Signet cigars

Started by Lorenzo, 02/16/2011 03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lorenzo

Hello everyone,
I smoked a cigar from the 90's to 2000. The name of the cigar was signet. They do not make them anymore. Does anyone know where some of these may still be lying around or sold?

Brlesq

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

87North

Well aren't you just on the ball Bruce?  9 min and already got the answer.   :lmao:  :lmao:

Welcome to the site Lorenzo!
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

nwb

Welcome to the site!
Chief of Shaft

Brlesq

Quote87North - 2/17/2011  8:01 AM

Well aren't you just on the ball Bruce?  9 min and already got the answer.   :lmao:  :lmao:

Yeah, but it only took me 90 seconds to actually find it.  Its called GOOGLE SEARCH.   ;-)
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

87North

QuoteBrlesq - 2/17/2011  7:23 AM

Quote87North - 2/17/2011  8:01 AM

Yeah, but it only took me 90 seconds to actually find it.  Its called GOOGLE SEARCH.   ;-)

Wow!  Teach me your ways master of the mysterious GOOGLE SEARCH.   :bow:  :bow:  :bow:

:lmao:

southernpacifico

Things I believe:
Life is too short not to pull the trigger!
The best cigar, I haven't smoked yet.
Everyone needs something to believe in, I believe I'll have another Scotch (Beer, Rum, Bourbon..) and Cigar!! The choices are endless......
SMOKE ON BOTLs

mountedshriner

If you can't find it here Lorenzo...........It can't be found!! :welcome:
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

billy82

But I really liked the name "Wish Stealer". It had a Native American ring to it. -Brlesq

A wise geek once told me that moving up from a daily smoke to a weekly or even bi-monthly smoke would be worth it, if I could learn how to appreciate a really really good cigar. -southernrun
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=billy82

NES Tek

"A good cigar is like tasting a good wine: you smell it, you taste it, you look at it, you feel it - you can even hear it. It satisfies all the senses." - Anonymous

"You play five years in a Jimmy Buffett cover band and see what your freakin' wardrobe looks like, butthole!" - gitfiddl

ljlemer

We have 4 entries under Signet, but no reviews.

Can you add a review or two? My experience with very old cigars is that they eventually stop getting better and start getting worse unless superbly stored.
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

Jackal

Welcome to the insanity   :welcome:

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

junglepete

Welcome to the site  :biggrin:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

akira

"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed - Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.'" -Jack Handy

herfdude

:welcome:  to looney land..... :biggrin:
"I have made it a rule never to smoke more than one cigar at a time."  Mark Twain

Beegerply

Welcome from the Midwest Lorenzo  :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

ROTHNH

Hi Lorenzo and thanks for posting.

Lorenzo

Hey Bruce,
I took your advice and tried cigars-for-less for the signet cigars. I was shocked to find the signet in their stock, so I rushed and ordered 2 boxes for next day shipping. When I got the boxes, I noticed they looked a little differennt but did not pay this much attention. When I went to the cigar club to enjoy my old favorite, I quickly realized that it was not! It was very different. The manager of the club and I did some research and discovered that the cigar box for my old favorite was labeled "Domincan" and dated 1999, and the recently purchased box was from 'Nicaragua" and dated 2003. It looks like I got what amounts to a different product. I'm certain you understand my disappointment :-)

Can you or someone, recommend another site, store or dealer, where you can find older cigars?

Thanks,

Lorenzo

goathead

QuoteLorenzo - 2/20/2011 8:22 PM Hey Bruce, I took your advice and tried cigars-for-less for the signet cigars. I was shocked to find the signet in their stock, so I rushed and ordered 2 boxes for next day shipping. When I got the boxes, I noticed they looked a little differennt but did not pay this much attention. When I went to the cigar club to enjoy my old favorite, I quickly realized that it was not! It was very different. The manager of the club and I did some research and discovered that the cigar box for my old favorite was labeled "Domincan" and dated 1999, and the recently purchased box was from 'Nicaragua" and dated 2003. It looks like I got what amounts to a different product. I'm certain you understand my disappointment :-) Can you or someone, recommend another site, store or dealer, where you can find older cigars? Thanks, Lorenzo
sad to here

metalhead y cigarguy

From what I've been able to find via internet search, the Signet Royal Reserve (Dominican Republic) cigars were of limited availability. These may have been a special run of cigars during the 90's cigar boom.
 :confused:
I'm a Guru playing a Guru disguised as another Guru. 

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Instagram: metalhead_cigarguy

ljlemer

QuoteLorenzo - 2/20/2011  11:22 PM

Hey Bruce,
The manager of the club and I did some research and discovered that the cigar box for my old favorite was labeled "Domincan" and dated 1999, and the recently purchased box was from 'Nicaragua" and dated 2003. It looks like I got what amounts to a different product. I'm certain you understand my disappointment :-)

Can you or someone, recommend another site, store or dealer, where you can find older cigars?

Thanks,
Lorenzo

Cigar brand names have always been recycled to "honor" old classics and to cash in on their fame. Your Signet was probably one of many going back over a century. If you do find anyone hoarding your cigar, be prepared to pay a lot for it. I have an old favorite too, the original Royal Jamaica before the Jamaican tobacco industry was wiped out by  Hurricane Gilbert in 1988. The ones I've found have not aged well. There's an "impostor" Royal Jamaica made in the DR cashing in on the name now. It sucks.
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

vw77guy

Swing and a miss!  That sux.  Hope you find a secret stach somewhere.

Brlesq

Hey Bruce,
I took your advice and tried cigars-for-less for the signet cigars. I was shocked to find the signet in their stock, so I rushed and ordered 2 boxes for next day shipping. When I got the boxes, I noticed they looked a little differennt but did not pay this much attention. When I went to the cigar club to enjoy my old favorite, I quickly realized that it was not! It was very different. The manager of the club and I did some research and discovered that the cigar box for my old favorite was labeled "Domincan" and dated 1999, and the recently purchased box was from 'Nicaragua" and dated 2003. It looks like I got what amounts to a different product. I'm certain you understand my disappointment :-)

Thanks,
Lorenzo

Sorry to hear about your disappointment, Lorenzo.  Your original post did not specify that you were looking for a blend from the Dominican Republic, and the Cigars-for-Less site clearly indicated that these were from Nicaragua.  As Larry stated, many cigar brands that die are recycled by other companies buying the name, and sometimes they move the plant and/or change the tobacco due to labor costs, politics, weather, scarcity of particular leaves, etc. If its DR's that you like, maybe you should try a few other brands from there and see if any please your palate.   Good luck!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

lowpro75

QuoteBrlesq - 2/21/2011  7:55 AM

Hey Bruce,

Thanks,
Lorenzo

Sorry to hear about your disappointment, Lorenzo.  Your original post did not specify that you were looking for a blend from the Dominican Republic, and the Cigars-for-Less site clearly indicated that these were from Nicaragua.  As Larry stated, many cigar brands that die are recycled by other companies buying the name, and sometimes they move the plant and/or change the tobacco due to labor costs, politics, weather, scarcity of particular leaves, etc. If its DR's that you like, maybe you should try a few other brands from there and see if any please your palate.   Good luck!

Or maybe you should work a little harder to find what this guy is looking for Bruce.  Get on that.
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

87North

Quotelowpro75 - 2/21/2011  8:11 AM

QuoteBrlesq - 2/21/2011  7:55 AM

Hey Bruce,

Thanks,
Lorenzo

Or maybe you should work a little harder to find what this guy is looking for Bruce.  Get on that.

:lmao:   You heard the Man Bruce... Hop to it!   :-0  :rolleyes:  :lmao:

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.