho was invited to take a tour of the New York Stock Exchange. While in the observation booth, he grabbed the public address system handset and began singing "Lydia the Tattooed Lady". Upon hearing silence coming from the trading floor, he walked into view, was given a loud cheer by the traders, and shouted, "Gentlemen, in 1929 I lost eight hundred thousand dollars on this floor, and I intend to get my money's worth!" For fifteen minutes, he sang, danced, told jokes, and all this time, the Wall Street stock ticker was running blank.

Bob Cordell

No, but it really gets me going about 5:30 PM!!!!!!!!!

:dancing:

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.