Cigar Geeks Northwest Get Together

Started by Shukpaw, 03/26/2011 06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shukpaw

On Saturday July 9th I will be hosting a Cigar Geeks get together at my family's beach house in Olympia, WA.  The official time is 11am-7pm.  There are four of us, which I know of, who are within a couple hours of the house.  I expect the four of us will be there.  The rest of you are also invited.

The official time is only a suggestion.  I plan to be at the house Friday through Sunday.  Bryan and I have already discussed taking in a game or golfing or something on Sunday.  There is room for some people to stay at the house if you come for more than one day.  We will plan based on who is coming.  So far those of us who have discussed getting together are not bringing any of our family with us.

Disclaimer:  This house is used by my parents and my siblings.  There is no smoking allowing in the house, but it has a nice deck and plenty of outside areas.  Just pray for good weather.

Please PM me with any questions or for the address if you are coming.  Please RSVP by July 1st so I can make sure to have enough food, etc...
I'm right 98% of the time.  Who cares about the other 3%?

Robert LG

Wow that sounds Awesome!  I wish I was closer.

Some of us Southerners need to do this.
Rob

billy82

sounds like fun. wish i lived closer.
But I really liked the name "Wish Stealer". It had a Native American ring to it. -Brlesq

A wise geek once told me that moving up from a daily smoke to a weekly or even bi-monthly smoke would be worth it, if I could learn how to appreciate a really really good cigar. -southernrun
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=billy82

MT21

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

Gurkha free zone.

NES Tek

How awesome?! Mike will just be getting back from vacation, and I'll be watching his dog. Otherwise, we would both be down. We might be up there for Seattle beer week. Maybe we can meet up then? Details will follow.
"A good cigar is like tasting a good wine: you smell it, you taste it, you look at it, you feel it - you can even hear it. It satisfies all the senses." - Anonymous

"You play five years in a Jimmy Buffett cover band and see what your freakin' wardrobe looks like, butthole!" - gitfiddl

metalhead y cigarguy

QuoteDisclaimer: This house is used by my parents and my siblings. There is no smoking allowing in the house, but it has a nice deck and plenty of outside areas. Just pray for good weather.

Any rules on Hawaiian shirts, Keystone kegs and midget strippers? :confused:  :lmao:
I'm a Guru playing a Guru disguised as another Guru. 

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Instagram: metalhead_cigarguy

Shukpaw

Quotemetalhead y cigarguy - 3/26/2011  11:02 PM

QuoteDisclaimer: This house is used by my parents and my siblings. There is no smoking allowing in the house, but it has a nice deck and plenty of outside areas. Just pray for good weather.

Any rules on Hawaiian shirts, Keystone kegs and midget strippers? :confused:  :lmao:

Hawaiian shirts are fine.  Keystone is fine.  I'll be bringing some Deschutes Black Brute Porter and I am hoping to scare up some Olympia, but if you want Keystone.  

About the midget strippers, the majority of the house is owned by my parents and my mid 70 year old mother is the one who makes any usage rules.  I'll have to ask her about the strippers and get back to you.

metalhead y cigarguy

QuoteShukpaw - 3/26/2011  11:27 PM

Quotemetalhead y cigarguy - 3/26/2011  11:02 PM

Hawaiian shirts are fine.  Keystone is fine.  I'll be bringing some Deschutes Black Brute Porter and I am hoping to scare up some Olympia, but if you want Keystone.  

About the midget strippers, the majority of the house is owned by my parents and my mid 70 year old mother is the one who makes any usage rules.  I'll have to ask her about the strippers and get back to you.

I have at least a half case of Olympia here.  :cheers:  If the strippers are a go then I'm sure David can set you up with a contact number.  :biggrin:  :lmao:

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

lowpro75

That's awesome.  I'll video conference in.  I have to warn you though, everytime I get in front of a webcam I end up showing my junk.
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

goathead

cool idea...

GeeksĀ from California need to do the same

87North

Sounds like the making for a great time... :biggrin:
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

Voexum

I calculated how far it is and some other stuff if I drove there and look what I got...

Each way it's about:
2800 miles
$300 worth of fuel
2 days worth of driving (if non-stop)

Unfortunatly I might not make it :biggrin:
Christopher "Voexum"
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=Voexum

"A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points but it is by no means the most interesting." - The Doctor

Robert LG

QuoteVoexum - 3/27/2011  11:22 AM

I calculated how far it is and some other stuff if I drove there and look what I got...

Each way it's about:
2800 miles
$300 worth of fuel
2 days worth of driving (if non-stop)

Unfortunatly I might not make it :biggrin:

Only 2,400 miles from here.  Just a hop skip and a jump.
Rob

nwb

This is a great idea!  Wish I wasn't on the opposite end of the country.
Chief of Shaft

metalhead y cigarguy

Quotelowpro75 - 3/27/2011  7:15 AM

That's awesome.  I'll video conference in.  I have to warn you though, everytime I get in front of a webcam I end up showing my junk.

Is this you?  :confused:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8buVre5ahkc&feature=related
 :-0  :lmao:

horrido

Hold on I'll just get in my private jet and fly down.....wait a minute that was my dream jet...I guess I send my hello and that would be fun message.......have a great time. :lmao:  :lmao:
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

Brlesq

Quotemetalhead y cigarguy - 5/14/2011  2:12 AM

What's more disturbing, Bryan, is that you watch that stuff!!  :shamebag:
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

87North

QuoteBrlesq - 5/14/2011  7:33 AM

Quotemetalhead y cigarguy - 5/14/2011  2:12 AM

What's more disturbing, Bryan, is that you watch that stuff!!  :shamebag:

Kinda what I thought...  :lmao:  :lmao:
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

metalhead y cigarguy

I did a search for lowpro75 and this is what I got.   :biggrin:

Actually I was searching cigar reviews a came across this weirdo, and it reminded me of the that comment. I can't Believe this guy post this stuff. Talk about creepy.

DonM

Sounds like a good time for all!  Too bad you can't run down to the old Olympia brewery, Oly was my step dads go to beer back in the day when I was a kid in Oregon.  I snaked  a few of them out of his fridge as a kid

"The Curmudgeon"

lowpro75

Quotemetalhead y cigarguy - 5/14/2011  4:47 PM

I did a search for lowpro75 and this is what I got.   :biggrin:

Actually I was searching cigar reviews a came across this weirdo, and it reminded me of the that comment. I can't Believe this guy post this stuff. Talk about creepy.

Hey, that's me!
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

ntanner

sounds like a great time. i grew up in Oregon and Have toured the olympia brewery with my grandfather. his beer of choice. you guys should have a great time, wish i could be there.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

horrido

Yes, it sounds like a great time....have fun guys.
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

Jackal

Wish that I could make it.

Smoke one for me guys.  :smoker:

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

Shukpaw

Only a month to go.  I am expecting 4 of us.  Anybody else?

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.