CG Online herf! (chat tonight!!)

Started by kgoings, 04/01/2008 04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kgoings

Okay I will be logging in around 9:30 10 MST, and I think emind said he would be logging in too...lets give it a try..follow the link below

Enter Chat Room

emind56

I think I ought to able to make it in for a cyber herf tonight

kgoings

burn1

i might be able to do it no promises though what time central would that be?

Bob Cordell

That would be like 11:30 my time...a bit late for the East Coasters. I have my daughter tonight and she usually takes up the computer till about 11 or so anyway. If I'm up I might say hi for a second or two...

I type slow though...
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

ljlemer

11:30 EDT is probably good for me if I remember. I'll set my cellphone alarm.
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

Sticks

I probably would on a Friday night as my wife hits the sack by ten CST. I get up at 4 a.m. each day so it's a bit late for me during the week. I commute from the country down to the big city almost every week day.

Turboknat

I just tested the link kgoings posted, and it works fine.  Its even called CigarGeeks.  But, I was alone, and so I left to finish my homework.

Bob Cordell

Yeah, I checked it out also...it works!

tnt956

I would join in but that is past my bedtime  :-0

ljlemer

Anyone can join the chat, even non-members. Not only that but you can give any name you want. You can impersonate someone. There are no controls.

Thomas Mann

Bob Cordell

Thats interesting, is there anyway to set up a password? I dont like that much. Someone could log in as Larry, Paul, me, etc. and start cussing everyone in the room and being obnoxious, then they would get a black eye around here.

I think we would know it wasnt the real member but still. There are some wierdos out there!

kgoings

Yea, there are no controls in teh free version. I figured we would give it a whirl first. It was the best I could come up with quickly. I will investigate more tomorrow.

Bob Cordell

What the hell.. I'm in now!

Come on in...test drive it, maybe we can announce on the boards when its really us

mhuss

Yeah, I'm on right now as well, chatting it up with Bob and Larry.  Seems to be working pretty nicely!  Great idea fellas!

ljlemer

Quotemhuss - 4/1/2008  11:50 PM

Yeah, I'm on right now as well, chatting it up with Bob and Larry.  Seems to be working pretty nicely!  Great idea fellas!

Yeah, it was a lot of fun.

Thomas Mann

emind56

Its 934 and I'm in chat if anyone wants to stop in

emind56

kgoings

I didnt get there till 10 but emind and I had a great talk...that was fun!

ljlemer

Quotekgoings - 4/2/2008  1:48 AM

I didnt get there till 10 but emind and I had a great talk...that was fun!

I logged on as Vice Squad and nobody was there so I went outside and had a smoke. When I got back your entire chat was waiting for me. Nice chat. As you can see, there are some security issues with this website, but you both noticed me there, so you can't complain. :lmao:

Thomas Mann

kgoings

Yea there is an admin feature, I could have kicked you off. Its free and doesnt have a bunch of features. For something like that you have to pay.

But its not on a chat site where people could browse around and find that chat, they would have to get to it using the link I created...that is the only way in.

burn1

Sorry I missed you guys fell asleep. Are you planning on making this a weekly thing? :snoring:

Bob Cordell

It was pretty cool last night, I had to get in bed and couldn't stay up very long. Larry did an excellent job of showing me how unsecure the site is though...

He's a meanie!

Sticks

Darn, I wasn't able to make it. It sounds like it was a pretty good time.

qman22

yeah, I went to a concert last night.  didn't even know it happened until today.  would def be interested in attending the next one though
Lets GOOOOOOOO Mountaineers!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.